+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Tanking T1/T2 Gear

Rift Disciple

Default Rogue Tanking T1/T2 Gear

I had a few questions about tanking gear for myself that I figured could best be answered on here.

Right now I have okay T1 equips: They net me 66 Toughness, 8.9k hp self-buffed, ~14% dodge including BD passives , and about 4% Parry, 4.9k armor with combo buffs and bard buffs up. My Dex is only around 340, but my dodge is somewhere near 500.

I feel as though because I have to gear for toughness, I'm losing out almost completely on better pure dex gear for a higher damage mitigation through dodge. My question is whether or not dodge is even important to a rogue tank, or if I should be focusing more on just acquiring super high endurance items to the exclusion of all else.

I mean, if I have a 1h weapon with 28 endurance, 10 dodge, 10 parry, or a weapon with 28 dodge, 10 parry, 10 end, assuming even +hit stats and dps, which would be the better choice?

Plane Touched

You are probably not going to like the answer, but it is: It depends. If your healer can keep you up relatively well from spike damage (I know, rather subjective, but that's the way things are), then concentrating on avoidance and threat/dps will likely yield better results than the continue to stack EH (Health + Mitigation). However, if you are unsure (and you can maintain threat), then EH stacking is the "safe" method (Spike damage kills more often than the higher mana drain that low avoidance tanking causes)
    Faeblight - Defiant: Ghaeleah, Eladria, Mala, Danoria, Azshannya
    Estrael - Guardian: Reah, Shilania, Kethrah, Tulania, Azshannya

+ Reply to Thread