+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP leveling build

Shield of Telara

Default PVP leveling build

So i just rolled a rogue on a pvp server, and i'm looking for input on what soul combo i should be using. I'd love to kill pretty much anyone i get the drop on, so i guess i'm more into glass cannon type of builds (i played a fire mage in that other mmo).

thanks for the help!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    So i just rolled a rogue on a pvp server, and i'm looking for input on what soul combo i should be using. I'd love to kill pretty much anyone i get the drop on, so i guess i'm more into glass cannon type of builds (i played a fire mage in that other mmo).

thanks for the help!
    i can't edit for some reason, but is it worth picking up the infiltrator soul even for open world pvp/questing?

Champion

If you're planning on being level 50 before the next major patch you might just want to reroll as rogues are in a sore state right now with anything but a melee build with a complicated mess of a rotation. Also, many bosses in this game are not melee friendly.

If you just want some open world PvP before level 50 you'll be fine.

If you love rogues though stay the course and wait it out.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 04-04-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Choose Assasin like your main soul. For second and third which you want.
    don't bother with infiltrator until 50.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    If you're planning on being level 50 before the next major patch you might just want to reroll as rogues are in a sore state right now with anything but a melee build with a complicated mess of a rotation. Also, many bosses in this game are not melee friendly.

If you just want some open world PvP before level 50 you'll be fine.

If you love rogues though stay the course and wait it out.
    one glance at the forums and i see that people are crying about being terrible. i however don't care, every class will have time in the sun and time in the shade.

i'm asking for input on souls, not input on class. thanks for the bump though

Shadowlander

it really depends on your playstyle and your level.

Example, L27 bard/nb/infil build - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0Mcib.wI0oVMoo.Vh.x

Been playing a 2nd rogue lately & using this build right now for open world pvp and warfronts.
    if you're soloing it's a bit on the slow side to kill things and you have a good chance of dying in a stand up 1v1 fight. It does give you an always up 20% run speed buff though w/ break free to help you run away.

I am usually in groups (even when/if the group is spread apart) so if I get solo jumped, I run towards where other group members are for back up.

I also have a riftstalker/bd/nb spec that has 27 points in RS to get rift prison/imp rift barrier. Focusing on phase shift abilities allows me to solo (a little slow) pretty much whatever with not to much downtime & allows me to get away from pvp that I can't handle; but it deals okay damage so I find its about a 50% in any given fight.

3rd build right now is more of a pvp build. sin/nb/infil :
    sin to imp stealth & foul play - 22 pts.
    nb - 8 pts for lost hope. I prefer 5 blazing fury & then 3 primal death & then not speccing savage strike but ymmv.
    infil - 5 pts for penetrating

now the 3rd build is situational, if you get the jump you win. if you play it right you win. if you get jumped you lose alot of the time. also, you have 5 weapon enchants but can only use 2 and it depends who you are fighting what you want to use. i usually keep lethal & leeching up.

Shadowlander

oh, 1 more thing (cant edit: 5 minute rule)
    If you're going for max utility/max dps. it's not worth using the pvp soul.

i love break free and I find the poison is great when fighting vs. mages & clerics
    the 10% armor pen is what I spec into because...i think its better then an aoe dmg reduction and I want the poison. it's not the greatest talent, but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    one glance at the forums and i see that people are crying about being terrible. i however don't care, every class will have time in the sun and time in the shade.

i'm asking for input on souls, not input on class. thanks for the bump though
    Don't be fooled, the only rogues soul which are a little underpowered are the ranged ones (Marksman, Ranger and Sab). The melee souls are really good, I'm doing 800~ dps wiith my sin build in expert dungeons and NB it's really powerful in PVP.

And Sin is godly for open PVP, you have always the advantage both in offense (perma-stealth) and defense (Slip away + Hidden Veil).
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

You want to kill most people you get the drop on - most souls wont do that well. Pretty much you nedd NB to have reasonable odds and you wont fit that into a high stealth/high crit build till higher levels.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Soulwalker

im currently lvl 37 and running with a bd/assasin/rs build.
    i like poisons and stealth to work with,and assasin is the only build i know off that has improved stealth.

i then choose rs for multiple reasons:
    -unseen fury
    -great fortitude
    -shadow assault
    -shadow stalk.

shadowstalk & shadowassault are great for mobilty as in both cases you shift behind your target.(great for when targets manage to escape from melee range)
    shadowstalk removes snares & stuns as an added bonus while shadowassault is a damage dealer.

sin/bd (high enough for the charge/root) and then infiltrator. but you will always die when jumped so lvl with whatever build you want then switch to this world pvp build when ganking. suggest another sin build though for lvling so you can slip away, change specs, then kill them

since i hit 50 long before 1.1 i lvl'd as a ranger with perma stealth then switched to saboteur with perma stealth to gank ppl.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread