+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The "Please Buff Rogue" Thread.

Plane Touched

Default The "Please Buff Rogue" Thread.

I have spent over 20 plat for resetting my soul over and over trying to find a viable PVE DPS build for my rogue (This is just melee, I have spent over 20 plat on ranged as well). I have tried just about every build there is to try, and the best I can come up with sits around 650-750 single target dps using 40-44 NB, 17-18 Assassin, 5-6 (Ranger, Rift stalker, or Sabatour for the 5%/15% stat bonuses).

Now here comes the part that upsets me, I have spent a lot of time gearing my rogue (All epic gear, most of which cannot be upgraded aside from raid gear)... The other day I did a T1 zone with a warrior from my guild that just hit 50 the other day (He was wearing mostly blues that were from either CC/AP normal, or random T1 drops), and he was doing the same amount of damage as me. I play my character at 110%. A friend of mine, a mage, hits 800-900 single target dps wearing gear of similar stature as mine, Warrior friends in similar gear are hitting around 800-1.1k dps in similar gear.

Now you can say well, a rogue can tank... Guess what, a rogue doesn't wear plate, so if I had to choose between a rogue tank and warrior tank, the choice is warrior 100%, even if his gear isn't as good as the rogues.

You can say A rogue can support... Most rogue support buffs (basically all the anthems) override buffs from other support classes (most notably chloromancer). Now, a chloromancer generally offers much more support in terms of mana/energy conservation, heals, and it can even dps more (I've seen chloros hit 400 DPS while healing a butt ton).

My point - We rogues need a huge buff. We are being out DPS'd by every single other class (Yes, I've been out parsed by a cleric too!), Our support souls are out supported by other classes support souls, and our tanking soul only works in T1/T2/Raid if you already have all the gear that drops from said tiers.

PVE rogue is completely useless. I'm not even going to get into a discussion about ranged, as every ranged spec I've tried is simply pathetic.

Trion, please buff the rogues! Rogues and mages should be Neck and Neck for the top damage dealers in the game. Someone who mitigates close to 2x the damage that I can should not be doing more DPS than me. I'm not asking you to nerf other classes, I'm asking you to restore the rogue to a playable and accepted class.

If you agree please /sign
    If you disagree then either post evidence that contradicts my statement, or go whine somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
    I have spent over 20 plat for resetting my soul over and over trying to find a viable PVE DPS build for my rogue (This is just melee, I have spent over 20 plat on ranged as well). I have tried just about every build there is to try, and the best I can come up with sits around 650-750 single target dps using 40-44 NB, 17-18 Assassin, 5-6 (Ranger, Rift stalker, or Sabatour for the 5%/15% stat bonuses).

Now here comes the part that upsets me, I have spent a lot of time gearing my rogue (All epic gear, most of which cannot be upgraded aside from raid gear)... The other day I did a T1 zone with a warrior from my guild that just hit 50 the other day (He was wearing mostly blues that were from either CC/AP normal, or random T1 drops), and he was doing the same amount of damage as me. I play my character at 110%. A friend of mine, a mage, hits 800-900 single target dps wearing gear of similar stature as mine, Warrior friends in similar gear are hitting around 800-1.1k dps in similar gear.

Now you can say well, a rogue can tank... Guess what, a rogue doesn't wear plate, so if I had to choose between a rogue tank and warrior tank, the choice is warrior 100%, even if his gear isn't as good as the rogues.

You can say A rogue can support... Most rogue support buffs (basically all the anthems) override buffs from other support classes (most notably chloromancer). Now, a chloromancer generally offers much more support in terms of mana/energy conservation, heals, and it can even dps more (I've seen chloros hit 400 DPS while healing a butt ton).

My point - We rogues need a huge buff. We are being out DPS'd by every single other class (Yes, I've been out parsed by a cleric too!), Our support souls are out supported by other classes support souls, and our tanking soul only works in T1/T2/Raid if you already have all the gear that drops from said tiers.

PVE rogue is completely useless. I'm not even going to get into a discussion about ranged, as every ranged spec I've tried is simply pathetic.

Trion, please buff the rogues! Rogues and mages should be Neck and Neck for the top damage dealers in the game. Someone who mitigates close to 2x the damage that I can should not be doing more DPS than me. I'm not asking you to nerf other classes, I'm asking you to restore the rogue to a playable and accepted class.

If you agree please /sign
    If you disagree then either post evidence that contradicts my statement, or go whine somewhere else.
    Completely agree. I am just about full T1 gear . Fresh 50 War first time on a IT run and matched my parse or beat it every pull. I did not realize melee rogue was this destroyed . if i would have realized it i would have went caster or cleric , Absloutely ridiculous

i knew in beta warriors had top dps. bm were the highest by such a large margin in beta that i knew they would be king at 50... but at the end of beta 7 they nerfed bm hard, and i thought it was hard enough but i realized later that it wasnt lol. so shoulda went with bm (what i played in beta) instead of marksman... hate myself now but it's life!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread