+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impale

Rift Chaser

Default Impale

Does anyone use Impale? By the time I build up 5 combo points, there is usually not 16 seconds left of battle.

Maybe it is good for long boss battles.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Does anyone use Impale? By the time I build up 5 combo points, there is usually not 16 seconds left of battle.

Maybe it is good for long boss battles.
    If you are not using impale there is something wrong with you.

Opener:
    Jagged strike > puncture > impale > sit back and enjoy them melt.

Shadowlander

I agree, that's the opener I use. I love impale.

-KunoNoOni

Rift Chaser

Jagged strike gives me three combo points, puncture gives two more. By then the fight is 40% over.

Why would I use a dot that takes 16 seconds to tick off if a fight only lasts maybe 8 - 10 seconds after I use it? 501 damage from impale over 16 seconds is about 32 damage per second. After 10 seconds, that is only 320 damage. Deadly Strike does 408 instant damage.

Instead of saying that there is something wrong with me, why don't you explain why I would use a dot that will only tick through half way before the fight ends?

Trying to learn here.
    Last edited by Yirk; 04-03-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Soulwalker

because the answers are for instances,not for soloing-no one really cares about non eltie lvl 50 mobs

Shadowlander

Jagged strike gives me three combo points, puncture gives two more. By then the fight is 40% over.

Why would I use a dot that takes 16 seconds to tick off if a fight only lasts maybe 8 - 10 seconds after I use it? 501 damage from impale over 16 seconds is about 32 damage per second. After 10 seconds, that is only 320 damage. Deadly Strike does 408 instant damage.

Instead of saying that there is something wrong with me, why don't you explain why I would use a dot that will only tick through half way before the fight ends?

Trying to learn here.
    because impale does 250dmg per tick... for a total of 2k dmg. So basically you do jagged strike, puncture, impale and Slip Away and taunt them in stealth while they slowly bleed to death...

Trying to learn here.
    Jagged Strike and Impale both crits for around 300 damage, unless the target has some sort of heals, the aforementioned opener will kill any target. Just open up dot dot dot slip away and laugh.
    Inglorious Basterds
    Whitefall EU PvP
    Aleteh - 50 Rogue
    5/5 GSB - 2/4 RoS - 4/4 GP

Rift Chaser

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Seems reasonable for instances, not so necessary for solo leveling.

Shadowlander

Also, for soloing, if you dont have rift scavenger 3, your failing for the grind, impale lets you build up points for the heal on death...should easily be able to get 3-5 points for a 18% to 30% heal afterwards

better question, wtf u leveling as assassin for? this spec imo is 100% for pvp and i only use it as such...

so when you ask a question like this, 99% of the answers will be for pvp because that is what you should be using this spec for...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    better question, wtf u leveling as assassin for? this spec imo is 100% for pvp and i only use it as such...

so when you ask a question like this, 99% of the answers will be for pvp because that is what you should be using this spec for...
    I leveled 1-50 as sin, not 1 problem at all.

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the suggestion on Rift Scavenger. I usually just use a drink when I need to recover hp but this seems a good choice too. Tough choice to think where I would give up 13 points from my other souls but will think about it.

+ Reply to Thread