+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealth cooldown

Telaran

Default Stealth cooldown

Since stealth can be used only out of combat why it have 10 sec cooldown ?
    Its annoyint to wait after each kill to can use it again as assasing its core ability so its a bit silly.

If possible make it 5 sec atleast

regards

I agree, reducing the CD on stealth to 5 seconds would be awesome. Just tie it into the Improved Stealth talent under the Assassin soul.

Plane Touched

Default Lower cooldown would be nice

While I do agree that it should have a lower cooldown, I am an assassin and I know that everyone who doesnt play an assassin will start posting on how that would make OP.

I would settle for a lower cooldown (3-5s) when out of combat. This is a big concern for me when im out soloing things and the enemy gets 1 hit on me, and they ALWAYS use a dot. Now, just out of habbit, I always restealth after battle, which instantly drops since I have a dot on that now only has 2 seconds left but I still have to wait my full cooldown to reuse. It gets annoying that to solo effectively I need to stealth, and waiting that extra cooldown makes a big difference when killing hundreds of creatures a day. Yes, I can kill without stealth, but to do so effectively (faster / needing less heals / safety) stealth plays a big part.

I propose - Out of combat, stealth timer reduced by 1/2 or 2/3. Though I am sure this would be a HUGE pain in the *** for the devs to add even if they wanted to.

Rift Chaser

It is so that you have some risk if you go out of stealth to pick up a quest item or artifact.

Telaran

ur point is wrong its OUT OF COMBAT only so if something attack while lets say u pick quest item u wont be able to use so the risk is still there

the only use of the long cd is to annoy stealth users nothing more nothing less

Plane Touched

+1

It seems like I'm ALWAYS waiting for the 10 sec cool down.

10 seconds is much too long.
    "Awesome group seeks 4 more"

Plane Touched

I should rephrase my original post:

The initial cooldown doesn't bother me so much. By the time I solo something, I generally only have 2-3 seconds before the cooldown is over, if any time at all. My problem with the cooldown is when stealth gets dropped by dots and then I have to wait a full cooldown to use it again. Sure, its my fault for using stealth with a dot on, but I use stealth after combat (or queue it up at least) out of habbit, and its more of an annoyance that I have to wait the full cooldown. Personally dont see why dots drop stealth if your out of combat, anyway. Anyway, these are all just personal opinions and I would 'like' to see the cooldown reduced for these types of scenarios, but it doesnt 'need' to be.

daoc had best stealth system, trion should copy it.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Agreed
    10 /char

I think both NB and Sin should have max 5 sec CD. Especially annoying when you restealth after a fight and that DoT has it's last tick to knock it off immediately. I mind less waiting 2-3 seconds after fast kills, but an additional 10 sec because of DoT is just frustrating.

Shadowlander

I propose that if nothing else, make the cooldown be 5 seconds if no combat was initiated. IE: I drop stealth to grab a wood log off the ground and didn't engage in any combat at all; I would be allowed to stealth again in 5 seconds vs had I attacked something

Sure, I wouldn't object to having an always-5-second-cooldown, even after combat, but I can see why we shouldn't be allowed to escape THAT fast if we ganked something or someone. I just think the combat-less restriction would add a welcome QoL element which wouldn't inbalance anything

Shadowlander

This is how wow did it. You can probably expect it to be the standard for that reason alone, but personally, im with ya. The only thing that would threaten to upset the balance gods might be that assassin has always been a class that is beast just as it emerges from stealth. If you had no cooldown on stealth, then maybe the damage would be so high, that bursting something down in 3 hits after emerging from stealth, then on to the next thing in a flash with no cooldown might make the assassins ability to rapidly deal death a favorite for leveling.

Personally I think assassin is one of the best specs in the game, and any improvements that could be made to make it more mainstream would be much appreciated. We already have to wait 3-10 seconds after each mob that puts a dot on you to jump to the next one, so much so that leveling a rogue, i had a BD spec specifically set aside for mobs that always put dots on you.

Soulwalker

+1

5secs with improved stealth in assassins soul.

+ Reply to Thread