+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible ranged pvp spec need some input!

Default Possible ranged pvp spec need some input!

Ok i'll start by saying i havent tested this build other than dueling a tank guildy, just came up with it b4 i logged.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.E0toVzzudo.b

I read somewere that stacking 2 ranged specs causes one to cancel out the other. So i put together a rather odd build i think. Again i only dueled a warr couple of times, as tank and his pvp spec. Initaly i could kill him as tank if he didnt LoH LOL. Not that impressive i know BUT... i'm using MM spec n i can actualy dps him down enough to kill him in under 5 min. So i'm impressed enough there to actualy check it out. I dueled against his paragon pvp spec. Those fights were probly 50/50, but we were both very low on hp all fights, damn close.
    I'm at work so i cant realy test nething so i thoguth i'd drop in out here on the forums n maybee get some feedback n wathaveu. It seems to be a cooldown bassed spec, and i tryed NOT to spec into Melee in NB tree most my luck was when all my cd's were off, longest one being 2 min so not to bad for WF's. Nice mobility, speed buffs, break free, stealth, and its a ranged spec wich is nice. Also its got enough elemetal damge were i think that may help wit tanks. Any thoughts, tips, advice would be welcome.

Thanks!
    Last edited by IshmaelEmberstorm; 04-04-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Ranged + NB is pretty standard (how else would MM and Rangers compete??).

1. MM + Fell Blades + Fan Out W/ Collateral Damage = Big team help IMO. Without CD you are doing yourself(team) a big disservice. If you are looking for a range + fell/single target killer, there is a thread here with a solid build using ranger. MM is not going to give you the single target punch that you are looking for(at least not right now).

2. The rest is personal preference. Not a fan of Rapid Extraction because I am not a fan of most of the skills that it reduces cd for. Not a big fan of Killer Instinct because I am hardly ever using dead-e shot and Emp shot. I know people fall in love with Dead-e shots damage, but honestly I never stand still long enough to use it in pvp. Instants mixed with speed are what makes the MM viable for me. I mean lets face it, our dmg is not gonna impress anyone. I would rather have master archer to help increase damage. I would also take the two points out of Inf. Still get the CC break.

Everything else is pretty standard. Although I would have to question why no Sharpshooter?? J/K

Quote Originally Posted by AkulaX View Post
    Ranged + NB is pretty standard (how else would MM and Rangers compete??).

1. MM + Fell Blades + Fan Out W/ Collateral Damage = Big team help IMO. Without CD you are doing yourself(team) a big disservice. If you are looking for a range + fell/single target killer, there is a thread here with a solid build using ranger. MM is not going to give you the single target punch that you are looking for(at least not right now).

2. The rest is personal preference. Not a fan of Rapid Extraction because I am not a fan of most of the skills that it reduces cd for. Not a big fan of Killer Instinct because I am hardly ever using dead-e shot and Emp shot. I know people fall in love with Dead-e shots damage, but honestly I never stand still long enough to use it in pvp. Instants mixed with speed are what makes the MM viable for me. I mean lets face it, our dmg is not gonna impress anyone. I would rather have master archer to help increase damage. I would also take the two points out of Inf. Still get the CC break.
    Everything else is pretty standard. Although I would have to question why no Sharpshooter?? J/K
    ok good i got answers i for your qeustions. I'm not aoeing in WF's unless i'm tryni to stop a cap, not lookin for big nombers on spread sheet in WF. Damage output isnt always wat ya want, i look for kills, kb, n my deaths. those are the stats i check in WF. And as far as MM over Ranger.... to hell wit a pet in pvp... i dont wana rely on the damn thing, that simple. MM ofers me all the mobility in the world, and in a WF Mobility=not dieing. no sharpshooter cant aford the pts need 32 in NB for the healing debuff. And by strange i mean i went 32 pts into a melee build that i dont intend to melee with... and ya i'm sure i need to realocate my pts a bit. y i'm loookin for insight
    Last edited by IshmaelEmberstorm; 04-04-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelEmberstorm View Post
    ok good i got answers i for your qeustions. I'm not aoeing in WF's unless i'm tryni to stop a cap, not lookin for big nombers on spread sheet in WF.
    You are missing the point of the power to turn the tide of a WF using this combo. It is not about AOE'ing to see some big numbers at the end in a loss, it is about spreading the Fell Blades debuff around.

But if you are looking for kills/kbs, the ranger/nb spec is the way to go, the MM will disappoint you. If you are looking for the unseen job that nobody will give you any credit for, the aoe + FB's can mean a team win.

