+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksmen

Hzk
    Shadowlander

Default Marksmen

So being bored and wanting to figure out why MM does such low damage, I went and hit on a target dummy taking different talents and what not. After beating on the dummy, it seems like Penetrating Shots doesn't actually do nothing, unless the target dummy has no armor...which would be odd. I beat on the dummy only spamming Swift Shot for about 2 mins each time. The first time i didn't take PS, my dps was 210. When I took PS, my dps about 180...do not know if something was off or what...but yea.

Spec for first test:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Ehxo0zhh.V0xMh

Spec for second:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Ehx0V0hh.V0xMh

The only buff I used was Predatory Instincts, also Swift Shot's damage never really changed between the two specs.

Rift Disciple

Just did some targetting of practice dummies myself. I don't think they have any armour, same crits and general damage on all 3 types both with marksman armour pen and without. Weird.

Either that or it's not working as you say, could use some dev clarification on that.

I shall make a non armour pen build and see how it parses vs my normal build in pvp when I have more time later.

Interesting line of thought though, good one.

Hzk
    Shadowlander

It would be very odd if the dummy's do not have any armor, people use them all the time to try to base their damage off em. I love MM spec so much but it is just so low in DPS it makes me cry, I first thought that Master Archer was bugged and would mess up PS, but that didn't seem to be the case. A dev response would be nice indeed.

Shield of Telara

Marks is a pile of crap no matter how you try to spec it... putting any point in marks only lowers your DPS...

At the end of beta 7 PvP QQ and the fact that marks has some buggy/broken mechanics got nerfed to the ground. Instead of fixing some of the bugs they fixed teh bugs and nerfed nearly every aspect of the spec.

Until they pretty much overhall the tree it will be nothing but a pile of poo at a petting zoo, the dumb kills with play with it but thats it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    Marks is a pile of crap no matter how you try to spec it... putting any point in marks only lowers your DPS...

At the end of beta 7 PvP QQ and the fact that marks has some buggy/broken mechanics got nerfed to the ground. Instead of fixing some of the bugs they fixed teh bugs and nerfed nearly every aspect of the spec.

Until they pretty much overhall the tree it will be nothing but a pile of poo at a petting zoo, the dumb kills with play with it but thats it.
    Great useful feedback and input. The devs won't be able to do a lot if the information they have is that it's a "pile of poo at a petting zoo". I do appreciate it's a bit broken and certainly our DPS needs a boost. However the general idea of the build is good, simply some of the implementation needs fixing.

Our mobility boost doesn't offset the low dps output or low survivability, and that's an issue which needs addressing, but I have to say that it would be better to examine in full the individual aspects which require fixing and put them up as feedback for the game designers/developers rather than just QQing about how borked it is.

Capiche?

Mobility means crap in PvE, more so in raiding and experts

Marksman should be on par with mage single target, if not higher while standing still.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Hzk
    Shadowlander

Yea I agree with the mobilty in PvE. One thing I was thinking of was the longer we stand in one of our pedestals, the more damage we do. Like every 10 secs we stand in our pedestals we do 2% more damage.

But, this should be more of a dissociation for a new thread on how to improve. I just wanna see if Penetrating Shots is bugged as that will help our dps out if it isn't actually working, when it gets fixed.

Lightning's Fury does increase the damage done on dummies, so I'm pretty sure they have armor, but perhaps penetrating strikes is borked.

AND i dont want to be forced to spec 51 points into MM to do more damage. Its not like i need to spec 51 points into Paragon on Pyromancer to dish out alot of damage.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

+ Reply to Thread