+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone having any luck?

Default Anyone having any luck?

I've been playing the rogue class in MMO's for about 10 years. I've managed to make a pretty beastly Bard spec for Warfronts, but I'm just wondering if anyone has a competitive offensive / damage spec? I'm geared out for PvP and have one of the best bows in the game so far, but Im noticing that A) Warrior range burst damage still beats me in Marksman and B) One tick of Mage AoE hits harder than my (positional, single target) Backstab in Assassin

What is now our most viable Warfront "killer" spec as far as 1.1 goes?

I'm considering Nightblade...

I Write Junk - TheStarvingGamer.com

Prophet of Telara

I've been using this, and it seems to be about as good as it gets for now.

Frankly, even an all out spec for DPS with little survivability will not get you the DPS of other classes, but if you use the tools you have you can generally do pretty good. I win way more than I lose in evenly numbered fights.

Truth be told though, balance is stupidly non-existent right now.

Rift Master

I keep trying loads of different builds, the only ones that seem to work are ones that feature heavy nightblade, heavy assassin or both, there is a 2min sabo build i posted, but there squishiness makes them pretty weak unless they have a good team with them.

Looks like I may have to give in and go Sin/NB and I was really hoping I didn't have to go fully that way, but with every other mage being a pyro or a lollock (necro/lock necro/lock/archon) every other warrior being champ/para/pala and every other cleric justi/inq or inq/cab/puri doesn't really leave me with much choice.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    I keep trying loads of different builds, the only ones that seem to work are ones that feature heavy nightblade, heavy assassin or both, there is a 2min sabo build i posted, but there squishiness makes them pretty weak unless they have a good team with them.

Looks like I may have to give in and go Sin/NB and I was really hoping I didn't have to go fully that way, but with every other mage being a pyro or a lollock (necro/lock necro/lock/archon) every other warrior being champ/para/pala and every other cleric justi/inq or inq/cab/puri doesn't really leave me with much choice.
    This is my main problem right now. Without a way to mitigate healing, there is no assassinating anything. Without 32 points into NB, there is no real way to mitigate healing, which is 100% a must for PvP if you want anything to actually die.

The assassin soul isn't very assassin-y. It only has a few damage-increasing abilities and non of them do very much. Seriously, 4% physical damage? Laugh. A 100% of weapon damage bleed for 3 points? Laugh...what is that, like 30 extra dps for a top tier weapon(if it is always stacked 3x, which isn't all that common)? Biggest hit I've seen from Assassinate is about 1.2k damage. Not very much when you consider that the squishiest of classes are running with 4.5k HP and every class seems to have ways of healing in combat.

The way poisons are implemented pretty much sucks, and they add up to very little damage overall. Rogue souls seem like an after-thought.
    Last edited by Calo; 04-03-2011 at 12:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread