+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Goests open world gank build(NB32/Assassin26/Ranger8)

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Ghoest9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default Goests open world gank build(NB32/Assassin26/Ranger8)

    This isnt an "I win" button build. And Im looking for suggestions to improve it.
    But so far its working fairly well - much better than my my old assassin build did.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...c.0AMfx0bod.Vh
    Weapon enchantments: Lethal Poison and Fell Blades

    The basic attack sequence Im using is.

    Expose Weakness>Paralyzing Strike>
    Dusk Strike>Scourge of Darkness>Foul Play>
    Ebon Fury>Dusk Strike>Dusk Strike>Twilight Force>Final Blow
    Dusk Strike>Dusk Strike>Twilight Force>Final Blow

    If it goes bad you can pop Twilight Shelter or use Dark Containment.

    Generally By the time you get to the first Final Blow your have done a great deal of damage.
    Last edited by Ghoest9; 04-04-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

    Goest on Sunrest

    I kill red people.

  2. #2
    Ascendant ShalarLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
    This isnt an "I win" button build. And Im looking for suggestions to improve it.
    But so far its working fairly well - much better than my my old assassin build did.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...c.0AMfx0bod.Vh
    Weapon enchantments: Lethal Poison and Fell Blades

    The basic attack sequence Im using is.

    Expose Weakness>Paralyzing Strike>
    Dusk Strike>Scourge of Darkness>Foul Play>
    Ebon Fury>Dusk Strike>Dusk Strike>Twilight Force>Final Blow
    Dusk Strike>Dusk Strike>Twilight Force>Final Blow

    If it goes bad you can pop Twilight Shelter or use Dark Containment.

    Generally By the time you get to the first Final Blow your have done a great deal of damage.
    Perhaps drop the ranger for sabo, so you can load a sapped target up with charges, opener, debuffs, SoD finisher, ebon fury, CP's (dusk strikex3), damage finisher (final blow or blazing strike), CP's (dusk strike) detonate.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Finkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    267

    Default

    I still run with 41 Sin/14 BD/12 NB ish. It does enough damage for me to still take people down. Your spec might let me take down a slightly higher percentage of people, but my spec all but guarantees that if things go wrong, I can get away alive. I prefer the kill to death ratio to be higher than just the number of kills.


    Then again...my #1 hate in MMOs has always been dying. I hate dying. At any time. It angers me.

    I think I will try your spec this weekend just to see how big of a damage increase I get on people, though.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Avarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    185

    Default

    A proper gank build needs to have Slip Away in my opinion, either to get out of a failed attempt, or to re-open on the target.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Ghoest9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Slip away is nice but I think you give up too much for it. Unless they improve assassin damage Ill skip it.

    Id rather have a significantly better chance of making the kill than a significantly better chance of getting away - but thats me.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

    Goest on Sunrest

    I kill red people.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Finkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Pre 1.1 (haven't tested it since) Slip Away was in my rotation on Champions. I found that they would usually 2-3 shot me. My rotation for them was:

    expose-->jagged-->Side steps-->puncture-->impale-->slip away
    Paralyzing-->SS-->SS-->SS->FB

    This was usually enough to drop them. If not they were damn near dead and another SS or two with a FB would end it.

    I also used this on some healers as well. I'd say Slip away was 50% offensive tool and 50% get away depending on the situation.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    any "rotation" that has not jagged strike as the opener if you have access to it is just plain wrong, especially considering you have foul play to stun anyway. Also, i don't like the points in ranged in that build, if you skipped them and went with at least 32 sin you'd get impale and slip away, which are simply huge. You pretty much get out of those ranger points only the crit chance, given the AP buff is negligible (imho), and that you already have a ranged snare and a ranged finisher in the NB tree. The loss of the dmg reduction is compensated by the immunity slip away grants. If you really want a spammable non dot ranged attack, you can just go with a 0 pointer, and perhaps marksmen could be better since the speed buff even if small can be useful.
    Last edited by PaZZo; 04-04-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Whitefall - Guardian
    Pazzoo - Rogue [Best Friends]

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Here is a link to the build that i use for open world pvp,

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...os.0AMftobodbo

    The down side of this build....0 survivability talents, it's either you control the enemy and get the kill quick, or you run to fight another day or die trying(which i have not experienced yet.)

    The reason why i like this build is because of the control it has, Paralyzing Strike, Foul Play, Smother, Ebon Fury, Slip Away, Dusk til Dawn(i laugh when it seems that i start to run away from the big bad warrior then turn to root him and just watch him turn into a gravestone.)

    i open with Expose, paralyzing strike, 2x backstab, scourge of darkness(this is where the stun from PS falls off), Foul Play, then twighlight force, Dusk Strike, 2x primal strike(if in melee, firey spike if ranged for some reason,) Blazing Strike they are almost always dead by this point.

    You can pop Ebon Fury after the Dusk Strike and replace the 2x primal strike with another dusk strike.

    If it is a cleric after Foul Play, i use Slip Away, then Open with Smother and continue

    I use Hellfire Blades and Fel Blades(if cleric) or Hellfire Blades and Leathal Poison(for any other calling.)

    Any questions or comments are welcome.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Ghoest9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaZZo View Post
    any "rotation" that has not jagged strike as the opener if you have access to it is just plain wrong, especially considering you have foul play to stun anyway. Also, i don't like the points in ranged in that build, if you skipped them and went with at least 32 sin you'd get impale and slip away, which are simply huge. You pretty much get out of those ranger points only the crit chance, given the AP buff is negligible (imho), and that you already have a ranged snare and a ranged finisher in the NB tree. The loss of the dmg reduction is compensated by the immunity slip away grants. If you really want a spammable non dot ranged attack, you can just go with a 0 pointer, and perhaps marksmen could be better since the speed buff even if small can be useful.
    1 You cant take points out of NB and put into assassin or you lose fel blade. Thats not a negotiable for me. So those extra 2 points for the ranged snare are are basically a dum that offer situational usefulness.

    2 You could use Jagged with this build, I prefer starting with a stun then moving to the second stun as it wears off. But I see the value of both choices. It really depends on what you think a particular target will do.


    Over all though your saying you prefer an Assassin build. Thats fine but its not really a criticism of this build - its a totally different thing.
    This build is about big damage, stun and healing debuff.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

    Goest on Sunrest

    I kill red people.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Ghoest9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroalmighty View Post
    Here is a link to the build that i use for open world pvp,

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...os.0AMftobodbo

    The down side of this build....0 survivability talents, it's either you control the enemy and get the kill quick, or you run to fight another day or die trying(which i have not experienced yet.)

    The reason why i like this build is because of the control it has, Paralyzing Strike, Foul Play, Smother, Ebon Fury, Slip Away, Dusk til Dawn(i laugh when it seems that i start to run away from the big bad warrior then turn to root him and just watch him turn into a gravestone.)

    i open with Expose, paralyzing strike, 2x backstab, scourge of darkness(this is where the stun from PS falls off), Foul Play, then twighlight force, Dusk Strike, 2x primal strike(if in melee, firey spike if ranged for some reason,) Blazing Strike they are almost always dead by this point.

    You can pop Ebon Fury after the Dusk Strike and replace the 2x primal strike with another dusk strike.

    If it is a cleric after Foul Play, i use Slip Away, then Open with Smother and continue

    I use Hellfire Blades and Fel Blades(if cleric) or Hellfire Blades and Leathal Poison(for any other calling.)

    Any questions or comments are welcome.
    I like that. Ill try it out this week and see which I like best.
    Last edited by Ghoest9; 04-04-2011 at 10:41 PM.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

    Goest on Sunrest

    I kill red people.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts