+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Well performing PvP spec

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Carnagel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default Well performing PvP spec

    Since I've binned the game, thought there was no harm in letting others know about my spec which performed pretty well in PvP - while still doing well in pve, and not requiring any pvp ranks, or even especially decent gear -

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tMG0g0o.x0tocz

    Benefits - constant 20% speed, nice damage with scourge of darkness, burst damage with Hit and Run + Empower + DeadEye following scourge all while kiting, improved twilight force for kiting.

    High survivability - HoT than can proc healing essence, heal off combo's of needed, constant speed, Getaway, repelling shot, twilight shelter, reduced fire damage from fire and death attunement, bard buffs

    Rotation - twilight force/barbed/swift*3 - scourge - hit and run/empower * 2/dead-eye

    Anyhow I had some good times on it, be happy to hear responses. Enjoy

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Carnagel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    Rotation - twilight force/barbed/swift*3 - scourge - hit and run/empower * 2/dead-eye
    Wouldn't let me edit the OP. Anyway -

    Rotation - twilight force/barbed/swift*3 - scourge - hit and run/empower * 2/barbed (or twilight if up)/dead-eye - Riff - dead eye
    Last edited by Carnagel; 04-03-2011 at 05:04 PM.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    Wouldn't let me edit the OP. Anyway -

    Rotation - twilight force/barbed/swift*3 - scourge - hit and run/empower * 2/barbed (or twilight if up)/dead-eye - Riff - dead eye
    Bump, I want to see what other rogues think.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    95

    Default

    looks intresting however I can't see it really killing to many people- But then again im just a die hard assassin kind of guy

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    ...... man, I woulda kept that build a secret.....












    and not the good kinda secret, like a skeletons in the closet kinda secret.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Carnagel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    ...... man, I woulda kept that build a secret.....












    and not the good kinda secret, like a skeletons in the closet kinda secret.
    Failed troll attempt

    Anyone try it out?

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    63

    Default

    The most important aspect of a pvp build is really if it can hurt a healer or not.

    A full MM build does more damage. Emp. Show + Deadeye spam from hit and run is weak without controlled fire. Plus, a MM build could also pick up Anthema once you get the rank for it. Not terribly strong, but can still do more damage and mess with a healer better than your build.

    A full NB does more damage, has a healing debuff, and has more survivability cooldowns.

    a NB/MM hybrid also does better damage and has the healing debuff.

    What does your build do that makes it special? Bard buffs? Decent, but often overwritten by other players, especially if you already have a Bard on your team. Plus, with how hard players hit, the little amount of healing you can do with just the hot and finisher is not going to greatly increase your survivability. A half way decent player is going to laugh at your damage and healing.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Carnagel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Runtile View Post
    The most important aspect of a pvp build is really if it can hurt a healer or not.
    I don't think there currently exists any rogue build that can 1v1 a cleric post 1.1, even with fell blades, if the cleric is even marginally competent. Always happy to be proven incorrect though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Runtile View Post
    A full MM build does more damage. Emp. Show + Deadeye spam from hit and run is weak without controlled fire. Plus, a MM build could also pick up Anthema once you get the rank for it. Not terribly strong, but can still do more damage and mess with a healer better than your build.
    How exactly would a ..what 42MM/24Bard build do more damage than mine? Melted fury/coup de grace/hellfire blades/fire and death +3%/ improved twilight force with the extra 10% damage/ and most importantly scourge vs ...8% extra armour pen, 25% air damage proc, 15% crit chance on emp+deadeye (both of which aren't insta as discussed earlier), Pedestal? probably the most useless pvp skill currently available.

    I'm just not seeing it brah

    Quote Originally Posted by Runtile View Post
    A full NB does more damage, has a healing debuff, and has more survivability cooldowns.
    Definitely does more melee damage, and would do more non-phys damage <20m, but has no speed, no perma stealth, no heals, no buffs, and slightly more survival cd's with trancendence+blackout

    Quote Originally Posted by Runtile View Post
    a NB/MM hybrid also does better damage and has the healing debuff.
    This is probably the only build that offers more ranged dps while still having survivability 'reasonably' close to my build, without the buffs/perma speed/heals. I actually do like the NB/MM and NB/Ranger builds for straight up ranged dps - but that is not what my build is about

    Quote Originally Posted by Runtile View Post
    What does your build do that makes it special? Bard buffs? Decent, but often overwritten by other players, especially if you already have a Bard on your team. Plus, with how hard players hit, the little amount of healing you can do with just the hot and finisher is not going to greatly increase your survivability. A half way decent player is going to laugh at your damage and healing.
    Perma speed. This works when stealthed, is not dependant on cooldowns or 15 second timers from shooting people or finishers, costs no energy, and stacks with getaway

    Heals. You have a constant all the time HoT for non-crit ~100 crit ~160 - all the time - for everyone (5 people max:P) in your group raid within range. You also have a combo point inta heal that non crit heals for ~450. Pop Twilight Shelter/getaway/HoT and you will be running faster than anything in the game and un cc'able for 5 seconds, taking 80% less damage (less really) and healing at ~100 a sec, then pop stealth and continue to heal up.

    Buffs. You get a +40 dex/str buff straight up. Now that is a pretty decent bonus to damage for you and everyone you are grouped with. If it gets overwritten by another bard with boosted buffs then switch to the endo buff

    Group with other rogue's and rather than just be their buffing/healing biatch you can actually contribute with some decent dps from stealth when they attack, and still keep them topped up with the HoT
    Last edited by Carnagel; 04-04-2011 at 09:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts