+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tank

Soulwalker

Default tank

whats a good tank combo..riftstalker and what or other?lvl 40 here and want to make up a tank,long range combo...it trial and error with what to spend the points in

Champion

After putting a ****load of points into the RS tree it all comes down to personally preference to be completely honest.

I've seen people give up life for avoidance, (Take BD over bard or something), give up life for more AoE tanking (Give up bard for NB). After the initial spending like at least 45 points in RS it's pretty flexible. Personally I go 50 RS/8 Ranger/8 BD. This gives me a 30 meter skill which I pull with and I get RG up before the mobs even start hitting me.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    After putting a ****load of points into the RS tree it all comes down to personally preference to be completely honest.

I've seen people give up life for avoidance, (Take BD over bard or something), give up life for more AoE tanking (Give up bard for NB). After the initial spending like at least 45 points in RS it's pretty flexible. Personally I go 50 RS/8 Ranger/8 BD. This gives me a 30 meter skill which I pull with and I get RG up before the mobs even start hitting me.
    yeah to many choices to try guess it makes the game fun in everyone is different

Soulwalker

As a starting point, have a look at this guide to Rifstalker tanking.

~ST.

Plane Touched

Blade Dancer (avoidance/threat), Bard (most health/ranged combo generator), and Ranger (some health/mitigation/ranged combo generator) seem to be the most popular souls (pick any 2 of them); however, people have reported doing well with various subspecs, including Nightblade, Assassin, and Saboteur.
    Faeblight - Defiant: Ghaeleah, Eladria, Mala, Danoria, Azshannya
    Estrael - Guardian: Reah, Shilania, Kethrah, Tulania, Azshannya

Plane Touched

Tried the avoidance thing, and I just took a ton of damage. So, instead, I am going with bard, (Adds up to a total of 6% chance to decrease damage in some way, so figured this was better than 5 chance of something else) and ranger for extra health and mitigation. The biggest thing is, I lose a CD, which we are already lacking.

Serious though, why do we need 6 different shifts? Sure, they are fun, and having two or three is great, but can we trade in one or two for a REAL CD?

+ Reply to Thread