+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker Runes and Stats

Lightbulb Riftstalker Runes and Stats

SO......Just hit 50 last night. Haven't done any experts yet, just revamping gear so i dont get roflpwned.
    I know how to tank very very well and always get complimented on it. So i am not here about specs or L2P or anything. I have studied that immensely and have my spec and know my rotation.

What I want to know is what stats to aim for for tanking T1, T2, and raids.

I know 50 toughness for T1 and 100 for T2...so I read anyways. But what about hit or dodge or parry or anything else.

also

What runes should i use, and where should i buy them. Like does Arcane hand have an OP head chant and Icewatch have an OP leg chant (just examples)

I know about the stillmoor food +10 end.
    If all of this has been posted elsewhere could you please post links. I may have overlooked it all.

right now i am using...
    stam to chest and boots
    dext to shoulders
    dext+end to pants
    strength to helm
    AP to weapons
    crit to gloves

then my Collectors edition rune to weapons and +10 end food

Also

any major items i want to try and get asap?
    trinket or ring or weapon? something?
    Heard something about a trinket from first boss in AP...

and what about essences?
    I am using ones that have dropped for me.
    Sigil of five
    GREATER
    +55 endurance proc for 15 seconds
    AP proc
    LESSER
    3x End + death/fire/water resist
    dex/str/death

any input?

Any help is appreciated. I can port around everywhere and talk to all the vendors myself but if someone knows that would be great.
    Last edited by Fakemessiah; 04-04-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Tanks...You're Welcome!!!

Fakemessiah 50 Guardian Male High Elf Rogue Tank/Guitar of Destruction - Dec 17, 2010 - Present
    Fakemessiah 85 Horde Female Goblin Warrior Single Tgt Prot/AOE Prot - Nov 24, 2004 - Apr 8, 2011
    Fakemessiah Lord Of The Rings Online - Retired
    Ehgriez Everquest Warrior Tank - Retired
    Ehgriez RuneScape - Retired
    Fakemessiah Ultima Online - Retired

I would suggest filling a sigil of the five with as many endurance essences as possible to start. Also, try to do an air raid rift for the on proc aoe threat essence.

He who conquers the left side rules the world

yeah that sounds way nicer than my ap proc, but i had it on me and didnt have a filler.

Is that a drop or is it the air rep guys one?

Fakemessiah 50 Guardian Male High Elf Rogue Tank/Guitar of Destruction - Dec 17, 2010 - Present
    Fakemessiah 85 Horde Female Goblin Warrior Single Tgt Prot/AOE Prot - Nov 24, 2004 - Apr 8, 2011

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

I use the +end proc from an Expert Air raid (+68), but used a +55(ish?) until then. Along with it, I just used 5 lessers (you can stack a lesser in the greater slot). So it's the Rigid Stance from... Iron Pine, I think. +7 str, +8 end, +8 dodgex5 for +35 str, +40 end, +40 dodge, and the greater end proc.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like any other lesser I can find can really replace those, at least not ones easily obtainable. Maybe with the blues from rifts being BOE again some will pop up. Something like 10str/10dex/10 end or higher, or something.

Countess in FC drops a nice tank ring, called Trigger finger. First boss in AP drops the T2 version, I don't recall the Trigger finger stats off the top of my head, but the AP boss stats are +10 str +10 dex +18 end and some hit. Until you can get access to these, I used the Order of Mathos rep ones I blieve, something like 9str/9dex/13 end and hit.

The Matron in FC Drops a nice trinket that procs damage and extra threat, but I've not seen it. I have a trinket from Rictus in RD that has a chane to proc a 495 heal on a melee ability use that's sufficed for now.

As for Runes, I use:

Helm: Iron Pine Enchant (11 dex / 9 end), the Scarwood one isn't bad until then.
    Shoulders: +9 end/+9 dodge
    Chest: +8 end (is there a higher for this? I haven't seen it), if you need toughness slot toughness here until it can be replaced by end for the content you're running.
    Gloves: +15 Crit, but I'm still wondering if the Parry is worth it, however I haven't seen a better than +8 to parry?
    Legs: +9 end/+9 dodge, but I'm close to the Dragonslayer enchant (+12 dex/+9 end).
    Feet: Endurance
    Weapons: +10 dex to all.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 04-04-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    As for Runes, I use:

Helm: Iron Pine Enchant (11 dex / 9 end), the Scarwood one isn't bad until then.
    Shoulders: +9 end/+9 dodge
    Chest: +8 end (is there a higher for this? I haven't seen it), if you need toughness slot toughness here until it can be replaced by end for the content you're running.
    Gloves: +15 Crit, but I'm still wondering if the Parry is worth it, however I haven't seen a better than +8 to parry?
    Legs: +9 end/+9 dodge, but I'm close to the Dragonslayer enchant (+12 dex/+9 end).
    Feet: Endurance
    Weapons: +10 dex to all.
    There are belt enchants as well from Dragonslayer rep. I believe.

Edit: And the best essence is http://rift.zam.com/en/item/AD98B76D...leeting-Curses but I'm assuming they are random Rift drops, and BoP, so Gl getting 4-5 of them.
    Last edited by PessimiStick; 04-04-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Fakemessiah View Post
    yeah that sounds way nicer than my ap proc, but i had it on me and didnt have a filler.

Is that a drop or is it the air rep guys one?
    It's a drop. There's one that procs off any physical attack out of expert water rifts as well. They seem to proc pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post

Edit: And the best essence is http://rift.zam.com/en/item/AD98B76D...leeting-Curses but I'm assuming they are random Rift drops, and BoP, so Gl getting 4-5 of them.
    Ah, right forgot belt. I use the +8 end from Runeguard right now.

Order of Mathos has the top tier one. Dragonslayer has the top leg enchant (arcane/dragonslayer).

Unless that's from an expert Rift, the Essence should be BOE now. They changed them back to BOE with 1.1
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 04-04-2011 at 12:28 PM.

We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Dragonslayer leg rune can be foregone IMO, it's not that great for the rep you need. There's an AP/18hit rune (don't remember how much AP it is) you can use on legs as well as a 9end/9dodge, both crafted.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    Unless that's from an expert Rift, the Essence should be BOE now. They changed them back to BOE with 1.1
    Could be, I've never actually seen one.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

I'm at work so I can't check the name, but there is a +15 toughness rune (enchant) you can get for your chest. I got the recipe out of Ex-IT on Saturday night. Handy, since you can only get about 38 toughness on gear prior to T1, so if you can get the rune (check the AH!) you can make the minimum toughness requirement for T1 tanking.
    Dora - 50 Eth Rogue
    Gartan - 50 Bahmi Cleric
    Dog - 23 Eth Warrior
    Shadefallen(US)

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post

That item is very far from the best essence. For the best tanking essences run as many raid rifts as you can. All of them can drop great dex based tanking essences with 18-20 endurance. Also, with the sourcestones from the raid rifts you can buy great tanking essences sold from Tue rift merchants in sanctum/meridian.

He who conquers the left side rules the world

thank you all for the help
    Last edited by Fakemessiah; 04-04-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Dragonslayer leg rune can be foregone IMO, it's not that great for the rep you need. There's an AP/18hit rune (don't remember how much AP it is) you can use on legs as well as a 9end/9dodge, both crafted.
    I currently use the 9end/9dodge (as stated previously), but I'm working on glorified regardless, the 12dex/9end will come in handy not only for the tank set, but for DPS as well. Hit isn't an issue right now, but if it is I'll worry about when I get there. We're still just running T2's atm and haven't gotten the numbers to do the Raid content, yet.

I lucked out and did Icewatch before they nerfed the Rep gain on dailies, so I'm glorified with Icewatch and Dragonslayer shortly (19k to go or so), and then I'll be doing the Mathos dailys. I don't have it in me to do more than one set a day, though.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 04-04-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protomunk View Post
    That item is very far from the best essence. For the best tanking essences run as many raid rifts as you can. All of them can drop great dex based tanking essences with 18-20 endurance. Also, with the sourcestones from the raid rifts you can buy great tanking essences sold from Tue rift merchants in sanctum/meridian.
    "Run as many Raid Rifts as you can" requires you to be able to run as many as you can, and for those of us who missed the souls and plaques boat (1 soul per boss, 15 plaques per dungeon completion) we're going to be a bit behind the curve.

+ Reply to Thread