+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bards and Healing Greater Essences

Default Bards and Healing Greater Essences

So I tried to post this in General, which I think was a mistake.

I've heard a lot of people say that the healing greater essences (i.e. Healing spells cause ... ) will proc off a Bard's Invigorated Soul. This proved to be accurate for [Consuming Faesource], which places a HoT on me and my party occasionally when I use Cadence.

I tried another (don't remember the name) which would put an AP/SP buff on targets I heal, however it never proc'd (checked real combat plus training dummy, without Motif of Bravery). Was disappointed in this, but I purchased the [Frozen Deep One Tear], from a Rare Planar Goods merchant. This is supposed to put a damage shield on targets I heal occasionally, but this, too, does not proc. off a Bard's Invigorated Soul. I've checked both dummies and real combat and nothing.

Has anyone had the same result?
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

I made a post about this eariler, got the "healing spells have chance to heal for blabla ovre 8 seconds" essences (the rare planar one, and faesource one) yesterday and another planar focus. gonna try it later today and see what i find out.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Yeah, I have a Rare (Blue) one that is a HoT over 8 seconds, and that works fine. The other two I picked up (one using an Ancient Sourcestone) is not working. I've spammed Cadence on a dummy for a long time and nothing (I get the HoT, but no shield). I hope this is a bug, and is fixed soon, as it's a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Selo View Post
    I made a post about this eariler, got the "healing spells have chance to heal for blabla ovre 8 seconds" essences (the rare planar one, and faesource one) yesterday and another planar focus. gonna try it later today and see what i find out.
    both of them proc quite often with cadence and coda of restoration
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Quote Originally Posted by Selo View Post
    both of them proc quite often with cadence and coda of restoration
    Are you referring to the Frozen Deep One Tear? If so, I've been unable to get it to proc with Cadence or Coda of Resto. Not sure what the problem is.

Soulwalker

Just use Crystal Vine and Consuming Faesource as your greaters (Yes, they're seperate families). Why would anyone expect Targetted Greaters to proc off your Cadence. I'm not sure it even works if you target an ally and cast Verse.

Been kicking myself over the Frozen Deep One tear for days now. It procs, but it seems very very infrequent. Go for the HoT procs- they proc more reliably and parse more betterer.

Other fun fact: if you're looking to boost your dps, pick up the smoldering flamesource. It's quite a bit more damage than the on-physical greaters, and procs really nicely. Between that and the trinket from Droughtlands you can boost your numbers up a good chunk even while spamming heals.
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by SUPBABY View Post
    Just use Crystal Vine and Consuming Faesource as your greaters (Yes, they're seperate families). Why would anyone expect Targetted Greaters to proc off your Cadence. I'm not sure it even works if you target an ally and cast Verse.
    Maybe because in our log it says that it heals someone? Would seem to me they were the target of the heal. It is also confusing as there are some healing essences that do and some that do not. Sounds to be that they should all be the same (i.e. all proc off Cadence).

I am kicking myself now, too. Could have spent that Ancient on Crystal Vine, but didn't expect it to stack with Faesource.

+ Reply to Thread