+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bleed Suggestion

Soulwalker

Default Bleed Suggestion

Fix the bleeds so that when you apply one that is already active, it resets the total duration of the bleed, but not the total time it has been ticking. Meaning that if a bleed has a 3 second tick interval, and I let it tick for 2 and then I reapply it, it will only take 1 second for it to tick the next time around instead of 3. This way, they always tick every 3 seconds, and it doesn't skip your damage on an early reset. Simple fix.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Acreal View Post
    Fix the bleeds so that when you apply one that is already active, it resets the total duration of the bleed, but not the total time it has been ticking. Meaning that if a bleed has a 3 second tick interval, and I let it tick for 2 and then I reapply it, it will only take 1 second for it to tick the next time around instead of 3. This way, they always tick every 3 seconds, and it doesn't skip your damage on an early reset. Simple fix.
    How about the bleed stacks instead?

The main issue I have with my sin is that I am doing DoTs for 200-400 every few seconds (plus some weak auto attacks) and everyone else is hitting for 500 to 2,500 every 1.5 seconds...

Combined with luke warm CC, which is at the mercy of diminishing returns AND everyone else's talents that makes them even weaker e.g. reduced silence times, reduced stun duration, heals from crits, reduced damage during stun etc etc...
    Last edited by Pyrolytic; 04-04-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    "Awesome group seeks 4 more"

Rift Disciple

I would like to see a change on Impale as well. Reduce the duration of the bleed to 10 seconds and increase the damage per tick. It may still do weapon + 700, but now it does weapon + 700 over 10 instead of over 16.

Plane Touched

I did some duels with some cleric friends earlier.

They literally stood still for me to attack him. Suffice to say that I didn't get them below 70% on my spikes, before they were back up to 95%+

Bleeds should not only stack, they should ignore armour (do they? are you sure?) and they shoul dbe doing a lot more damage per tick than they do now IMHO.
    "Awesome group seeks 4 more"

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolytic View Post
    How about the bleed stacks instead?

The main issue I have with my sin is that I am doing DoTs for 200-400 every few seconds (plus some weak auto attacks) and everyone else is hitting for 500 to 2,500 every 1.5 seconds...

Combined with luke warm CC, which is at the mercy of diminishing returns AND everyone else's talents that makes them even weaker e.e. reduced silnece times, reduced stun duration, heals from crits, reduced damage during stun etc etc...
    Implementing something like that is tricky due to the high possibility of it coming out overpowered. Those classes that use more bleeds than others suddenly come out on top because they can stack so many up, or those characters that stack bleeds more quickly (Rangers, for example, with Quick Shot), get ahead because they can stack them up so fast.

A change that significant has a razor-thin line for being overpowered. Typically, changes like that are the things that entire specs are based on.

Prophet of Telara

The same bleed shouldn't stack with itself, but they should reduce the duration of all Assassin bleeds and make them tick for more damage. Damage over time just gets healed. We are lacking any kind of meaningful burst damage.

+ Reply to Thread