+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur Suggestion, a fix without actually touching the damage!

Rift Master

Default Saboteur Suggestion, a fix without actually touching the damage!

Just had this idea while in another forum discussing sabo's, anyway I'll make it short here is the idea:

Move Charges off of Global cooldown but place them onto there own shared cooldown of 1-2 seconds.

What this would change:

Saboteurs would now be able to use damaging abilties while stacking charges!

Bomb usage becomes more common/viable

Planting traps no longer becomes a chore while in combat because your constantly worried about GCD!

Using a ranged spec in addition to Sabo such as MM/Ranger would be a great boon to all 3 souls as it would increase the DPS output of them all to a more competitive level.

However in the interests of balance, Detonate would still be on GCD as would bombs and traps.

So what do you think folks?

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    Just had this idea while in another forum discussing sabo's, anyway I'll make it short here is the idea:

Move Charges off of Global cooldown but place them onto there own shared cooldown of 1-2 seconds.

What this would change:

Saboteurs would now be able to use damaging abilties while stacking charges!

Bomb usage becomes more common/viable

Planting traps no longer becomes a chore while in combat because your constantly worried about GCD!

Using a ranged spec in addition to Sabo such as MM/Ranger would be a great boon to all 3 souls as it would increase the DPS output of them all to a more competitive level.

However in the interests of balance, Detonate would still be on GCD as would bombs and traps.

So what do you think folks?

nice ideas but Trion will never buff the sab ... this sould is pretty dead

R.I.P.

Sword of Telara

you won't be able to put charges + attack with skills since:
    charge = 30 energy
    skill = 30 energy
    after 3 charges(+skills) you are energy starved.

Rift Disciple

I would switch it around and leave charges on GCD, and put the bombs and traps off the GCD.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    you won't be able to put charges + attack with skills since:
    charge = 30 energy
    skill = 30 energy
    after 3 charges(+skills) you are energy starved.
    That's why it would be balanced as you would have to manage your energy and "could" possibly make bladedancer a bit more appealing (energy returns + more energy + reactives)

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Rift Master

As odd as it sounds currently testing out Sab/BD its working rather nicely especially with blade tempos boost to blast charge and detonate....not to mention sprint & disengage are rather nice =O

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    As odd as it sounds currently testing out Sab/BD its working rather nicely especially with blade tempos boost to blast charge and detonate....not to mention sprint & disengage are rather nice =O
    I think if you stay fairly low in the BD tree, maybe no more then 20 points really, you will be fine. The problem with bladedancer in the later stages it that all of the rythmic abilities are fine tuned around bladedancer combo generators. Although I've always been tempted to try 51 pt BD just for blade & soul parity. +50% crit! :O!

Rift Master

Hate not being to edit posts, here is the build im using, getting some excellent detonates and the reactives are working out nicely http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0ko.g0dVuc0R0d

Rift Master

doh sorry this one =p http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0ko.g0dVus0k0d

Gives you all the tools you would ever need
    Last edited by Basilius; 04-03-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Shadowlander

I agree with Basilius, saboteur soul need a change to make the soul more synergic with other souls, charge systems and combo point systems need to be spited.

The only moment using saboteur y take some skills from other souls is after use an annihilation bomb.
    Example (time bomb+ blast charge x5+ rift guard+ annihilation bomb+....) or (time bomb+ blast charge x5+shadow assault+ annihilate + annihilation bomb+....)

Another sab problem is that spike charge and blast charge are good skills, al other charges are worst, so you have no reason to use them, you only have a finisher so you use 1, 1, 1,1,1,2.

Example: caltrop charge, ¿watts this skill, it’s a dps skill it's a cc skill? ... It’s nothing, it’s a waste of time, 5 blast charges and 1 adhesive bomb is 10 times better.
    Concussive charge it’s the same, 6 gcd > 9 seconds to get 5 seconds of stun and run out of energy useless.

I suppose those kinds of charges can’t be done powerful cause of the rapid setup op skill.

Suggestion 1Create 2 kinds of charges
    Leave blast spike and Shrapnel Charge as they are, "standard charges", delete the other charges and create new ones “overloaded charges" with 5s or 10s CD and more specific to debuf some classes, charge against armor, charge against manna users, charge against healing .....and using rapid setup you can attach 5 standard or 2 "overloaded charges".

Suggestion 2 Silent setup
    Skill that allows to setup charges that you can attach on auto-attacks: Select silent setup, select your charge, 3 second cast and you got 10 charges of your chose over you on your character class mechanic display (don’t break stealth),auto-attacks have 15% chance to attach 1 of those charges of hand attacks have a 15% extra chance

Here's my 2 cents on why Sabs got hit so hard:

Detonate is a fairly weak ability damage-wise. Its main purpose is to set off Blast Charges. This is why I moreas envision Blast Charges as a finisher. When all 5 charges were split, the odds of doing substantial burst were **** on. A little bit of number crunching:

If a Sab were to have a 20% crit rate - 1 crit happening is likely. Burst damage there is hardly staggering. The odds of 2 blast charges critting is (.2 x .2) a 4% chance of happening. This continues until the odds of all 5 blast charges critting are a whopping .032%. Hot freakin' d@mn.

An average Sab went from a 20% chance of massive burst to a .032%. I realize Sab burst was OP but now a Sab's "element of suprise" burst is gone. I only tinkered around with Sab but I know it needs some fix. My proposed fix:

Blast Charge needs more crit. Simple. I think 25% crit on Blast Charge (Maybe take off 15% bomb damage talent? They seemed rather useless damagewise to me, it was the effects I was after).

Now, lets look at statistics with the previous Sab that now has a 45% crit chance with Blast Charge. Now, every detonate has a 20% chance of having 2 crits. Looking up from 4%. The odds of 4 critting with 45% Blast Charge crit is now 4%, actually. The odds of all 5 critting sums up to be 1%. Not highly plausable but better than .032% and not OP as 20% all or none.

Suggestions?
    Bat outta hell

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sglee442 View Post
    Here's my 2 cents on why Sabs got hit so hard:

Detonate is a fairly weak ability damage-wise. Its main purpose is to set off Blast Charges. This is why I moreas envision Blast Charges as a finisher. When all 5 charges were split, the odds of doing substantial burst were **** on. A little bit of number crunching:

If a Sab were to have a 20% crit rate - 1 crit happening is likely. Burst damage there is hardly staggering. The odds of 2 blast charges critting is (.2 x .2) a 4% chance of happening. This continues until the odds of all 5 blast charges critting are a whopping .032%. Hot freakin' d@mn.

An average Sab went from a 20% chance of massive burst to a .032%. I realize Sab burst was OP but now a Sab's "element of suprise" burst is gone. I only tinkered around with Sab but I know it needs some fix. My proposed fix:

Blast Charge needs more crit. Simple. I think 25% crit on Blast Charge (Maybe take off 15% bomb damage talent? They seemed rather useless damagewise to me, it was the effects I was after).

Now, lets look at statistics with the previous Sab that now has a 45% crit chance with Blast Charge. Now, every detonate has a 20% chance of having 2 crits. Looking up from 4%. The odds of 4 critting with 45% Blast Charge crit is now 4%, actually. The odds of all 5 critting sums up to be 1%. Not highly plausable but better than .032% and not OP as 20% all or none.

Suggestions?
    You dont fix the clas you make a op skill nerfing boms that are ok.

+ Reply to Thread