+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best AOE spec for rogue?

McD
    Soulwalker

Default Best AOE spec for rogue?

So here is my 26-Sab/18-NB/22-SIN build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VhxMh.0VMcxcbM

I duo quests with my friend (3 heal soul cleric) and he can keep me alive with 10 guys on me. I do not want to reduce threat, as well as i do not need any survivability.

This is build to do maximum AOE DPS so we can quest to quest to 50 killing 10 guys at a time with 0 downtime in between.

My current spec i went with more into sab for bombs/ carpet bomb etc.. found that wasn't doing what shrapnel was without all the added tree points from sin.

with that build we still can kill 10 guys at a time with no downtime, i just want to maximize my dps. i feel spam shrap with detonate will provide best threat and dps.

Can any1 think of a better AOE buld for rogue?

also how is booster charge's 15% dmg since sin is 22 points into soul?

Soulwalker

shrapnels the best way to go for aoe until you get booby trap... you can drop some of your nb to get 32 in sab for booby trap and it should boost your dps/threat to take em out quicker.

McD
    Soulwalker

Does booby trap ignite instantly? We litterally just keep a stream of 10 guys on us as i run and use range to pull more, i figured all the damage enhancements with the poison and from NB will make Shrap dmg just that effective and fast, plus will allow me to have better single target DPS as well.

Is the 15% from charge booster (since sin is 22) make a big difference?

Soulwalker

boobytrap does ignite instantly... you can spam it... its def the fastest way to take down mobs if you have great heals on you. shrapnel is good for single or double target... but if you're looking for efficiency and have good heals spamming booby trap is gonna get you there quickest.

Soulwalker

make sure you get the trapper tho

McD
    Soulwalker

well this is what i came up with on a 32 point build for my situation u think this

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....V0xM.0VMcxcbM

will be more effective then

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VhxMh.0VMcxcbM

For overall dps?

Master trapper/booby trap is awesome, especially once mobs get low enough for hp that you can't be guaranteed a good detonate of shrapnels.

Shrapnel + dot talent and trap spam run about the same, sometimes with shrapnel pulling ahead for me because traps don't seem to proc much of anything but charges and detonate do.

Either way you're looking at 900-2.5k+ depending on how many targets you're brought and how lucky you are with crits.
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

McD
    Soulwalker

Well then ill probably lean toward my first build because there would be more micro managing, as spamming traps will get quite boring... but wouldn't my 1st build be more effective for bosses and be somewhat just as effective for AOE?

McD
    Soulwalker

does shrapnel have a chance to crit on each guy it hits from 1 charge? if so, then the 1st option has to be better....

McD
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    does shrapnel have a chance to crit on each guy it hits from 1 charge? if so, then the 1st option has to be better....
    I should say detonate not charge*

+ Reply to Thread