+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expose weakness

Default Expose weakness

Because the 20 stacks gets removed by bleed ticks as well as physical attacks, it lasts way to short.
    If I am fighting a mob my own lvl, expose weakness is usually used up before the mob is dead, this is whithout using any bleed attacks.
    On bosses where I like to use impale, expose weakness is usually spent up before I have even gotten 5 cp.

So I end up using it at the start of the fight, but almost never reapply it, because I would have to reapply it all the time, instead of using damaging skills.

And easy way to fix this, would be to remove the ticks, and let it stay for 20 seconds. Or if that is to strong, remove the ticks, but reduce the time it stays down to 15 seconds.
    Keep the change, you filthy animal!

correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't expose weakness add the damage to your bleeds as well as physical attacks? therefore it's just free damage... that cant miss?
    insert signature here.

Quote Originally Posted by wurcker View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't expose weakness add the damage to your bleeds as well as physical attacks? therefore it's just free damage... that cant miss?
    It does. But the problem is that it consumes the charges fast even without blleds, when you add the bleeds, the charges are used up in matter of just a few seconds. So if you want to keep it up, you ave to use it every third global cd or so.
    Keep the change, you filthy animal!

Double the charges and take it off the GCD in my opinion.

Telaran

lol those would be a little OP!
    I think they should just let the rogue have only an exposed weackness active at a time (actually putting it in CD untill the first effect applied wear off). This would let Assassin to put it in their macros.
    Otherwise they could give it a fixed CD AND remove it from GCD.

The faster the effect wear off the more dps it add!
    It's exactly what the ability was meant for! The annoyment for it to be repplied is simply due! you have to look at it as if it was a DoT effect the only problem is that it does not have a fixed duration but the faster it wear off the more dps (damage/time) it gives to you.

Regardless of what causes the charge to be used, it's 320 points of damage that you can prep the target with while stealthed. What's the issue? When I want to open up and burst on a target, I like that to be exactly as it is.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Avarix View Post
    Regardless of what causes the charge to be used, it's 320 points of damage that you can prep the target with while stealthed. What's the issue? When I want to open up and burst on a target, I like that to be exactly as it is.
    Exactly what I mean!
    just consider that it must be annoying to Sin to costantly look at their debuff to see if it's still there or not!

Soulwalker

If your dps is above 320, this skill will just make it decrease... Unless it is removed from GCD, Expose weakness is useless for PVE in my opinion

Prophet of Telara

Basically, if you use this on your target before attacking, it'll add about 320 damage over a 20 second period (though it is normally consumed faster).

If you waste a GCD to re-cast it in a fight, you are giving up much more than that to put it back up. It ends up being a shocking 16dps. Pretty weak, like most things in our DPS trees. Say 15% extra poison damage for example....15% of almost nothing is still almost nothing. Calculated out Baneful touch the other day and there is basically no situation in which it will be a dps increase over your other finishers(and in most cases will actually be a decrease).

We just have too many skills that are 100% worthless throughout our trees.
    Last edited by Calo; 04-04-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Telaran

Stick on you Assassin, stick on your rogue Trion will rewam us all I hope they Devs tell that they'll do something about rogue in the next patch if I'm not wrong!
    After all I guess what is needed in the great part of cases is just higthen the damage done by abilities!
    Only few skill/soul need a bigger change (like BD needing a way to use their reactive abilities even when there is a tank around).
    Last edited by algol80; 04-04-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Champion

What about just removing it from GCD and removing the energy cost?

+ Reply to Thread