+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Tanks, Question

Default Rogue Tanks, Question

I rolled a warrior to be a tank, I never really played with a rogue tank but a few of my friends claim rogues make the best tanks if played well.

Only game I know where rogues make good tanks is FFXI.

Can a rogue tank T1-T2 and lower level dungeons effectively?

Shadowlander

You can level awesome as tank very well. I would recommend it, as i did a lot of tanking while leveling, and found plenty of situations that my special blend of teleporting worked out well.

T1s and T2s are another story. I wont rehash what better posts have been doing. Just read up on a few of the rogue tanking posts and see for yourself.

Zab
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    I rolled a warrior to be a tank, I never really played with a rogue tank but a few of my friends claim rogues make the best tanks if played well.

Only game I know where rogues make good tanks is FFXI.

Can a rogue tank T1-T2 and lower level dungeons effectively?
    There were not rogues in ffxi they were Ninja's. However they did make badass tanks. I was one of the best ninja's on kujata and riftstalker feels somewhat similar to ninja did in ffxi. To answer your question, yes rogues can tank perfectly fine in t1-t2 assuming you have a healer that knows there is going to be a chunk of burst dmg off the bat. Riftstalkers don't make the best tanks for the first few seconds while getting buffs up but after that we are perfectly capable of tanking anything assuming you dont drop any buffs during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    There were not rogues in ffxi they were Ninja's. However they did make badass tanks. I was one of the best ninja's on kujata and riftstalker feels somewhat similar to ninja did in ffxi. To answer your question, yes rogues can tank perfectly fine in t1-t2 assuming you have a healer that knows there is going to be a chunk of burst dmg off the bat. Riftstalkers don't make the best tanks for the first few seconds while getting buffs up but after that we are perfectly capable of tanking anything assuming you dont drop any buffs during the fight.
    Ninjas! yeah there you go, bah ninjas rogues same thing :P

Zab
    Champion

Ninja was so fun in ffxi as it was also a very viable meriting spec. I used to top dps in melee burn groups as a tank LOL, then again i did have damn close to best in slot gear up until i quit. Ninja was considerably more squishy in that game then rogue tanking is in rift. You got hit once without your shields up and you better hope someone taunts off you or the next blow surely was fatal. Not to mention getting hit made it damn near impossible to get your shields up

+ Reply to Thread