+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: great riftstalker tank spec, take a look!

Rift Disciple

Default great riftstalker tank spec, take a look!

heres my current tank spec as a Riftstalker, i have very high hp, very high damage reduction aswell, leme know what yall think, i suggest giving it a shot, the build posted is what i think are musts, the 2nd link is my actual spec, thanks

44rs/9bard/8ranger (will have extras,, refer to next build for what i did with them)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xItIuqdokkR.xh

44rs/10bard/12ranger - i went 10 bard just for the run speed motif for runnin around cuz i like it. and just threw the remaining into crit chance on ranger tree, but can do whatever with thoes. can also get Death from the Shadows, but all iuse that phase shift ability for is to get to mobs fast, so i dont care how much damage it does, and i LOVE Planar Attraction, takes an unruley mash of mobs and stacks em up nice and neat right infront of you makes things less hectic sometimes on thoes big pulls
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xItIuqdokkR.vh
    Last edited by 420MySTiC; 04-03-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by 420MySTiC View Post
    heres my current tank spec as a Riftstalker, i have very high hp, very high damage reduction aswell, leme know what yall think, i suggest giving it a shot, the build posted is what i think are musts, the 2nd link is my actual spec, thanks

44rs/9bard/8ranger (will have extras,, refer to next build for what i did with them)

44rs/10bard/12ranger - i went 10 bard just for the run speed motif for runnin around cuz i like it. and just threw the remaining into crit chance on ranger tree, but can do whatever with thoes. can also get Death from the Shadows, but all iuse that phase shift ability for is to get to mobs fast, so i dont care how much damage it does, and i LOVE Planar Attraction, takes an unruley mash of mobs and stacks em up nice and neat right infront of you makes things less hectic sometimes on thoes big pulls
    And you lose 7% endurance cos not taking 51 points in riftstalker(Improved Guardian Phase skill). Instead you waste those points for crit and anthem range??!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nalak View Post
    And you lose 7% endurance cos not taking 51 points in riftstalker(Improved Guardian Phase skill). Instead you waste those points for crit and anthem range??!
    The 7% Endurance is the least of what they lose. They lose a damage-immunity cooldown AND lose 3.5% damage absorption.
    Faeblight - Defiant: Ghaeleah, Eladria, Mala, Danoria, Azshannya
    Estrael - