+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5% crit talents not stacking from RNG and SIN - Attention needed

Default 5% crit talents not stacking from RNG and SIN - Attention needed

This is what initial testing has shown me. The character stat sheet claims you gain a total 10% but this is not the case in some tests I've run.

I thought it was worth sharing. I was also wondering if this was replicated by anyone else?

I also think the 5% crit bonus from lethal poison does not stack with these as well, though I would need others to confirm this before making any final conclusions.

After finding this I would not be surprised if the 15% dex from SAB and BD also do not stack? This would likely be a little harder to test.

I'm using the Rift Junkies parser which I don't believe is as accurate as the ACT for this sort of testing.

Anyone else with similar or dissimilar findings?

It appears my crit % has dropped about 10% after the 1.1.1 patch. I wish I had a before screenshot. My gear has improved but my average crit% has dropped. (I just replaced a +21 crit ring with a +35 crit ring, for instance.)

Prior to 1.1.1 I was running around a 53% average crit (with talents, poison procs, etc.)

If these aren't going to stack anymore, I need to look at re-designing my build.

Its my feeling that they tried to nerf crit all around in unnoticed ways in the last patch.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Stealth nerfs are a great way to earn the respect of your community!

Prophet of Telara

Crit percents went down, likely because they removed +Physical Crit runes and replaced them with crap, avoiding to address that the reason we are stacking Physical Crit is because AP and other stats don't seem to do anything for us like they do other classes.

As it is, a Rogue can't hope to compete on DPS without receiving constant crits. Bad move on Trion's part. The philosophy seems to be "deal with it for a month or so while we decide whether or not we want to address your class".

With Mythic devs on board, I'm not very hopeful that Rogues will see any real "balancing" at any point in the future. Just think back to the DAoC stealth wars. That's what rogues did because they were too gimp to do anything else (by the time I left...admittedly they were over the top at release).
    Last edited by Calo; 04-04-2011 at 03:02 PM.

No one else thinks this is a significant stealth nerf or major bug?

Need more confirmations so that Trion takes a look at this.

My crit is the same before and after on my ranger/assassin.

They Stack. Seriously please stop reporting bugs that don't exist.

Go respec down to 0 pts. You should have 2% crit about. Spec ranger and assassin...auto attack a dummy for 15 minutes, come back...boom, proof.
    Satyr-knows Best!
    Satyrnos - 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Religion - XX Warrior - Shatterbone

they seem to stack fine for me, possible something wrong with your parser

Plane Touched

Note to everyone crying cuz they think trion hates rogues. Simple answer is they're working on it. But long answer is when in doubt cry the loudest on the forums with the most posts about the bug/thing you want fixed and chances are you will get it fixed faster than making 1 thread in the rogue section.

Soulwalker

I just loved how in beta they would keep us up to date on every thing, and now its down to this!
    Last edited by Savoifair; 04-05-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Shield of Telara

this is how we know the community is dumb... they have NEVER stacked... but now that people are figuring it out they cry it was nerfed rather then realizing they were just stupid all along...

They stack just fine. I don't even know why Jekyll03 cares, since he only rolls around with 51rng 15nb. It is evident they do stack in all of my parses.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    this is how we know the community is dumb... they have NEVER stacked... but now that people are figuring it out they cry it was nerfed rather then realizing they were just stupid all along...
    Except that they do stack, of course.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Plane Touched

The only time crit numbers did not match up for me was with testing Blast charge. It often ran 5-10% behind my actual crit rate over several 5/10 min tests. It sync'd up a few times. Not sure if other skills have such bad streaks.

I know rng+asn crit + nb blazing strike 10% crit work fine together.

+ Reply to Thread