+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trion, please add cooldown to motifs

Soulwalker

Default trion, please add cooldown to motifs

10 second cooldown should be plenty. Then we can macro all motifs (or whichever we prefer) to the same button.
    Thanks in advance.

some one posted in another thread

that instead of stupid critter skill, let that skill refresh all the active mortifs with that 1 button
    Adapt or Die

Rift Disciple

Changing MoE to being able to refreshes the 5 others (plus the bonus one from Resonance) would be an amazing ability even if they moved it to 51 point skill.

Plane Touched

Here's an easier solution and one that would improve the soul spec as a whole and make it more enjoyable to play. Make all the motifs 2-5 minute buffs, I mean i'm not expert in game development or hardcore or even level 50 (level 22 bard/marksman/ranger), but having to recast 3 motifs every 26 seconds or so to keep them up 100% of the time is kind of difficult and sometimes i can't even get them off because i have to use coda of restoration or w/e other ability I have. But these are just my 3 cents from a lowbie bard that otherwise enjoys the spec.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Varno View Post
    Here's an easier solution and one that would improve the soul spec as a whole and make it more enjoyable to play. Make all the motifs 2-5 minute buffs, I mean i'm not expert in game development or hardcore or even level 50 (level 22 bard/marksman/ranger), but having to recast 3 motifs every 26 seconds or so to keep them up 100% of the time is kind of difficult and sometimes i can't even get them off because i have to use coda of restoration or w/e other ability I have. But these are just my 3 cents from a lowbie bard that otherwise enjoys the spec.
    Thats usually the point. I have to let them drop frequently during boss encounters because I'm having to chain cadence/restoration. Bards in most games have a set of short-term buffs that they have to focus on to maintain, and the motifs are fitting to that trend. Not saying they have to be that way, but the devs clearly thought so.

I'm not against making the critter song refresh them though, but at the same time 1gcd is nothing compared to 5 so I'd say it would have to have some form of cast timer to use to offset that fact. Make it partially easier to maintain while still forcing the bard to not do anything for 2-3 seconds instead of 5.

Avi
    Telaran

How about a Song Bar?

Like a Pet Bar, but instead, it's just for placing Motifs on. Then you use 1 skill, called "Recitation" or whatever, and it channels for 5 seconds, casting the Motifs in the order you placed them (Since many Bards enjoy making a little tune out of the Motif SFX) and refreshes the 30s duration.

5s vs. 7.5s - A unique bar mechanic, a song system (Which could even be expanded upon with Bard quests to unlock new notes, buffs, bar slots, etc, etc, etc) and a simple, single button to relieve the tedium. I'd love to have this.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Acro View Post
    Thats usually the point. I have to let them drop frequently during boss encounters because I'm having to chain cadence/restoration. Bards in most games have a set of short-term buffs that they have to focus on to maintain, and the motifs are fitting to that trend. Not saying they have to be that way, but the devs clearly thought so.

I'm not against making the critter song refresh them though, but at the same time 1gcd is nothing compared to 5 so I'd say it would have to have some form of cast timer to use to offset that fact. Make it partially easier to maintain while still forcing the bard to not do anything for 2-3 seconds instead of 5.
    Good point. Guess my idea was bad, because if they are going wtih this form of image then 2 minute motifs are way too long.
    Last edited by Varno; 04-03-2011 at 06:00 AM.

G15 or G13 works great for me. 1 button all motif's.

Rift Disciple

There use to be a motif macro in beta. Then in Beta 5 they removed it

+ Reply to Thread