+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My 1.2 Marksman Patch Notes.

Default My 1.2 Marksman Patch Notes.

My improved Marksman talents.

Single Minded Focus: Increases base damage of all shots by 5% per point, up from 3% per point.

Sharpshooter: Hit Chance 2% per point up from 1%

Hasty Departure: Increases Speed when attacked by 5% per point up from 2% and reduces damage from all sources by 2% per point.

Penetrating Shots: ignores 5% of targets armor per point (max 25%) up from 4% (max 20%)

Master Archer: gives the chance to do Air damage on all shots by 10% per point (50% cap) up from 25% proc chance.

Killer Instinct: Increases Critical Hit Chance of Empowered shot and Deadeye shot by 25% with 3/3

* Pedestals have been removed and replaced with scaling buffs (speccable at same level), when standing still your damage increases upto 20% for tier 1 buff and 40% with tier 2 buff. time to max damage scales at 5% per second. (4 secs tier 1 buff and 8 secs tier 2 buff for max damage) moving will scale the damage down over the same time period.

* Base damage on auto shots have been increased by 15%

* 40pts Marksman ability Retreat can no longer be interrupted or stunned or incapaciated during or for 4secs after being used.

* Static Shot now no longer breaks on damage and is a set time of 4 seconds.

* Fan out damage has been upped by 10%

+ various minor tweaks id be here all day moaning about :P
    Last edited by Elewyth; 04-04-2011 at 06:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Elewyth View Post

Single Minded Focus: Increases base damage of all shots by 5% per point, up from 3% per point.

Hasty Departure: Increases Speed when attacked by 5% per point up from 2% and reduces damage from all sources by 2% per point.

Penetrating Shots: ignores 5% of targets armor per point (max 25%) up from 4% (max 20%)

Master Archer: gives the chance to do Air damage on all shots by 10% per point (50% cap) up from 25% proc chance.

Killer Instinct: Increases Critical Hit Chance of Empowered shot and Deadeye shot by 25% with 3/3

* Pedestals have been removed and replaced with scaling buffs (speccable at same level), when standing still your damage increases upto 20% for tier 1 buff and 40% with tier 2 buff. time to max damage scales at 5% per second. (4 secs tier 1 buff and 8 secs tier 2 buff for max damage) moving will scale the damage down over the same time period.

* Base damage on auto shots have been increased by 15%

* 40pts Marksman ability Retreat can no longer be interrupted or stunned or incapaciated during or for 4secs after being used.

* Fan out damage has been upped by 10%

That would probably make it solid in PvE and super-incredible-pre-patch-champion-awesome in PvP. It would be nice though, b/c you'd be able to spec marksman for your shots AND your damage, unlike now, where you spec marksman for your shots and NB for your damage....... makes no sense.

Some good ideas for sure, a few would be good, but not good enough for pve, and all would make us PvP gods.

Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    That would probably make it solid in PvE and super-incredible-pre-patch-champion-awesome in PvP. It would be nice though, b/c you'd be able to spec marksman for your shots AND your damage, unlike now, where you spec marksman for your shots and NB for your damage....... makes no sense.

Some good ideas for sure, a few would be good, but not good enough for pve, and all would make us PvP gods.
    the idea was to make marks a 1 stop shop for dps and not HAVE to spec other things, i wanted a complete 51pt build.

PvE wise, i added the aoe buff and armor pen.
    pvp im not so sure it would make us god like, but we would be super awesome! but the scaling buff cripples us, so i wanted that to balance it out, so even with mobility we get SOMETHING rather than stand still or nothing. (i actually stole it from Warhammer Magus but no tether to a pet or location)

so if you let me stand still ill 40% your *** + other shizzle added, if you keep me moving, im just hitting harder and more in line with other ranged and melee classes.

my 1.2 notes would be very simple

-Increased base damage on all Marksman abilities by 15%
    -Removed Pedestals
    -Added 18 point root ability Marksman Training - Increases ranged damage by .25% for each point spent in the Marksman tree for a maximum of 5%
    -Added 51 point root ability Marksman Expert Training - Increases ranged damage by .3% for each point spent in the Marksman tree for a maximum of 15%, this does not stack with Marksman Training

See what I did there? gave them passive dmg without stupid pedestals which dont keep to the point of the class! oh and i did not increase there dps at all... what am i thinking!!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Hasty Departure: Increases Speed when attacked by 5% per point up from 2% and reduces damage from all sources by 2% per point.(delete damage reduction)

* Pedestals have been removed and replaced with Stances (speccable at same level), when standing still your damage increase is 20% for Markman's Stance and 50% with Sniper's Stance. Moving will scale the damage increase down 50%.

* Base damage on auto shots have been increased by 15%(delete)

* Fan out damage has been upped by 10%(delete)

* Rapid Extrication now reduces cooldowns by 30% up from 15% with 2/2.

My 2 plats based my experiences

Aus
    Banned

Your Changes look nice, I honestly dont care what they do as long as they do something, and soon. Id be more patient if I knew they were at least looking into the marksman issue. Primarily the issue is Damage, that it Fix that and other thing become less of an issue. Your right, It makes no sense to have to go deep night blade to play marks simply because the Marks tree is void of anything that does damage on a scale that is competitive. Also I would move retreat further back so marks can get it sooner

Quote Originally Posted by Eisheth2 View Post
    My 2 plats based my experiences
    eh? saywhat10char?

Champion

I think Trion is afraid of MMs, the fastest class in the game with the highest range, kiting everything to death if they aren't forced to stand still on a pedestal for good damage.

But who knows what they're thinking..

Quote Originally Posted by Aus View Post
    Your Changes look nice, I honestly dont care what they do as long as they do something, and soon. Id be more patient if I knew they were at least looking into the marksman issue. Primarily the issue is Damage, that it Fix that and other thing become less of an issue. Your right, It makes no sense to have to go deep night blade to play marks simply because the Marks tree is void of anything that does damage on a scale that is competitive. Also I would move retreat further back so marks can get it sooner
    my personal feeling is that retreat should be a core skill buyable from the trainer, but im just working with what we have right now.

i think some skills need jigging up the tree so you cant get them alongside some other skills in other souls.
    and that is the problem right there, buff 1 soul it DOES effect all the others, and makes other skill in conjunction with it stupid redundant or OP.

Trion shot themselves in the face with multiple souls and balance, its a good idea on paper, but a ***** to balance.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    my 1.2 notes would be very simple

-Increased base damage on all Marksman abilities by 15%
    -Removed Pedestals
    -Added 18 point root ability Marksman Training - Increases ranged damage by .25% for each point spent in the Marksman tree for a maximum of 5%
    -Added 51 point root ability Marksman Expert Training - Increases ranged damage by .3% for each point spent in the Marksman tree for a maximum of 15%, this does not stack with Marksman Training

See what I did there? gave them passive dmg without stupid pedestals which dont keep to the point of the class! oh and i did not increase there dps at all... what am i thinking!!!
    If Markman only had problems with damage then those changes would be a possible solution. But MM has problems with ineffective CC and CC breaks. Both of which damage buff alone do not solve. Retreat is a 40 point root that is weak due to it not being instant completion, it's a massive jump. Thus you can be CC'd mid jump. Our repell is weak because it repels your enemy a very short distance for a game where everyone's range is 0-20 but i can't repel but 23 max. And we have no slow for a class based on speed.
    Last edited by Eisheth2; 04-04-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Aus
    Banned

my personal feeling is that retreat should be a core skill buyable from the trainer, but im just working with what we have right now.

i think some skills need jigging up the tree so you cant get them alongside some other skills in other souls.
    and that is the problem right there, buff 1 soul it DOES effect all the others, and makes other skill in conjunction with it stupid redundant or OP.

Trion shot themselves in the face with multiple souls and balance, its a good idea on paper, but a ***** to balance.
    It can be done, and it can be done quickly, the issue is priority, this part of the game matters little to them it seems, or marksman wouldn't be so far behind in the first place. Its a pretty straight forward role, two key features, DAMAGE!! and mobility. How did they forget the damage? You can only mess that up if you care little about the role.

Soulwalker

eh? saywhat10char?
    Sorry I don't speak Internet....

Hasty Departure increase your speed by 4%, not 2%.

It's a great skill already, 25% movespeed and 10% damage reduction only for 2 points it's too much.

I propose to delete the Marksman Pedestal and give the +10% bonus passively.
    Also one more: Repelling shot cannot be dodged, parried or missed.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Champion

Another change they should make is proccing things like hellfire blades (Maybe it does already I dunno) and also assassin bleeds.

That would jump their viability through the roof right there.

Although I'm not sure about things like hellfire blades already proccing but I'm pretty sure sin bleeds don't.

this would make MMs completely OP in PVP.

a pretty constant 25% movement speed, an unbreakable root, AND a damage increase?

no1 would touch the MM

think b4 you suggest.
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast