+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T1 Rogue DPS sucks ***?

Rift Disciple

Default T1 Rogue DPS sucks ***?

What kind of DPS should you be pulling single target in full tier 1 with epic t1 weapons? cause the rogue in my guild is BARELY pulling 400 dps when fresh ding 50's are pulling 590...Is this normal or is he failing if so what spec would you suggest to boost this lackluster 400 dps.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo209 View Post
    What kind of DPS should you be pulling single target in full tier 1 with epic t1 weapons? cause the rogue in my guild is BARELY pulling 400 dps when fresh ding 50's are pulling 590...Is this normal or is he failing if so what spec would you suggest to boost this lackluster 400 dps.
    I don't know WHAT you are supposed to be pulling but it should be alot higher than that. I only have a couple pieces of T1 level epic gear on my rogue and my RANGER spec with a 32.5dps epic bow pulls almost 500. Assassin and NB melee single target dps is considerably higher than that and I still have blue quality melee weapons.

It sucks. Yes.

Warrior will always, and I mean always outdamage you.
    Unless he is a complete braindead ******.

As for your dps. It is low. Maybe you are some weird Marksman spec or something. Either way, IT is too low for tier 1.

Champion of Telara

What kind of DPS should you be pulling single target in full tier 1 with epic t1 weapons?
    650-ish would be the peak on stable fights with 5man common buffs. You could hit 700 with 5man uncommon buffs (Chloroarch + Beastmaster group buffs, etc).

For general competent play, I would expect 600 dps for single target sustained in mostly-stable fights.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    650-ish would be the peak on stable fights with 5man common buffs. You could hit 700 with 5man uncommon buffs (Chloroarch + Beastmaster group buffs, etc).

For general competent play, I would expect 600 dps for single target sustained in mostly-stable fights.
    Id love to see that. Please screenshot a parse for us.
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

too much movement and gimmicks involved. i pull about 600dps on a normal t2 boss, sure it's at ranged but that is my max, i cant do anything to raise that save go melee and im not doing that... and that is WITH chloro buffs, closer to 550dps and lower depending on how gimmicky the fight is, and going higher if there are adds at all.

with that said, i pull 2000dps on aoe trash pulls.

this is why i tank/bard cause our t2 group consists of 2 clerics (1 fulltime healer) 1 mage (full time chloro) and a war and rog. the other cleric war and rogue switch from tanking and the other 2 dps or in my case bard (yes some fights require 1 cleric healer 1 chloro and 1 bard). even the cleric (inq) out dpses me and he is full time ranged... it's sad really.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by gulain View Post
    I don't know WHAT you are supposed to be pulling but it should be alot higher than that. I only have a couple pieces of T1 level epic gear on my rogue and my RANGER spec with a 32.5dps epic bow pulls almost 500. Assassin and NB melee single target dps is considerably higher than that and I still have blue quality melee weapons.
    Ive both 51 point assassin and NB the night blade consistently hits 550 , the assassin is about 450 to 500 on the parse. I am full T1 DPS gear runed for max crit and Dex. Melee DPs is crazy broken for rogue a green geared fresh 50 2 hand spec can come in and parse 600 plus wiht no problem. but barely breaking 400 sound like rotation problem. BD i wont even coment on when i had such a raw expierence with assassin in end game ive never bothered with it.

Champion of Telara

Id love to see that. Please screenshot a parse for us.
    Are you joking? I parse 600+ sustained in any T2 fight where I have moderately good contact time on the boss. That's not that much. Better-geared rogues that are competent will break 750 in T2. I've hit 680-700 sustained when the party has very good buffs/debuffs (7% non-physical damage buff, archon buffs, chloro/bard cost reduction, beastmaster group buffs, etc) and I had good contact time (Wormwood fight in RD for example).

Gear: I have solid daggers -- 29 dps and 26 dps. But, the rest of my gear is pretty much AP/CC blues and T1 blues. Only half my gear has enchants becuase I'm lazy.

