+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: Archmage vs Infiltrator

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default Archmage vs Infiltrator

    Trion why is there such a huge difference in these two souls. Archmage is LEAPS ahead... I would kill for a 30 percent crit bonus. 15percent damage bonus against players vs 6percent... O i forget we got a 10percent armor pen... Seriously Tron get with it.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara xaed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
    Trion why is there such a huge difference in these two souls. Archmage is LEAPS ahead... I would kill for a 30 percent crit bonus. 15percent damage bonus against players vs 6percent... O i forget we got a 10percent armor pen... Seriously Tron get with it.
    /signed
    /bumped

    well, given that they got the devs from mythic.. brightwizard anyone? We all know the devs wanted that to be the strongest class. Makes sense.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    i played a sorc and bw in warhammer to rr80, this is a whole different beast simply because they can mitigate over 50percent of damage. 10 from elemental, 30from gos, 10 from valor

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    I will /sign this as well.

    While we are talking about gross imbalances, why are the Defiant racial abilities so much better then the guardian abilities.

    Guardian Motivational Roar, 30% runspeed for 15 seconds 2 minute cooldown,
    Defiant version is , 70% runspeed for 15 seconds 2 minute cooldown.

    Guardian also get Dwarf who can "fall further" then all other races, where Defiant gets the fox form thing.

    Only the Leap is similar between the 2 factions.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Guardian 30% run speed is group wide, Defiants is self only, and i take a lot of damn falling damage, wtb dwarf racial vs fox racial i never use

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara xaed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilent View Post
    Guardian 30% run speed is group wide, Defiants is self only, and i take a lot of damn falling damage, wtb dwarf racial vs fox racial i never use
    When they nerfed the Kelari racial, they made sure it was every definition of the word, but hey! At least when you die you might drop [Fox Tear]
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    809

    Default

    yes because these racials are sooo game defining!

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara xaed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liper View Post
    yes because these racials are sooo game defining!
    In Open World PvP, they can be. Warrs with a double leap, a group with a pre combat movement buff, sins with a 15% dash in stealth, and players that can drop [Fox Tear]
    Last edited by xaed; 04-03-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

  9. #9
    Ascendant exLupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
    Trion why is there such a huge difference in these two souls. Archmage is LEAPS ahead... I would kill for a 30 percent crit bonus. 15percent damage bonus against players vs 6percent... O i forget we got a 10percent armor pen... Seriously Tron get with it.
    Nice cherry picking.
    Mage:
    Planar Attunement: 15% raw bonus
    Disastrous Consequences: 10% crit for 10 seconds out of every 20, based on chance proc.
    Overload: 30% bonus to crit magnitude, not frequency.
    Nenvin's Lament: 1 free crit every 3 minutes.

    Rogue:
    Penetrating Strikes: 10% armor pen
    Knock Knock: 10% crit at all times
    Murderous Thoughts: 6% raw bonus
    Focused Intent: 20% raw bonus, stacks for 1 in 3 hits up to 10 @ 2% per stack.
    Countering Strikes: 15% ap bonus after dodge/parry
    Ambush: Summons 3 npc helpers for 30s out of every 5 min.

    Looks like Trion "seriously" got with it already.

    Edit: Just to summarize in case it wasn't clear. Damage add totals for going up the straight damage tree.
    Mage: 5% crit over time, 30% magnitude, 15% damage, 1 free crit
    Rogue: 10% crit over time, 15% ap, 26% damage over time, 3 free pressure npcs
    Last edited by exLupo; 04-03-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Terpsichore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Such a small armor penetration bonus is useless.

    Attack power is also useless.

  11. #11
    Ascendant exLupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsichore View Post
    Such a small armor penetration bonus is useless.

    Attack power is also useless.
    Since you have provided no numbers and simply left us with "nuh uh" expect your post to be disregarded. Even without those, the rogue's comparable skills will be left with 5% more crit and 9% more raw damage. The 30% bonus to crit is just about as useful/less as ap and arp as it's damage bump isn't 30% all the time, just 30% of when you crit so divide it by whatever the mage's crit is to evaluate over-time usefulness.

    They're about on par with eachother. Unless anyone has any numbers to show a substantial difference and can use those numbers in an objective, contextual comparison between the two classes (see: impossible) then I think this thread is done.

    Also, nerf GoS. It's like pre-nerf Titan's. Every time I read the ability my brain cracks a little.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    While these may be "on par" since Inf is up all the time, keep in mind that rogues don't NEED it up all the time. We NEED it up when we are trying to assassinate that damn healer or OP pyro.

    I'd gladly take a larger bonus for a short amount of time so I can actually do my job in PvP. Then again, I seem to recall "stealth wars" from Mythic's DAoC being very prevalent when I quit the game.

    What is that you ask? While everyone else was taking part in sieges, rogues were fighting each other because that is the only thing they were powerful enough to kill. It is disappointing to hear that anyone from that fail company is on this dev team.

    *edit* Also, nothing is really "on par" since our class dps isn't near par to begin with :P
    Last edited by Calo; 04-03-2011 at 12:16 PM.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Mages dont need armor pen since all of their dmg is focused against resists. I know this is a rogue vs mage topic but it kills me when people complain about Wars plate mitigation when it doesnt even factor into a mages dmg aka 100% armor pen. I'd also take +30% crit dmg over 10% armor penetration and 15% ap.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    Nice cherry picking.
    Mage:
    Planar Attunement: 15% raw bonus
    Disastrous Consequences: 10% crit for 10 seconds out of every 20, based on chance proc.
    Overload: 30% bonus to crit magnitude, not frequency.
    Nenvin's Lament: 1 free crit every 3 minutes.

    Rogue:
    Penetrating Strikes: 10% armor pen
    Knock Knock: 10% crit at all times
    Murderous Thoughts: 6% raw bonus
    Focused Intent: 20% raw bonus, stacks for 1 in 3 hits up to 10 @ 2% per stack.
    Countering Strikes: 15% ap bonus after dodge/parry
    Ambush: Summons 3 npc helpers for 30s out of every 5 min.

    Looks like Trion "seriously" got with it already.

    Edit: Just to summarize in case it wasn't clear. Damage add totals for going up the straight damage tree.
    Mage: 5% crit over time, 30% magnitude, 15% damage, 1 free crit
    Rogue: 10% crit over time, 15% ap, 26% damage over time, 3 free pressure npcs
    Your summary is a ****ing joke. 30percent chance to apply a 2percent damage buff to THAT target stackable up to 10 times. So i guess you beat on tanks all day? LOL the bads that play this game are hilarious

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    Mages dont need armor pen since all of their dmg is focused against resists. I know this is a rogue vs mage topic but it kills me when people complain about Wars plate mitigation when it doesnt even factor into a mages dmg aka 100% armor pen. I'd also take +30% crit dmg over 10% armor penetration and 15% ap.
    Rogues don't need armor penetration either. We shouldn't be attacking tanks with 8-9k HP. We need the tools to take out the targets we should be focusing on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts