+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Sab Rogue

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default Sab Rogue

    Why is it that a Sab Rogue can get charges on mobs and/or a boss without pulling aggro? It just doesn't seem right or fair that they can get full stacks before a pull and be ready to detonate before any aggro is placed. Wouldn't that be equivalent to stacking 5 combo points then being able to do a finishing move, and aoe one at that, before the mob or boss is pulled? Seems like an unfair advantage to me. I think it should be like any other class to stack 'combo points' before being able to do a finisher. I suggest making the charges pull aggro or give other classes an ability to have 5 combo points ready on the mob/boss before a pull.

    I'm sure people will be upset with this post especially after reading all the qq about omg they nerfed Sab, but I still think it's unfair for this, and I'm a Rogue.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara XS142's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Every charge gives 1 combo point,
    and also does 0 (ZERO) damage during build-up.
    There's your reason.

    /thread

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Yeah I get that there is 0 damage during build-up, but it still gives combo points to be ready for a finisher before the fight starts. Thats just something no other class or soul gets the ability to do.

    You would think that if you have a chance to be detected from stealth and get aggro that oh idk, 5 or more bomb charges being tossed and stuck to somebody would be noticed too lol

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara XS142's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesher View Post
    Yeah I get that there is 0 damage during build-up, but it still gives combo points to be ready for a finisher before the fight starts. Thats just something no other class or soul gets the ability to do.

    You would think that if you have a chance to be detected from stealth and get aggro that oh idk, 5 or more bomb charges being tossed and stuck to somebody would be noticed too lol
    Guess how much damage each charge will be doing during the next 5 combo points,
    in difference of all other speccs build-ups...

  5. #5
    Telaran Shiverra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PEI, Canada
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesher View Post
    Why is it that a Sab Rogue can get charges on mobs and/or a boss without pulling aggro? It just doesn't seem right or fair that they can get full stacks before a pull and be ready to detonate before any aggro is placed.
    Well when my sab starts placing charges on a fresh mob, the mob sure notices, and will attack. Maybe if the mob is already aggroed by something else, it wont pull it off, but placing charges does cause threat.

    There is a soul tree ability with... I believe 3/3 levels to reduce the amount of threat done by placing charges, to get it to an actual 0, but it isn't available right at the start.

    Edit: maybe I just throw them too hard.
    Last edited by Shiverra; 04-03-2011 at 07:38 AM.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XS142 View Post
    Guess how much damage each charge will be doing during the next 5 combo points,
    in difference of all other speccs build-ups...
    Granted... then it should be where you can gain combo points for hurling a bomb at them for damage leaving a charge and stacking combo points for a detonate finisher. That would make it comparable to all others.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiverra View Post
    maybe I just throw them too hard.
    lol perhaps =)

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara XS142's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesher View Post
    Granted... then it should be where you can gain combo points for hurling a bomb at them for damage leaving a charge and stacking combo points for a detonate finisher. That would make it comparable to all others.
    Yup.
    But that's the beauty, they're not all others.
    The sacrifice build-up damage for larger finishers.
    If they didn't, they'd be slow marksmen..

  9. #9
    Telaran Shiverra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PEI, Canada
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XS142 View Post
    Yup.
    But that's the beauty, they're not all others.
    The sacrifice build-up damage for larger finishers.
    If they didn't, they'd be slow marksmen..
    That, so far, is my favorite sab related comment. How true. Slow marksman. Heh.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched uk33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Placing charges does get agro, you have to put points in the skill that reduces the agro chance before it doesnt, 33, 66 and finally 100% chance to not get agro.

    Granted every one who plays a SAB maxes that as soon as they can but you have to put so many points in the tree to get to that skill

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Kethae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    348

    Default

    The thing is, this is how sabs were intended to be. They are meant to be a - to paraphrase Trion - 'tick, tick....boom' soul. To be really good as a sab you have to invest plenty of points into the tree, which means not being able to put those points in other trees. They tried to give each soul a special feel so it would be different than playing a ranger, or a bard or a blade dancer. Saying it's unfair that no other soul can do what they do is not getting the point.

    They did have a couple of things broken that allowed them to do more damage than intended. This has been fixed (to much crying and gnashing of teeth from people who played them for that reason alone). If you take away the feel of the class by negating something just because no other soul has, there would be no reason for anyone to play one.

    My husband was saying last night how much he loves the different souls in each class, because switching from one soul build to another makes him feel like he's playing a totally different class. If you take things away because no other soul has them, you'll make them all the same and what would be the point?
    I am made of star stuff

  12. #12
    Plane Touched uk33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesher View Post
    I'm sure people will be upset with this post especially after reading all the qq about omg they nerfed Sab, but I still think it's unfair for this, and I'm a Rogue.
    That's the same as saying Necro's have an unfair advantage because they can FD and break agro or sins have an unfair advantage because they can cc a mob without breaking stealth, or can stealth at any point during a fight and break agro.
    Each soul has its perks, you just make yourself sound like you want SAB's perk removed because you dont have it on your choice of souls.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Sezyrrith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesher View Post
    I'm sure people will be upset with this post especially after reading all the qq about omg they nerfed Sab, but I still think it's unfair for this, and I'm a Rogue.
    Yes, they can place charges without aggro, once they've spent 13 minimum points in the soul. As others have said, it's a specific talent that allows this, it's not a default ability.
    Again, as said above, it's not much different from being able to incap 2 mobs at once, or chain-stun, or a multitude of other things. Every soul has 'gimmick' abilities like this, but it's usually other callings complaining about how unfair they are.

    Question: you say you're a Rogue, yet you seem to not be comparing Sabs to the other 7 non-PvP souls very well, or you didn't even know it was a talent that required mostly focusing on Sab (which also becomes nearly useless once a mob has been pulled...). So my question is two fold, I suppose: what level is your Rogue, and is it your main character?
    Craig: [incredulous] Is that a reference from the Archbishop of Canterbury?!
    The Doctor
    : I'm his special favourite. Shhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mridc View Post
    Rouges are overpowdered.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Now mages would kill the mob before you got 5 charges and detonate. Your damage is ZERO.
    That's the trick. Same thing in PvP. They only need to fly out of your distance before you get 5 charges and you will end up dealing ZERO damage just wasting time, while they burnt you down. And now Trion makes it so that Detonating with less than 5 charges deal significantly less damage, so Sab's opponent can always hurt you while receiving zero damage if they know the trick.
    Well, I guess the fact is Trion don't play the game and don't really know what is happening in instances and WF. What they did in the patch proves that they are either very poor players, or just don't care about the word BALANCE or FAIRNESS.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    102

    Default

    The charges do agro mobs they do no damage but the second i place a charge on them they come after me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts