+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why don't crits have a damage range?

Default Why don't crits have a damage range?

I think I might be missing something, but it appears that crits don't have a damage range where regular attacks do. I've found the best way to show this is through auto shots, so below is a parse showing this. I've found the same thing happens to skills as well.

Again, I think I'm missing something and if I am it would be great if someone could explain it, cheers.
    http://i53.tinypic.com/2dvrax2.png

Rift Disciple

I dunno. I noticed the same thing when I was testing Ranger damage earlier this week to see if my finisher damage goes down if I have Opportunity specced (And yes, my finisher's crit damage went down by 8 points the moment I spent 3 more points in the Ranger soul to pick up Opportunity).

There is so much stuff in the game that is broke I don't really care anymore.

Shadowlander

/bump

very interesting

Soulwalker

personally I liked it when I could hit scourge of darkness and if the first one crit, they all crit

bump
    10char

I don't see what's the problem. Looks like critical damage is 150% of max regular damage.

What more than this would you want? Why would variability in output be desirable?

Quote Originally Posted by Saeyon View Post
    personally I liked it when I could hit scourge of darkness and if the first one crit, they all crit
    and when 1 was dodged they all ?

yea the new change is much better overall dps.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Im not sure why this is a question.
    Why is any arbitrary game element what it is?
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    I don't see what's the problem. Looks like critical damage is 150% of max regular damage.

What more than this would you want? Why would variability in output be desirable?
    I agree. If your crits are always the best possible damage, that just makes 1% crit a little more dps increase than just 0.5% over time. (and more than 0.7 with sin sub?)

I'm a little more concerned about what tarrantm said about opportunity, but its likely theres a proc or something he's not taking into account. Like something from his planar focus. Would need to be reproduced.
    Last edited by Grapefruit; 04-04-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
    Im not sure why this is a question.
    Why is any arbitrary game element what it is?
    I was simply wondering if this was an intended mechanic or a bug, I never said it was a problem, but thanks for the replies. Perhaps should have phrased the question better in OP.

+ Reply to Thread