+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the NBA vs Highschool

Default the NBA vs Highschool

this is the comparison im gonna make.

an NBA player vs a Highschool basketball player.

sure both players are capable of shooting 2s and 3s and some layups...but i guarantee the NBA player is going to do it better, more accurately, and able to dunk.

so if you were going for a championship team, who would you choose to have on your team?
    bunch of NBA players, or bunch of high school players?

the relation?
    yea, rogues might be able to kill people, and do 600+ dps (mind you i have yet to see this sustained dps as some claim), but the bottom line is...

all other classes outshine us. just like it would be better to pick the NBA player...its right now better to pick other callings than rogues.

yea they get the job done, but others do it better

Bard: healing/buffs outdone by cholor/archon
    Assassin/NB/BD: Dps is outdone by warriors easy
    MM/R: can be easily out dpsed by other classes.
    Last edited by Infamous22; 04-04-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

Telaran

What if the NBA player was a moron and the high school player was a very nice guy?

Unless you're a total **** rocket, you're not going to have trouble getting groups.

Also, they don't call traveling in the NBA. The NBA has become a glorified streetball league. It's embarrassing to watch a man making 100+ million dollars to play a game, carry himself with a gangster attitude and start a fight on the court. If you're getting paid a life changing amount of money to play a game that you considered fun as a child, you have nothing to fight about. It's disgusting.
    Last edited by Hefeweizen; 04-04-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Plane Walker

It's a pretty good analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hefeweizen View Post
    What if the NBA player was a moron and the high school player was a very nice guy?

Unless you're a total **** rocket, you're not going to have trouble getting groups.

Also, they don't call traveling in the NBA. The NBA has become a glorified streetball league. It's embarrassing to watch a man making 100+ million dollars to play a game, carry himself with a gangster attitude and start a fight on the court. If you're getting paid a life changing amount of money to play a game that you considered fun as a child, you have nothing to fight about. It's disgusting.
    lets not get technical now.
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous22 View Post
    lets not get technical now.
    I'm just venting, but if you really apply my point about the NBA, it points out the flaws in your analogy even further.

The mage that spends the entire raid calling everyone a scrub, while dying from something avoidable himself from time to time and blaming others for everything which in turn is bringing everyones attitude down, is that traveling gangbanging NBA player making bank to play a game, but still isn't happy.

That high school kid that plays to have fun, listens to advice, follows the rules of the game, and overall brings a pleasant attitude to the group, may be the rogue that you're refusing a spot because the mage pulls more dps.

Building a raid on the highest possible performance without any assurance, is not a smart way to build a raid, and in no way is going to guarantee your victory. That's my whole point. If you're seriously going to reroll or have a fit every single time the class you play isn't the top dog in every aspect, you're never going to have fun playing an MMO.

I'm just venting, but if you really apply my point about the NBA, it points out the flaws in your analogy even further.

The mage that spends the entire raid calling everyone a scrub, while dying from something avoidable himself from time to time and blaming others for everything which in turn is bringing everyones attitude down, is that traveling gangbanging NBA player making bank to play a game, but still isn't happy.

That high school kid that plays to have fun, listens to advice, follows the rules of the game, and overall brings a pleasant attitude to the group, may be the rogue that you're refusing a spot because the mage pulls more dps.

Building a raid on the highest possible performance without any assurance, is not a smart way to build a raid, and in no way is going to guarantee your victory. That's my whole point. If you're seriously going to reroll or have a fit every single time the class you play isn't the top dog in every aspect, you're never going to have fun playing an MMO.
    now ur generalizing.

just because someone is in the NBA doesnt mean they are all money hungry

and ur assuming that mage that pulls more DPS is automatically a ******.
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous22 View Post
    now ur generalizing.

just because someone is in the NBA doesnt mean they are all money hungry

and ur assuming that mage that pulls more DPS is automatically a ******.
    And you're a hypocrite. Your entire point was based on every single mage doing more dps than every single rogue, therefore a rogue will never get an invite to anything. I'd feel bad if I called you stupid at this point, because you're clearly just ignorant.

Shadowlander

Lebron James was better than most players in the NBA when he was in high school.

And you're a hypocrite. Your entire point was based on every single mage doing more dps than every single rogue, therefore a rogue will never get an invite to anything. I'd feel bad if I called you stupid at this point, because you're clearly just ignorant.
    and you're an idiot. never did i say "rogue will not get an invite to anything".

i stated that its better to bring a non rogue than a rogue. sure other contributing factors matter, but
    if you have person A and person B that is similar in skill/personality/w.e the else you wanna look at it.

other calling > Rogue.

as for king james, being good. that comparison is would stand if you point out a rogue in t5 vs mage in t1 (yes im aware t5 doesnt exist). he was talented from the get go.
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Side note - UConn beat Butler in one of the ugliest games I've seen in a very long time.
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

Quote Originally Posted by mercilous View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

Side note - UConn beat Butler in one of the ugliest games I've seen in a very long time.
    yes. yes they did
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

Soulwalker

Default heh

basketball sucks anyways....

Telaran

Don't sully my favorite sport with your QQing. Can you get groups as a rogue? Yes. Will you be turned down by elitists who will turn you down because your "class" sucks? Sure. Does that warrant constant whining by everyone and their mother crying about how their class underperforms to the point where the whole class forum is filled with QQ and tears? No. And most of all, does your class underperforming stop you from playing the game instead of crying on forums? No. Shut up, log on, and play the game. If it's not fun for you because your class "underperforms," then I suggest you quit and find another game. Seriously, why play a game you don't enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by dcens View Post
    Don't sully my favorite sport with your QQing. Can you get groups as a rogue? Yes. Will you be turned down by elitists who will turn you down because your "class" sucks? Sure. Does that warrant constant whining by everyone and their mother crying about how their class underperforms to the point where the whole class forum is filled with QQ and tears? No. And most of all, does your class underperforming stop you from playing the game instead of crying on forums? No. Shut up, log on, and play the game. If it's not fun for you because your class "underperforms," then I suggest you quit and find another game. Seriously, why play a game you don't enjoy?
    so in other words, your the type of guy that bends over and spreads their cheeks when injustices occur.
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

Rift Disciple

This is a great post/replys, thanks for the smiles! =)
    Play D&D, know your roots!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast