+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low level riftstalker question

Telaran

Default Low level riftstalker question

Hi

I'm wondering what's a good addition to riftstalker, if you want to to tank the first instance.

I'm thinking about either Bard 6 (for 10% health, armor anthem and endurance fanfare) or Bladedancer 8 (5% dodge, false blade finisher)

I know that both is good, but i can't have both, not till i'm alot higher anyway.

Was thinking about something like this:
    with Bard: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0McpV.x0z.xIu0zoz
    With BD: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_pV..xIu0zoz.x0d

Telaran

I have really enjoyed BD. There are some great synergies, especially with False Blade and Twin Strike (a cleave for CP building when AoE tanking).

You also get the 6s 50% dodge buff, and a good reactive CP builder that isn't on GCD.

I'd go 8 in Bard for the +HP and -Hit/Crit chance. Once you've got your 8-9 in Bard (if you're going to take the Anthem) move to BD.

You'll still gain the absolute most survivability out of the Riftstalker tree itself, so don't skimp there for cross-points.

You also get the 6s 50% dodge buff,
    You'll get Side Steps just from having the Soul up. Just in the event it wasn't obvious to the OP.

Choice comes down to 10% Dodge (5% static) or 10% HP and the Crit/Hit chance reduction. In Bard, though, you also get a nice Endurance buff from Fanfare of Vigor, and a somewhat useful (if not overwritten) Motif of Focus for the group.
    Last edited by Stigas; 04-04-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You'll still gain the absolute most survivability out of the Riftstalker tree itself, so don't skimp there for cross-points.
    ^^ And definitely that.

Telaran

I prefer BD too!
    But people usually prefer Bard.

Telaran

Yes, I'll definitely have Side Steps no matter what.
    It's basicly the question, do i get the 5% passive + 5% false blade dodge, or the stuff from bard first (eventually I'll have both I figure)

Bard has the "disadvantage" that most of its stuff become obsolete if you have a full-time bard in the group and just leaves you with 10% more HP (which is still great).

I need 18 points in RS to get the guardian stance, means i'd need level 20 at least to get 8 in BD. So maybe I go with bard first.

Default Your Anthem of Glory + Their Anthem of Choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaince View Post
    Bard has the "disadvantage" that most of its stuff become obsolete if you have a full-time bard in the group and just leaves you with 10% more HP (which is still great).

I need 18 points in RS to get the guardian stance, means i'd need level 20 at least to get 8 in BD. So maybe I go with bard first.
    Correct. Top off RS, then Bard, then BD.

The full time Bard (and the group!) will be pleased you can keep Anthem of Glory (+AV) on the group while he plays Run Speed or Resists (Lantern Hook).

Plus your END fanfare + their STR/DEX - or their INT/WIS depending on what the cleric wants...
    Last edited by Cheezer; 04-04-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: +LH note

For the first few instances, it really doesn't matter, as long as you're doing your points in Rift Stalker.

Any tank build will do just fine.

I would highly suggest rolling with the 51RS/9Bard/7BD while leveling to about 40ish. Will keep your HP stacked as high as you can and still give you the 50% dodge CD.

At 40 I swapped over to my endgame spec to adjust to it and learned it is WAY nicer. Its 5% dodge gain with 5% hp loss. but at that point in time my gear was good enough to cover the HP loss. Plus you get an AP booster for added threat and 4% reduced damage taken...all damage not just physical. it is a 51 RS/8 BD/7 RNG spec.

I have never had threat issues or damage intake issues with either spec. but after doing my RS/BD/RNG spec i must say i like that one better.
    Tanks...You're Welcome!!!

Fakemessiah 50 Guardian Male High Elf Rogue Tank/Guitar of Destruction - Dec 17, 2010 - Present
    Fakemessiah 85 Horde Female Goblin Warrior Single Tgt Prot/AOE Prot - Nov 24, 2004 - Apr 8, 2011
    Fakemessiah Lord Of The Rings Online - Retired
    Ehgriez Everquest Warrior Tank - Retired
    Ehgriez RuneScape - Retired
    Fakemessiah Ultima Online - Retired

+ Reply to Thread