+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cadence Question.

Soulwalker

Default Cadence Question.

Hey guys, First post but i have looked around and cant seem to find an answer... anyways

so Cadence, It requires a weapon equipped and it deals weapon dmg and life dmg.... (life being spell i assume) Well i am getting ready to get a Planar essence and One is based on Physical Dmg and one is based on spell... so idk which to pick.. my soul setup is Bard/nightblade/ranger and am only a lvl 20 so it wont be there too long i hope lol. Thanks for the help!

Soulwalker

no one have any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Medicap View Post
    no one have any idea?
    Sadly neither, yeah cadence procs both of them actually, but almost all of the spell oens are useless since spellpower doesn't help us. And the physical ones normally add +atk power, or +crit for X amount of seconds on proc.
    I actually am running with the HoT one that procs off of heals. As a bard you will be mainly healing/buffing, your damage means absolutely nothing to the party. My 2nd Greater slot I tossed a lesser in until I can get my hands on the one that increases healing from coda of resto.
    Last edited by Lazerus; 04-04-2011 at 12:33 AM.
    Sabs make people go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K5hl9GgoQg

To bad Rorschach didn't just cleanse it...

Quote Originally Posted by Veldo View Post
    Offline PvP..

Maybe his neighbor is throwing blast charges over the fence and one shotting his pet.

Telaran

Well Bard is my secondary role and I've never investigated much but if I'm not wrog dex is used for bards healing instead of wisdom so I guess/hope that attack power count too and hope phisycal damage poccing abilities too!

Soulwalker

Ok well duly noted guys thanks alot for the help.

I use one that increases spell crit, it seems to help on cadence, and it helps on CoR as well.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Bards are funny. Your abilities are buffed by melee stats (ap/physcrit/hit/dex/str), but you can proc on-spell, on-heal, and on-phys essences and trinkets.

Hinkey, huh?

If you're looking between the lifetap shadesource and the dd/dot flamesource, I'd go for the latter. If it's between the physcrit bonus or ap bonus and their magey counterparts, probably the physical, because I haven't actually looked to see if we get any benefit from those.
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Cadence uses physical stats for damage scaling (AP, phys crit). It does life damage. Phys crit will improve its crit (as opposed to spell crit), but physical damage will not work - it needs non-physical damage modifiers like the NB T3 skill. Note: AP does not add a lot of damage to cadence. It takes a LOT of AP to add significant amounts.

Some healing items will proc off of it, some don't, in my testing. You'll want to buy a 2nd sigil for healing essences for barding. Because of the nature of cadence you will get a lot out of them if you get the right ones, more than others.

Motif of Regeneration does not seem to proc most types of things. The healing verse does proc more, but it's almost impossible to change the amount it heals.

+ Reply to Thread