I dont like the pet either. When I used the build that I mentioned it felt like I was walking in lead shoes....didnt like it. However it seems to be the build that you are looking for. It works as intended, single target kill machine.
    Last edited by AkulaX; 04-04-2011 at 01:38 PM.

test em both out i supose, aoe fellades does seem like it would be effectvie, not to mention the healin debuff on aoe. Give em a shot i will

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelEmberstorm View Post
    Ok i'll start by saying i havent tested this build other than dueling a tank guildy, just came up with it b4 i logged.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.E0toVzzudo.b

I read somewere that stacking 2 ranged specs causes one to cancel out the other. So i put together a rather odd build i think. Again i only dueled a warr couple of times, as tank and his pvp spec. Initaly i could kill him as tank if he didnt LoH LOL. Not that impressive i know BUT... i'm using MM spec n i can actualy dps him down enough to kill him in under 5 min. So i'm impressed enough there to actualy check it out. I dueled against his paragon pvp spec. Those fights were probly 50/50, but we were both very low on hp all fights, damn close.
    I'm at work so i cant realy test nething so i thoguth i'd drop in out here on the forums n maybee get some feedback n wathaveu. It seems to be a cooldown bassed spec, and i tryed NOT to spec into Melee in NB tree most my luck was when all my cd's were off, longest one being 2 min so not to bad for WF's. Nice mobility, speed buffs, break free, stealth, and its a ranged spec wich is nice. Also its got enough elemetal damge were i think that may help wit tanks. Any thoughts, tips, advice would be welcome.

Thanks!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...best-pvp-spec.

Read this please

Soulwalker

mm(51)/sab(5)/infiltrator(7)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MfTb.EGtRqdAudR.V.xb

I've been having fun with this build. Mobility with MM, getaway rocks, break free works quite a bit just depends on if you get cc'd over and over again since there isn't immunity but using break free then getaway gets you that immunity, then throw down adhesive bomb from the sab and your usually free and clear.

I've also actually been able to get some decent crits considering it's a rogue (most likely against non pvp geared opponents) due to the infiltrator points. Get a ton of kills/damage since you can attack a butt load of people at once just to get in on other peoples kills . Unfortunately your kind of dependent on healers but since you have the speed you can usually get away , hide and drink.

I prefer playing sin just because stealth is so much fun but until a few of the bugs get fixed this is more viable for me, and I survive much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by artimusp View Post
    mm(51)/sab(5)/infiltrator(7)
    Now that is unusual. Can you tell me your thinking behind going 51 in MM?

Shadowlander

I've been pretty much the exact same build as you for quite some time now. Scourge of Darkness + Strafe is amazing damage on a relatively short cooldown. Follow up with Bull's Eye - > Deadeye and you can kill pretty much anything that isn't being chain healed. Make sure to keep barbed shot up at all times, and only use 1 CP abilities to keep your Heat Retention stacks 1:1 with your finisher.

Close Quarters Combat isn't really need with this build, you never want to be in melee more than a split second and if you play correctly, you'll never be in melee for more than a second or two. Master Archer > Penetrating Shots. Ebon Fury is a great DPS cooldown but limits you to a 20 yard range. Improved Swift Shot is a noticeable mobility increase over not having it. Use SoD whenever it's up.

Despite popular rhetoric, always try to reenter stealth as often as possible. Smother on healers or Ebon Terror if you're trying to peel from your healer makes all the difference.

I tried Ranger/NB and trust me, the mobility is sorely lacking. Good melee will sit on you outside your 8 seconds of stun/snare immunity and good ranged will just out damage you.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AkulaX View Post
    Now that is unusual. Can you tell me your thinking behind going 51 in MM?
    Lol. seriously right

no real reason other than wanting to try it. I wanted to try the sniper's pedestal lol, it works surprisingly nice for group pvp. Also I was sick of my sin build dieing all the time after slip away failed. I was getting over 100k damage all said and done (but not so many killing blows ha, but 8-10). With all the speed buffs it gives you I can just run away and be an annoyance. I've got to say it's been fun to play.
    Last edited by artimusp; 04-04-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unretrofied View Post
    I've been pretty much the exact same build as you for quite some time now. Scourge of Darkness + Strafe is amazing damage on a relatively short cooldown. Follow up with Bull's Eye - > Deadeye and you can kill pretty much anything that isn't being chain healed. Make sure to keep barbed shot up at all times, and only use 1 CP abilities to keep your Heat Retention stacks 1:1 with your finisher.

Close Quarters Combat isn't really need with this build, you never want to be in melee more than a split second and if you play correctly, you'll never be in melee for more than a second or two. Master Archer > Penetrating Shots. Ebon Fury is a great DPS cooldown but limits you to a 20 yard range. Improved Swift Shot is a noticeable mobility increase over not having it. Use SoD whenever it's up.

Despite popular rhetoric, always try to reenter stealth as often as possible. Smother on healers or Ebon Terror if you're trying to peel from your healer makes all the difference.

I tried Ranger/NB and trust me, the mobility is sorely lacking. Good melee will sit on you outside your 8 seconds of stun/snare immunity and good ranged will just out damage you.
    Awsome thanks for helpfull info.

+ Reply to Thread