+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Tank Spec idea

Plane Walker

Default New Tank Spec idea

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xIthuozokoM.xh

Hear me out.
    I've taken all the defensive abilities in the RS tree.
    False Blade: Increase dodge 5% for 60 seconds
    Improved False Blade: Increases parry 6% for 60 seconds
    Dauntless Strike: Increase party and raid Crit Hit chance by 5%
    Weapon Barrage: From prior mmo experience interrupts became very important for some fights.

In the end I think this build could be more beneficial to the group in the long run. I want to test it out once I get 50 toughness in T1. I definitely think this could be fun for T1/T2 farming. At worst I think this would be a viable trash clearing tank build. Adds more DPS and some AoE. I think the 51 point ability in RS is hard to give up though. Not sure how durable it is giving up +19% hit points though. This build on self buffs with mediocre gear gives me about 6.9k HP just shy of 7k.

Why not Reprisal?
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Rift Chaser

Why do you think giving up 19% endurance + the loss of dmg reduction from rift guard, is worth 6% parry and 5% extra crit to your party?

You have a point with weapon barrage, but it is simply not worth giving up the things you do to get it.

You "viable trash clearing tank build" comment is also a bit strange, have no problems clearing trash with a 51pt rs build as is.

Sure, our dps is slightly lower then warrior tanks, but tbh, i am not very worried about my dps when i tank, more about how much damage i can take.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    Why not Reprisal?
    I like flash of steel because if there is a stray aggro it launched you directly to the mob where you force taunt him.

Thanks for reminding me about rift guard. I completely over looked it. Its not that i thought i was making even trades but more of calculated sacrifice to make the class a little more fun while adding the crit and some extra DPS to the group. I was really just trying to see if i could find a use for blade dancer. Outside of solo leveling or PVP i couldn't see the point of ever using it because so many abilities focus on you getting hit and dodging the attacks.

Oh well back to the old drawing board. Although I gotta give it at least one test run
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-04-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Ascendant

Hey look, it's a build almost exactly like one that's been posted 400 times before.

Exciting.

Edit: And taking 5/5 blade Finesse and not taking Reprisal is just dumb, flat-out.
    Last edited by PessimiStick; 04-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Rift Chaser

Is 51 point Riftstalker really that mandatory? I've had an idea for a 44 point Rift/22 point Blade Dancer build -- http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zz.vIthuqzRkoR -- but I haven't actually put much energy into thinking of tanking since I got burnt out on it in WoW. What very little I've done, the idea of having the extra combo point proc sounded pretty good. I'll be honest, I don't think they've done a very good job from a design standpoint in this soul system if viability will *require* a 51 point soul, even if it is the only tanking soul.

Shadowlander

That is the 2 schools btw. Going 22 BD gives you IMP false blade, and 51 RS gives you the maximum benifit of your guardian phase/rift barrier.

Personally, ive tanked at LEAST 100 T1s, and close to 30-40 T2s, and i can tell you from my personal preference, the raw mit you get from the extra points into rift barrier makes more sense and is easier on healers than the extra parry. Remember, thats only from MELEE, not caster. Rift barrier is all damage, and you get more HP to boot!

Also, it seems like the damage incomming to rift barrier doesnt get jacked when scaling up to 52s, its just a raw damage drop. However, your dodge/parry % suffers major hits when moving from 50s to 52s.

+ Reply to Thread