+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think this is reasonable for MM

Plane Walker

Default I think this is reasonable for MM

MARKSMAN
    * Serrated Ammo : Ranged critical attacks causes the target to bleed for 33-100% of your weapon's damage over 6 seconds. This replaces Sharpshooter talent.
    * Swift Shot: Damage increased.
    * Empowered Shot: Damage increased.
    * Deadeye Shot: Damage increased.
    * Repelling Shot: Can no longer miss, be dodged, or parried.
    * Strafe: Damage increased. Will now continue to fire if first attack misses.
    * Quick Shot: Increases Marksmen's ranged attack speed by reducing cast time of ranged attacks by 30% for 10-60 seconds.
    * Static Shot: Now generates 1 combo point.
    * Sniper Training: Sniper's Pedestal now has a 33-100% chance for finishers to give a combo point. Marksmen's Pedestal gives combo point generating abilties a 10-30% chance to add an additional combo point.

Trion feel free to copy and paste this is the next update notes. I think these are reasonable and sensible changes. Sniper Training, at least, is usefull now and gives more reason to go 51 points without exploiting the ranger talent that gives finishers an additional combo point.

Now for my one, possibly too much idea.

* Improved Repelling Shot: In addition to additional targets, the primary target becomes stunned for 2 seconds.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-03-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Marksmen don't get Quick Shot, that's a Ranger skill.

I'd get rid of pedestal all together. They are completely worthless unless for PVE.
    "Men who believe absurdities will commit atrocities."

Sniper's Pedestal
    No Cost
    Casting Time: 1.0 Second
    Creates a pedestal at the Rogue's location for 3 minutes. The pedestal increases the Rogue's damage with ranged weapons by 30%. You can only have 1 pedestal active at a time.
    Requires: 51 Points Spent in Marksman
    Requires: Level 50

Ground of Strength
    6% Mana
    Casting Time: 1.5 Second
    Places a temporary field at the Mage's location for 3 minutes. While the Mage remains within the field, they take 30% less damage, are immune to crowd control effects and their damaging attacks have a 30% chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Only 1 Ground may be active at a time.
    Requires: 44 Points Spent in Pyromancer
    Requires: Level 44

Just replace the pedestal at 51 with an exact copy of GoS, and even though I have to go deeper into MM to get it than a pyro, I'd still be chuffed to bits

Plane Walker

Yeah it is supposed to be Rapid Fire Shot. Ran out of time to edit.

I thought about the pedestal removal too, but I like how it gives the class two different ways to play. Stand still or kiting. The problem is to lack of synergy in the soul itself. So many of the talents improve mobility but nothing to make it worth going after the stand still abilities. The 30% damage can be easily achieved outside the soul without sacrificing mobility. There are absolutly no talents in the tree that give incentive to go deep.

I want them to give actualy usefull talents, not some BS increase for every point spent above 21. Ranger is the only tree that does that properly as all the abilities are usefull to some extent and worth taking.

By the way I'm not to worried about PVP. The soul as it is does enough to provide viable PVP choice, just needs the proper damage boost to get rid of its peashooter status it currently has.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-03-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    Sniper's Pedestal
    No Cost
    Creates a pedestal at the Rogue's location for 3 minutes. The pedestal increases the Rogue's damage with ranged weapons by 30%. You can only have 1 pedestal active at a time.

Ground of Strength
    6% Mana
    Casting Time: 1.5 Second
    Places a temporary field at the Mage's location for 3 minutes. While the Mage remains within the field, they take 30% less damage, are immune to crowd control effects and their damaging attacks have a 30% chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Only 1 Ground may be active at a time.
    Requires: 44 Points Spent in Pyromancer
    Requires: Level 44

Just replace the pedestal at 51 with an exact copy of GoS, and even though I have to go deeper into MM to get it than a pyro, I'd still be chuffed to bits
    Problem with GoS is the only counter is a focus fire attack on the mage. Unless some one knows another way to remove the affects of it.

Or how about this -

Sniper's Pedestal
    No Cost
    Creates a pedestal at the Rogue's location for 3 minutes. The pedestal increases the Rogue's range with ranged weapons by 30%. You can only have 1 pedestal active at a time.

Snipers are all about the long range kills..no?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    Or how about this -

Sniper's Pedestal
    No Cost
    Creates a pedestal at the Rogue's location for 3 minutes. The pedestal increases the Rogue's range with ranged weapons by 30%. You can only have 1 pedestal active at a time.

Snipers are all about the long range kills..no?
    If you want to go literal then I would expect long range, accuracy, and heavy damage. We have range talent, the accuracy talents are not needed with hit gear, and heavy damage was taken away.

That would be a terrible change. It would make us ever more usless in PVE and reduce our DPS even more. Not to mention it adds absolutly nothing to PVP.

So say you can hit from 45.5m away with sniper pedestal (max range with your fix idea).

The target backs up.

You move forward out of pedestal.

You are now 10.5 meters out of range and your target is free to run away if you were an actual threat.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-03-2011 at 06:28 PM.

I want them to be buffed, as it my preferred soul for both PvE and PvP, but I think the OP is too much. Just return them to beta status.

I don't like seeing the giant adjustments to souls that Trion has been putting out. Over-nerf, over-buff, just causes more issues. A little buff to dps for the core shots is all we need to put out competitive dps.

The pedestals, in their current iteration as casted and static buff areas, need to go away. They should be replaced with auras that refresh for x seconds as long as the rogue is standing still. It couldnt hurt to give those auras some type of group buff as well.

In addition, strafe needs to be a baseline MM attack that functions like cadence. Talents further up in the MM tree could improve strafe to fire more, for more damage, and generate 3/4/5 (or whatever) combo points.

The shots that proc movement speed need to be replaced with attack power or crit buffs instead, and all MM shots should be usable at melee range.

C'mon Trion. This isn't funny anymore.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    I want them to be buffed, as it my preferred soul for both PvE and PvP, but I think the OP is too much. Just return them to beta status.

I don't like seeing the giant adjustments to souls that Trion has been putting out. Over-nerf, over-buff, just causes more issues. A little buff to dps for the core shots is all we need to put out competitive dps.
    The goal behind my ideas was to give reasons to go MM and actually a reason to go to 51 points. I do agree with you on Trions trigger happy buffs/nerfs. It's just too hard to ignore that the soul itself seems like it was a last minute idea and has little synergy between talents and abilities. Problme is sometimes changing the way an ability works better then chagning the damage.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-03-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    The goal behind my ideas was to give reasons to go MM and actually a reason to go to 51 points. I do agree with you on Trions trigger happy buffs/nerfs. It's just too hard to ignore that the soul itself seems like it was a last minute idea and has little synergy between talents and abilities. Problme is sometimes changing the way an ability works better then chagning the damage.
    Yeah, and I agree with you, the pedestals are garbage. However, I just think a re-design of the tree is very unlikely, and will take a long time. So for now I just want them to go in and revert the idiotic nerf they made after beta. A couple edits to skill damage couldn't take more than an hour to fix.

For ordinary PvE the pedestals aren't really a problem, as you can stay on the pedestal and keep firing even with an enemy up in your face. But it is odd how half the stuff focuses on mobility and half not. They need to decide what the focus is, and stick to it.

+ Reply to Thread