+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker thread again.

Soulwalker

Default Riftstalker thread again.

Hey fellas, just want to get some feed back from the other rogue tanks.
    I have been running RS/BD/bard 51/8/7.
    I have been doing some experts, no issues however some of the stuff gained from going 51 into Riftstalker i am not using very often.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ItIuqdRkkR.xoz

Screwing around with the calculator I came up with
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...It0uozozoM.xhz

I wont be back on till this afternoon to check this but some constructive feedback would be awesome.
    Thank you.

Rift Chaser

There is multiple other threads with answers to what you seek already.

But to sum it up.. you lose too much endurance/damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaojack View Post
    I have been doing some experts, no issues however some of the stuff gained from going 51 into Riftstalker i am not using very often.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ItIuqdRkkR.xoz

Screwing around with the calculator I came up with
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...It0uozozoM.xhz

I wont be back on till this afternoon to check this but some constructive feedback would be awesome.
    Thank you.
    Those 28 pts you took out of RS lowers your migitation by 14% and 28% endurance (besides everything else you are loosing). For 6% parry / 5% dodge and an oh-**** button.. Not worth it in my oppinion.
    Dont forget to check out my poems/lyrics: Saboteur Poem / Saboteur Lyrics.
    Ps. English is not my native language.

Soulwalker

I see now, I didnt see the part with increased endurance for every point spent in riftstalker after 26. So it would seem its 51 points or bust.

Plane Touched

I had thought about similar builds at one time, but mostly before they added the scalars into riftstalker. The HP doesn't concern me as much as we only need as much hp as an equivalent geared warrior tank providing that you mitigate the same amount of damage. The real concern with builds like these is the loss of mitigation through rift guard which we just can't afford.

The advantages to a spec like this really don't come out in mitigation quite as much as it does in threat and CP building. Unfortunately, I think, with the current way the game plays RS tanks just can't give up that much hp/damage reduction at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaojack View Post
    Other than Defer Death and Rift Prison, what are you not using very often?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezer View Post
    Other than Defer Death and Rift Prison, what are you not using very often?
    i use those a lot lol. defer death is free 10second dps time when the cleric dies to a gimp mechanic, and rift prison is "6 seconds i dont have to be dps'd by this target before my downs mage can sheep it"
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion

You can get away with less then 51 points in RS and still be an effective tank.

I would think the minimuim in RS is about 45-48. Somewhere around that range.

I just doubt there's anything worth giving up for it, unless someone finds something good.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 04-04-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Default Yes, when your group knows what's doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i use those a lot lol. defer death is free 10second dps time when the cleric dies to a gimp mechanic, and rift prison is "6 seconds i dont have to be dps'd by this target before my downs mage can sheep it"
    Yeah, same. I was rdy to argue the usefulness of them both (when your group knows you are using them) - but still wonder what he is not using very often.

Soulwalker

I just saw a lot more use in the other trees without understanding the improved guardian phase fully and its synergy with rift guard. Now that I understand what I was missing, it makes missing those points in Riftstalker seem pretty game breaking =D

+ Reply to Thread