+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 50% slow + 50% slow = 100% slow = root?

Telaran

Default 50% slow + 50% slow = 100% slow = root?

Just wondering about this:

Say for example, I use NB's Twilight force (with talent) at range = 50% slow

I throw Sab's Adhesive bomb at range = 50% slow

50% + 50% = 100% slow = root?

If so...delicious...

Telaran

Usually 50%+50% in any game with a thinking mind behind means 75% for any debuff.
    If I'm not wrong in Rift only strongest buff debuff of the same kind work so two dexterity buffs does not stak but only the strongest work untill the strogest wear out.
    I guess debuffs work in the same way. But I'm not sure..

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftRacoon View Post
    Just wondering about this:

Say for example, I use NB's Twilight force (with talent) at range = 50% slow

I throw Sab's Adhesive bomb at range = 50% slow

50% + 50% = 100% slow = root?

If so...delicious...
    Count with me. If you run at 100 m/s:
    If you lose 50% of this speed, now u run at 50m/s.
    If u lose more 50%,
    and 25m/s,
    6,75 .....
    /discuss

I know that Stealth slow 30% + saboteur slow 70% counts to 100%. You cna't even move.

this doesn't work with crippling shot and twilight force, but perhaps since adhesive is aoe it may stack.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    I know that Stealth slow 30% + saboteur slow 70% counts to 100%. You cna't even move.
    I doubt that was the problem: probably someone else put a root effect on you!
    I think is right that stealth slowing effect and the slowing debuff stack because the slowing effect from stealth is actually a buff (you are hidden!).
    But 30% + 70% shouldn't be 0% of the basic movement speed but..21% (if I'm not wrong).
    If you are sure that what happened to you is that the rooting effect came from the stacking effect of 30 + 70 = 100 I think you should ask to developer (report it) because I think it's a bug.

Soulwalker

All depends on whether that second 50% (and/or any subsequent speed debuffs) applies to your unmodified (meaning, as if the first 50% debuff isn't active) speed, or if it applies to your current speed.

If it applies to your unbuffed speed, then you should be looking at a total speed decrease of 100%. If it applies to current (already modified) speed, then no - you're looking at slowing them down more, but not rooting them entirely.
    Blog: Have Bow, Will PewPew

Christov, Ranger/Marksman/?, Firesand
    Member of Blackwolf

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by algol80 View Post
    I doubt that was the problem: probably someone else put a root effect on you!
    I think is right that stealth slowing effect and the slowing debuff stack because the slowing effect from stealth is actually a buff (you are hidden!).
    But 30% + 70% shouldn't be 0% of the basic movement speed but..21% (if I'm not wrong).
    If you are sure that what happened to you is that the rooting effect came from the stacking effect of 30 + 70 = 100 I think you should ask to developer (report it) because I think it's a bug.
    Nope, he is right.

Though i dare say it is a bug. If you are stealthed (30%) and stand in sab slow, you cannot move at all.

Telaran

Nice to know!
    I should retake the Sabo as third soul just to make myself immune to those annoying Assassins that wait for your death to steal the Fang in Black Garden! lol

+ Reply to Thread