+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard build for PVP?

Telaran

Default Bard build for PVP?

Most of the bard builds that I see on the forums are focused for pve. What soul combinations do you all think would be best for pvp in warfronts? Bard/Riftstalker/Infiltrator would have very high survivability, I'd imagine, but would that kind of combination provide enough damage to make your cadence actually heal?

Bard/RS/NB if you want more healing on cadence

Bard/RS/inf if you want more survivability
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-03-2011 at 03:08 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Telaran

I run http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kqz.Vhx0hVbokk personally. It's pretty difficult to kill, you can Verse of Captivation/Rune Prison someone and cap a node before it ends, tons of absorbed damage, a couple cooldowns for survivability, plus tons of mobility. I mainly use it for holding flags/fang/sourcestones or defending nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsz View Post
    I run http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kqz.Vhx0hVbokk personally. It's pretty difficult to kill, you can Verse of Captivation/Rune Prison someone and cap a node before it ends, tons of absorbed damage, a couple cooldowns for survivability, plus tons of mobility. I mainly use it for holding flags/fang/sourcestones or defending nodes.
    4 point for a weaker version of RIFT GUARD is stupid imho.

Spend 2 point for RIFT GUARD instead of 4 then use this macro

#show Power chord
    cast power chord
    cast rift guard

use this when a fight start then proceed with your usual rotation. Easy and fast.

Im not a big fan of RESONANCE in pvp either... 5% stats for 5 points are spent better elsewhere, thats always IMHO xD
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-03-2011 at 03:28 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Soulwalker

I agree with Atreiu. I play on a PvP server, and I would not survive without 11 in Riftstalker. Rift Guard is that important to my survival. I usually Riff/Riftguard early and sometimes Rift Guard again as a combo breaker depending on if I'm being focus fired.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    4 point for a weaker version of RIFT GUARD is stupid imho.

Spend 2 point for RIFT GUARD instead of 4 then use this macro

#show Power chord
    cast power chord
    cast rift guard

use this when a fight start then proceed with your usual rotation. Easy and fast.

Im not a big fan of RESONANCE in pvp either... 5% stats for 5 points are spent better elsewhere, thats always IMHO xD
    I didn't take rift guard b/c i felt like the overall damage prevention would be negated by the healing from coda of restoration. From a personal survivability standpoint I'm sure its better to take rift guard, but from an overall group perspective I'm not sure it is.

+ Reply to Thread