+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble with rouge macros

Soulwalker

Default Trouble with rouge macros

I can't get my rez macro to work beyond the 3rd line.

Here's how i wrote it to no avail:
    suppressmacrofailures
    #show Virulent Poison
    cast Virulent Poison
    cast Planebound Resilience

It won't cast anything after the first cast.

I've tried it in the following ways but it always fails at the 3rd line:

1.) suppressmacrofailures
    #show Planebound Resilience
    cast Virulent Poison
    cast Planetbound Resilience

2.)
    suppressmacrofailures
    #show Planebound Resilience
    cast Virulent Poison
    say wtf is this not working.

5th line worked fine. 4rd line didn't work.

3.)
    I tried to do it in reverse like this:
    suppressmacrofailures
    #show Virulent Poison
    cast Virulent Poison

3rd line never works no matter what I do.

4.) Of course this one didn't work:

suppressmacrofailures
    #show Virulent Poison
    castsequence Virulent Poison, Panebound Resilience

5.) I tried this but that didn't work either.

suppressmacrofailures
    #show Virulent Poison
    cast Virulent Poison
    #show Panebound Resilience

6.) Then i tried this:

suppressmacrofailures
    #show Virulent Posion
    cast Virulent Poison
    Planebound Resilience

That didn't work either.

I wonder why this isn't working. I tried other ablitites and this isn't working for them either.

I'd be grateful for some advice.

Soulwalker

It works for my mage but i dunno why this isn't working for my rogue.

the reason this macro isn't working is because both virulent poison and planebound resilience have zero cooldown time. which ever buff you put in the macro first is the one that will constantly be cast. i know on my warrior, my buffs usually have a 10 second cooldown, while the buffs on my rogue have zero. so i can put all my warrior buffs on one macro, while all my rogue buffs have to be on separate buttons. i'm not entirely certain how the mage buffs work, as my mage is lvl 12 and i haven't played him in about a month (F those FOTM biotches).
    Last edited by Soull; 04-04-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Soull View Post
    the reason this macro isn't working is because both virulent poison and planebound resilience have zero cooldown time. which ever buff you put in the macro first is the one that will constantly be cast. i know on my warrior, my buffs usually have a 10 second cooldown, while the buffs on my rogue have zero. so i can put all my warrior buffs on one macro, while all my rogue buffs have to be on separate buttons. i'm not entirely certain how the mage buffs work, as my mage is lvl 12 and i haven't played him in about a month (F those FOTM biotches).
    I just tried suppressmacrofailures
    cast Virulent Poisons
    cast Stealth

Steath has a 10 sec cd and that didnt work and I know cuz my bar stayed the same. when my rogue is in stealth, the bar changes.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by idraofrift View Post
    I just tried suppressmacrofailures
    cast Virulent Poisons
    cast Stealth

Steath has a 10 sec cd and that didnt work and I know cuz my bar stayed the same. when my rogue is in stealth, the bar changes.
    Stealth does not have a 10s cooldown until you come out of it.

To macro a CD into an instant, you need to put CD on top.

Some something like:
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage Strike

This will do puncture every time the CD is up, and meanwhile do Savage Strike. This WILL NOT work for stealth. If you have,
    cast Stealth
    cast Virulent Poison

You press it once, you pop into stealth. Press it again you come out, it's a toggle of sorts. It's because the CD doesn't start until you come out of it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Stealth does not have a 10s cooldown until you come out of it.

To macro a CD into an instant, you need to put CD on top.

Some something like:
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage Strike

This will do puncture every time the CD is up, and meanwhile do Savage Strike. This WILL NOT work for stealth. If you have,
    cast Stealth
    cast Virulent Poison

You press it once, you pop into stealth. Press it again you come out, it's a toggle of sorts. It's because the CD doesn't start until you come out of it.
    very well I will give it a try. My rouge is lvl 14 at this point so I'll need ot look up other ablitieis with a cd that starts right away when you use it.

Telaran

I still don't understand the point of macros like this, not trying to flame or troll but if you let macros auto decide things like this for you why are you even bothering playing at all? Is pressing 1 1 1 2 1 1 that fun?

Soulwalker

very well I will give it a try. My rouge is lvl 14 at this point so I'll need ot look up other ablitieis with a cd that starts right away when you use it.
    I had partial success with this new macro:
    #show Shadow Shift
    cast Shadow Shift
    cast Virulent Poison

It worked with poison but not with planet bound resilience.. well I guess I'll have to level up and get more abllitites with CD and I will just have to buff myself manually when I rez in WFs in the meantime.

My guess is that I'd have to cast another ability with a CD after Poison so i can get Planebound to work for me as well.

Rift Disciple

#show Shadow Shift
    cast Shadow Shift
    cast Virulent Poison

It worked with poison but not with planet bound resilience.. well I guess I'll have to level up and get more abllitites with CD and I will just have to buff myself manually when I rez in WFs in the meantime.

My guess is that I'd have to cast another ability with a CD after Poison so i can get Planebound to work for me as well.
    Virulent poison has no CD so any number of macro setups with Virulent poison in it will NOT get any further than the poison part of the macro!!

Rift Disciple

#show Shadow Shift
    cast Shadow Shift
    cast Virulent Poison

Because Virulent Poison has no cooldown, anything below Virulent Poison will not work.
    Planebound Resiliance will never work in a macro with Virulent Poison.

Soulwalker

Very well. i guess I will just have to manually put buffs on myself when I rez in WFs. I assume that that other instant ablilities works much the same way as Vitural Poison. I will keep that in mind when writing macros for all my alts. Right now most of my abllities are instant so I guess I won't need macros for a while.

Telaran

Very well. i guess I will just have to manually put buffs on myself when I rez in WFs. I assume that that other instant ablilities works much the same way as Vitural Poison. I will keep that in mind when writing macros for all my alts. Right now most of my abllities are instant so I guess I won't need macros for a while.
    That's it!
    In Rift macros stop themself everytime they cast one ability.
    This means that macros are very usefull to keep using ability with CD without having to control for their CD!
    For assassin this is not very usefull at 14th lvl you could use macro just for something like this:

#show Assassinate
    cast Assassinate
    cast Incapacitate
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage strike

This means that when you are close to a victime and press macro button the computer will check first if the victim can be "assassinated" (meaning that you have to be stealthed and behind the victim) if one of the requirement is not met computer will check if target can be "incapacitated" (you must be stealthed).
    You are not stealthed computer will cast automatically puncture unless it is on CD, in that case Savage strike will be cast.

Hope this is clear. I have no Assassin but i know that macro is fundamental for Bladedancers while close to useless for riftstalker (unless for secondary soul ability)

Growing up as an assassin you coul pun in the macro (between Incapacitate and Puncture) Poison Malice, Serpent Strike, Backstab, Foulplay in this order.
    I'm not sure including foulplay is a good idea because I think is better to have a greater control over a stun than those automatic garanted by a macro.
    According to RiftSlam Paralyzing strike have no CD nor requirement to activate so you cannot use it in a macro. Ask for anything also!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by algol80 View Post
    That's it!
    In Rift macros stop themself everytime they cast one ability.
    This means that macros are very usefull to keep using ability with CD without having to control for their CD!
    For assassin this is not very usefull at 14th lvl you could use macro just for something like this:

#show Assassinate
    cast Assassinate
    cast Incapacitate
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage strike

This means that when you are close to a victime and press macro button the computer will check first if the victim can be "assassinated" (meaning that you have to be stealthed and behind the victim) if one of the requirement is not met computer will check if target can be "incapacitated" (you must be stealthed).
    You are not stealthed computer will cast automatically puncture unless it is on CD, in that case Savage strike will be cast.

Hope this is clear. I have no Assassin but i know that macro is fundamental for Bladedancers while close to useless for riftstalker (unless for secondary soul ability)

Growing up as an assassin you coul pun in the macro (between Incapacitate and Puncture) Poison Malice, Serpent Strike, Backstab, Foulplay in this order.
    I'm not sure including foulplay is a good idea because I think is better to have a greater control over a stun than those automatic garanted by a macro.
    According to RiftSlam Paralyzing strike have no CD nor requirement to activate so you cannot use it in a macro. Ask for anything also!
    thanks. I tried it on my rogue and it worked as you said. I will note that I didn't read all of your post and just copied it to see how it works. I set up the macro on sheath button 3 and on regular bar 3 cuz i'd spilt my macros like this on my rogue on wow. I don't have the other ablibtes right now on my rogue but I will have to try this out as I level up on my rogue.

Telaran

You're wellcome!
    I'm happy that it has been usefull to you!

+ Reply to Thread