Ive both 51 point assassin and NB the night blade consistently hits 550 , the assassin is about 450 to 500 on the parse. I am full T1 DPS gear runed for max crit and Dex.
    You should pull over 600. 450-500 is acceptable for fights with a lot of non-fighting, like Eliam in RD, where you spend a large fraction of the fight turned away from the boss, or running around in circles tab targeting for adds that like to hide behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by gulain View Post
    Epics blues blah blah... it doesnt matter...just so you guys know T1 sux and you can get much better blues. and AP is broken stack crit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Epics blues blah blah... it doesnt matter...just so you guys know T1 sux and you can get much better blues. and AP is broken stack crit...
    1 29.2 dps dagger will increase your dps more than anything. infact i bet if you just have 1 29.2 dps dagger and a grey vendor dagger in full blues will do more dps than a rogue in full T2 epics optimized for dps and 2 26dps daggers.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Telaran

With blue weapons as nightblade I was pulling around 550-600 DPS on most fights that weren't completely horrible for melee (IE lots of movement or low time on boss due to aoes etc). As ranger last night on last boss in Expert FC I was pulling almost 650, but that was with beastmaster buffs + teh ability cost reduction from our cloro (he was full cloro not the cloro archon buffbot spec).

We did realm of the fae afterwards, and with the epic dagger that dropped from E FC's last boss I was pushing 770 on 2nd boss as nightblade.

Quote Originally Posted by hokonoso View Post
    1 29.2 dps dagger will increase your dps more than anything. Infact i bet if you just have 1 29.2 dps dagger and a grey vendor dagger in full blues will do more dps than a rogue in full t2 epics optimized for dps and 2 26dps daggers.
    qft..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Champion of Telara

infact i bet if you just have 1 29.2 dps dagger and a grey vendor dagger in full blues will do more dps than a rogue in full T2 epics optimized for dps and 2 26dps daggers.
    No. The weighting of the weapons to armor for DPS is indeed skewed, but not by that much.

An upgrade from 26 -> 29 dps on your mainhand is probably worth around the same "tier" of upgrade for half your armor.

Also, as a general note: T2 bosses seem to take less damage flat-out than T1s. Not sure if that's just my bad superstition, but it certainly seems that way when I hit 700/750+ sustained on some T1s, and 650 on T2s.

Highest I've done was 790 in a T1, forgot where that was. Incidentally, some individual bosses take a ****ton of damage. I did 950 on the last boss of regular CC. And no, that doesn't count adds, because the Warr in the group did 1100, and the boss died before she spawned adds.

No. The weighting of the weapons to armor for DPS is indeed skewed, but not by that much.
    test it then come back.

i have the t2 legs from eAP and they dont increase my dps more than the regular outfitter crafted blue legs with nimble added to them. parses > heresay.

crafted legs have 31dex 20crit and some useless stats, t2 legs have 25dex 13ap and more useless stats... i dont even have to run parses to know you are wrong here as the upgrade to t2 is VERY minor compared to lvl 50 blues (unless tanking). the most you gain from the upgrades is more armor and endurance, dex/crit stats barely change and AP is just as awful in blues as epics.

Telaran

An upgrade from 26 -> 29 dps on your mainhand is probably worth around the same "tier" of upgrade for half your armor.

Also, as a general note: T2 bosses seem to take less damage flat-out than T1s. Not sure if that's just my bad superstition, but it certainly seems that way when I hit 700/750+ sustained on some T1s, and 650 on T2s.

Highest I've done was 790 in a T1, forgot where that was. Incidentally, some individual bosses take a ****ton of damage. I did 950 on the last boss of regular CC. And no, that doesn't count adds, because the Warr in the group did 1100, and the boss died before she spawned adds.
    I'm pretty sure the last boss in E FC is one of those as well. My raptor pet as 51rng/15nb/0sin was doing over 200 dps last night on her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast