+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman Macro.... Need help

Soulwalker

Default Marksman Macro.... Need help

Hey so I have a riftblade/paragon warrior and he has a macro that casts all the abilities I want in order, trying to do the same for rogue, but I am having trouble with the macro.

What I tried to do to start was just put some casting order like this:

Cast Controlled Fire
    Cast Hit and Run
    Cast Bull's Eye
    Cast Strafe
    Cast Crossfire
    Cast Empowered Shot
    Cast Quick Reload
    Cast Barbed Shot
    Cast Swift Shot
    Cast Fan Out

Obviously this isnt the exact order I will cast cause of finishers and stuff but I just wanted to figure out the macros... What happenes is the first 3 spells cast and then when i click the macro nothing else happens. Just the first three everytime and thats it. Sometimes Swift Shot will fire off if I press just an ability button then start clicking the macro again. Can anyone explain to me why this macro isnt working and what I need to do to learn? Thanks

Shadowlander

EEEEK!! A troll!! *Stomp* *Stomp* *Stomp*

Plane Touched

bull's eye does not work well in my macro either, i am not sure why.

Bull's eye and strafe.... I do not think that is a good combination, as the bull'seye will likely fire off on your first damagin attack of strafe, and will not make them all crit. I would suggest bull's eye and deadeye

Soulwalker

Markman macros are completely different than anything else I've seen in Rift. Bull's Eye bugs out most cast after it. You have to cast it after what you want to really buff most times. Also our instants will work very poorly in the same macro.

I've found we need about 3 macros for good efficient rotation.

1 for AOE
    1 for burst
    1 for crits

What you want to do is figure out the right skills to place in them

Atleast that's my feel having played MM as my primary since beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubin View Post
    Hey so I have a riftblade/paragon warrior and he has a macro that casts all the abilities I want in order, trying to do the same for rogue, but I am having trouble with the macro.

What I tried to do to start was just put some casting order like this:

Cast Controlled Fire
    Cast Hit and Run
    Cast Bull's Eye
    Cast Strafe
    Cast Crossfire
    Cast Empowered Shot
    Cast Quick Reload
    Cast Barbed Shot
    Cast Swift Shot
    Cast Fan Out

Obviously this isnt the exact order I will cast cause of finishers and stuff but I just wanted to figure out the macros... What happenes is the first 3 spells cast and then when i click the macro nothing else happens. Just the first three everytime and thats it. Sometimes Swift Shot will fire off if I press just an ability button then start clicking the macro again. Can anyone explain to me why this macro isnt working and what I need to do to learn? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post
    bull's eye does not work well in my macro either, i am not sure why.

Bull's eye and strafe.... I do not think that is a good combination, as the bull'seye will likely fire off on your first damagin attack of strafe, and will not make them all crit. I would suggest bull's eye and deadeye
    correct Bullseye does not affect all shots, only the first 1. BUT it does affect all the initial shots, i.e with crossfire they ALL seem to count on the first casting, i.e your first aoe all targets get hit by bullseye then it goes back to the normal damage for the other 4 hits.

better off using it for deadeye instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

+ Reply to Thread