+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So you want your old saboteur damage back? or close to it?

Rift Master

Default So you want your old saboteur damage back? or close to it?

Try this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0kk0z.g0dVzszo

Open with dark malady, pop blade tempo, charge up and enjoy the profit.

Admittedly, its now only every 2 minutes for max carnage, but still the stacked up dex makes for some real punch xD

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

I am pretty sure blade temp only affects physical attacks(melee abilities). Sabs do poison attacks that happen to be classified as physical damage. You would want to switch out bladedancer for assassin and get up to the +15% poison damage ability. And take unstable state in nightblade which those 2 combined are +24% damage permanently.

We still do less damage then we did and you will not be able to kill someone with heals or kill a mage due to the damage reduction they have.

I use to love opening with assassinate, 4 second stun from assassin tree, load up 5 charges detonate and then assassin 8 sec confuse 5 more charges and detonate and watching healers drop like a fly, but almost all in warfronts use the pvp soul now with the decreased break free timer really messes up our healer "stunlock".

We are also weak as hell going full out dps with no damage mitigation. Better be running in a group of 3 sabs and 2 healers, even then ur gonna have hell of a time killing off the pyro's 2 shotting anyone on your team yet you can't down them with 3x sab focus firing if they have a healer.

They say a ninja can kill a man with a straw.... I can do it with the wrapper!

Hopefully the next patch will address most of the problems with the rogue soul trees.

Rift Disciple

I was expecting a reroll warrior thread. You didn't deliver.
    WoW - Deadenlol/Cika/Vyka/Deaden - 6 Time Gladiator DK/Warrior/Rogue - Whisperwind (US)
    Rift - Deaden - Rogue - Lotham (US)
    DAoC - Fraletlan - r50 rr10 Smite Cleric - Iseult

Dispelling rogue myths one at a time
    Yes, you can parse over 1k as a rogue.
    No, marksman is not an awful tree.
    Target dummies do not give an accurate representation of raid performance. Stop it.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy Retribution View Post
    I am pretty sure blade temp only affects physical attacks(melee abilities). Sabs do poison attacks that happen to be classified as physical damage. You would want to switch out bladedancer for assassin and get up to the +15% poison damage ability. And take unstable state in nightblade which those 2 combined are +24% damage permanently.

We still do less damage then we did and you will not be able to kill someone with heals or kill a mage due to the damage reduction they have.

I use to love opening with assassinate, 4 second stun from assassin tree, load up 5 charges detonate and then assassin 8 sec confuse 5 more charges and detonate and watching healers drop like a fly, but almost all in warfronts use the pvp soul now with the decreased break free timer really messes up our healer "stunlock".

We are also weak as hell going full out dps with no damage mitigation. Better be running in a group of 3 sabs and 2 healers, even then ur gonna have hell of a time killing off the pyro's 2 shotting anyone on your team yet you can't down them with 3x sab focus firing if they have a healer.
    I wouldn't suggest the build if it didn't work, blade tempo does indeed work with your spike,shrapnel and blast charges as well as detonate.

The issue with the build is you will be very much a glass cannon, so I'd invest in picking up dodge & parry increasing gear and endurance increasing enchantments.

and for those that are unsure, Zam incorrectly misses off sab dex passive addition, you definatley end up with a 30% increase to dex + a nice dex buff that will on its own, take your damage up quite noticably (had some very nice critical detonates and have topped the pvp damage meters frequently by a wide margin without using sharpnel charges)

Not to mention the build works exceptionally well against non-insta cast healers and mages because you also come complete with blade barrage.

If you are still sceptical, seriously give it a try you wont be disapointed =D

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy Retribution View Post
    Unstable State does not increase the damage of Spike, Shrapnel, Blast, or Detonate. The improved poison damage in Assassin and the increase to combo point attacks in NB both do however.

I'm still using Sab/Asn/NB and my single target DPS is pretty low compared to what it was and what other geared, competent players of other callings can do. I partially make up for it by dominating on aoe pulls and having Incriminate and Anni Bomb stuns, but it's still a pretty rough time to be a DPS rogue. Nightblade does parse a bit better on dummies but my experience has been different when it comes to boss fights with various mechanics to worry about.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

+ Reply to Thread