+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So few Blade Dancers?

Soulwalker

Default So few Blade Dancers?

Why is Blade Dancer seem rare? I am new to the game and am playing a BD rogue. What is so wrong with it?

I have a blade dancer too, but not as a "main" soul...as a melee they are weak and squishy so far, so i use a hunter for ranged...and if the mob gets close enough SHING I whip out the swords and dance all over them....okay that might be all in my head because the blade dancer moves are hawt....but yeah, pretty but not powerful enough over all.

L to R: Jadeth, Ivo, Emaranthe, Jaeger
    Rift Fan Fiction!Ch. 11 of Book 3 is here! New web address: www.writezalot.com
    "The most articulated value in Greek culture is Areté. Translated as "virtue," the word actually means something closer to "being the best you can be,"

Soulwalker

Im sure i will get flamed for this, but i dont quite care. I had the idea of mixing BD with Riftstalker to get some added survivability. it probably will never be a cookie cutter build but im going to try it any way

RIFT Guide Writer

Bladedancers are in my opinion the most fun soul of all the rogue souls. Sadly it only shows its best sides when doing solo questing/grinding, however I would say it is the best rogue soul for that. All the reactive abilities are lost in a group scenario when someone else is tanking. By cycling through cooldown abilities you can actually get decent (by rogue standards) party/raid dps but it will still fall behind the usual nightblade builds.

Plane Touched

It doesn't really do anything special. A soul that intends for you to get hit, or mitigate those hits rather, but offers no durability otherwise. So it's not very useful beyond farming normal mobs, and farming normal mobs isn't useful without points into riftstalker for the heal. I use it to do rep dailies.

It's very weak for end-game content. It's easily one of the most fun Rogue souls, but in a calling that most agree is already lagging a bit behind in terms of melee DPS Bladedancer is the runt.

Plane Touched

It is a hybrid soul. BD is an offensive soul that improves upon and relies in many ways on avoidance (which you won't get in most group settings as dps). One way to work on this is to have something higher up in the soul that allows procs of the avoidance stuff (like Reprisal) from the BD's attacks or maybe a buff on the tank (when the tank dodges/parries an attack, the BD's avoidance stuff lights up)
    Faeblight - Defiant: Ghaeleah, Eladria, Mala, Danoria, Azshannya
    Estrael - Guardian: Reah, Shilania, Kethrah, Tulania, Azshannya

Quote Originally Posted by KahnyaGnorc View Post
    One way to work on this is to have something higher up in the soul that allows procs of the avoidance stuff ... [from] a buff on the tank (when the tank dodges/parries an attack, the BD's avoidance stuff lights up)
    That is the best idea for fixing this class that I have ever heard. Seriously that's brilliant.

RIFT Guide Writer

I find BD great for making PVP builds. BD/Rift/Sin such as http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Azsoohdz.0VRMb

4 Gap closers, including 1 Stun/root/snare break, 1 root/snare break
    Spammable snare
    Stealth
    Sprint buff
    2 22 second damage buffs
    Increased hit points (always good in pvp)
    50% Dodge dance
    Could go for Blind also

Ascendant

Bladedancers are fun as heck when soloing. With Contra Tempo you're going to have combo points piling up at an incredible rate. Not to mention the Side Steps + Dancing Steel combo later on for slicing whole swarms of mobs to pieces every 2 minutes. Drop 13 from Riftstalker for Rift Scavenger (and Plane Shifting buffs and survivability passives as a bonus) and you have, arguably, one of the best Rogue soloing builds there is.

Sadly when you drop it into a group it feels like only half a soul as you have to sacrifice most of what makes the Bladedancer so fun; the evasive and reactive abilities. More than anything else the soul needs a way to use those skills in a group setting. Not just for DPS but to keep the Bladedancer's "feel" in tact too.

The idea of letting the reactives light up off a tank's dodges and parries via the Rogue placing a buff on him would do wonders for the soul and his been called for ever since beta.
    Last edited by Kedon; 04-03-2011 at 01:58 PM.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...tstalker-Guide

That is a beautiful build for leveling. So much faster then bard/ranger and with just as little down time.

Rift Disciple

It is great for questing and levelingnup to 50. One nice bonus is if an assasin tries to gank you while questing you can probably beat them even if they open on you. Even more so if you have all your buffs up from fighting mobs (or better yet a 5cp mob on low health sitting around to grab life from). I have rogues pop out of stealth on me fairly often, and they get melted by the rs/bd combo. In warfronts/raids sadly it's not that great =\

I'm trying to make it work in PvP, so far it's not so bad but I've had easier times with my warrior and mage. I love the silence though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by depratt View Post
    Why is Blade Dancer seem rare? I am new to the game and am playing a BD rogue. What is so wrong with it?
    Because BD and Assassin are the worst souls in the game currently . melee DPS is horrid of these two with low survivablity but it does not shows its ugliness until the end game . they solo well but thats about it.

Soulwalker

As usual people guesstimate and dont do enough testing before they rack down on a soul, BD teamed with nb and/or assassin is a very strong pve build when the person behind the toon knows what he's doing, seriously test some more with tempo timing and learn the boss/raidfights and i think you will change your opinion about BD, with BD its ALL about timing your cd's at the right moment and that is the real reason theres not alot of BD's, its less of a "lolspam" class then the rest of melee classes and a badly played BD is really bad.

Most people want a simple rotation and dislike long cd's and cd timing (dont know why) , the only tweak i would want to see done to bd's is to make their 2 target aoe spammer into a 3 target , aside from that its pretty fine (rogue's need faster energy regen, its insane to have a 1sec gcd and ALL rogue abilities scaled down to accomodate for this fact and then give us the same gcd as warriors 15 seconds into the fight due to broken energy mechanic's... i mean either fix our energy regen or scale up our abilities to match the warriors)
    Last edited by Furok; 04-03-2011 at 06:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast