+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theorycrafting Sabo @ work (still to test)

Default Theorycrafting Sabo @ work (still to test)

As the Sab soul is a little....lacking compared to previously I have been trying to find a way to improve the much loved soul.

I have come up with:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...M0Eb0o.0VMcx0b

The rotation would be:

Fiery Spike, 5x Spike Charge, Flame Thrust, Spike Charge, Detonate

Fiery Spike, 5x Blast Charge, Flame Thrust, Detonate

Repeat.

The first Flame Thrust consumes the 5 combo points but not the 5 charges, so after using the finisher, apply 1 charge and it will detonate as if there were 5.

When I made the spec I assumed that charges would apply the Heat Retention buff but as I read the tooltip again it may only be of use after 5 Flame Thrusts. Hmm...

I am currently at work and not able to test this, sorry.

Really just putting this here so I can reference it when I get home and try it.

Soulwalker

Couple of things just looking and the spec and rotation ideas

your planning on using 1 point detonates, so charge booster and imp detonate seem to be a big waste.
    This frees up 6 points
    move 3 points into poison potency (charges get buffed by this)
    other 3 into unstable state.

also with the 5 points in Lingering flame it would be optimal if you didn't recast fiery spike unless absolutely needed

perhaps getting eventide+twilight force for 8 sec CD instead of unstable state would round out your rotation better
    Twilight force Spike Charge X4> Flame Thrust Spike Charge X1 > Detonate
    Twilight force Blast Charge X4 > Flame Thrust Blast X1 > detonate

Only thing is i'm not sure you have enough energy for all this
    as each rotation takes 30x6 + 40 + 20=240 energy, or 12 sec

if you replaced every other twilight force with a fiery spike and let your energy regen you'll get maximum effect.

If so you can drop the 2 points in eventide and put them in enhanced weapon enchantments or something else, unstable state would also work.

I may test this tonight with a couple different builds and tweeks, at melee and range

let me start by saying im not too happy with the build itself but assuming you are really looking to play with this KIND of setup and just want it tweaked, not completely scrapped and changed:

well just a few things to point out right off as i browse over this, using a 4 point finisher to keep up fiery spike would be much better first off all. the extra GCD time and energy used to put up a 5th combo point which won't be used anyway is worse than the gap between 4 and 5 point finishers. would be better to (spike, charge x4, finisher, charge x1, detonate etc.) even such, you'd be better off just leaving out the NB finisher, do a fiery spike instead and just have a normal 5 point detonate (fiery spike, charge x5, detonate, spike etc)

2nd, there's no reason for you to bother taking flame thrust at all. flame thrust and blazing strike are essentially the exact same thing except one has range with less damage, the other is melee with more damage. since you have hellfire blades and molten skin you're going to have to be in melee range anyway (since you dont have ranger/marks your character will automatically try to use melee for auto-attack instead of ranged therefor you will need to be in melee range to get any white damage, hellfire blades, or molten skin to proc. in that case... just use the melee finisher blazing strike that does more damage)

all in all, i think you'd be better off going for a more solid nightblade build and (assuming you really want sab) just going into sab far enough for get improved spike charge, pick up barbed trap while you're there since you'll be in melee anyway. then do something like

fiery spike, trap**, spike charge x5, detonate, fiery spike, primal strike x5, blazing strike, spike charge x5 etc

** drop traps whenever it works into rotation, i dont remember how long they last.
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

I can say that I've tried some thing simular to this, the reason it seemed to not do as good as I wanted was the Heat Retention comes from doing combo builders quickly. Unless your spamming an ability it like a quick strike or keen strike etc it doesn't benefit you as much as you would think. Your better off spamming your charges and detonating. Just my 2 pennies.

Ok did a little testing:

Heat Retention doesn't apply with Sab charges or NB's Flame Thrust (not sure about Blazing Strke) but it does apply with Detonate.

When Flame Thrust is used, it consumes the combo points and adds 1 combo point.

New Spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...A0M0yb.0VMcxcb

New Rotation:

Fiery Spike, 4x Spike Charge, Blazing Strike, Spike Charge, Detonate

4x Blast Charge, Blazing Strike, Blast Charge, Detonate

4x Spike Charge, Blazing Strike, Spike Charge, Detonate

4x Spike Charge, Blazing Strike, Spike Charge, Detonate

The three stacks of Fiery Spilke should now be kept up at all times with Blazing Strike.

Each Detonate blows 5 Charges.

Every 5th Detonate gets +30%dmg
    Last edited by Sphynkter; 04-05-2011 at 12:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread