+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman Rogue Question

Soulwalker

Default Marksman Rogue Question

I'm thinking about respecing from Ranger to Marksman rogue, but I was curious. Do the weapon enchantments from Assassin and Nightblade work with the bow too? Or are those only for melee attacks? I'm also only 31, so Im thinking Marksman/Ranger/ and either assassin or nightblade. Thoughts?

Shield of Telara

the only thing you get from putting ANY points in marks is lower DPS

Soulwalker

To respond to your question without the ******tery, yes weapon enchants apply to ranged weapons. There is a great nb/mm or nb/ranger build on here somewhere.

Soulwalker

Well I would like suggestions. I'm enjoying ranged quite a bit, so I'd like to stick with that. Anyone suggest any sorta builds or anything? Mind you Im still solo and leveling, so the pet is nice. Suggestions are welcome.

Rift Disciple

If you are enjoying Ranger I'd stick with it. Marksman, well it's not great atm.

Soulwalker

I am, but I need to resepc. Piercing shot, quick shot and crippeling shot is the most used, correct? is the blood raptor okay for tanking, or do I still need to use my piggy? What other souls do you all suggest? Marksman and assassin?
    Last edited by MidnightRequiem; 04-04-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Soulwalker

Bump. Still looking for a good ranger/marksman/assassin or at least a good ranged spec please!

Telaran

Current optimum range specs are either

51/15/0 Ranger/NB/Sin for bosses with aoes (top stop your pet getting 1shot)

Higher DPS comes from

33/18/15 Ranger/Marks/NB for bosses with minimal aoe and without a requirement to move much (soon as you move this spec dies due to requirement to relay pedestal)

31/20/15 Ranger/Sin/NB for bosses with minimal aoe and a requirement to maintaint movement

Rotation for all is pretty similar, keep cooldowns popped at all times, fiery strike @ 3 stacks all the time.

There has also been speculation about a ranger/sabo combination but I personnaly havent done any testing upon this idea.
    Marksmanship as the mainsoul is generally a very low DPS build overtime
    Last edited by Mikesglory; 04-04-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Soulwalker

Well Im only 31 at the moment and still leveling, so Ranger/Sin/NB ya think? Im kinda a newb to the game, so still learning heh. I like ranger, just wanna find a good level spec, and what kind of rotations and such.
    Last edited by MidnightRequiem; 04-04-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Telaran

Oh for leveling go bladedancer/sin, by far our most efficient leveling souls.

Marksman is awesome if u've go hands growing from the right place.

mm/nb/as - rox the box.

Plane Walker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....x0x0V.hVR0x0b
    This one is pretty fun to play with. Pet will die easily in higher level runs.

23MM/26NB/17SIN
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x0V0Vh.0VMcx0b
    This will do the best single target burst dps. Or at least that is what i have found. Focus on keeping fiery spike going.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-04-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Soulwalker

Really? I didn't get into blade dancer that much... I think I might try Ranger/sin/NB. seems like it'd do well. I guess I don't know bladedancer/sin rotations or anything much..

+ Reply to Thread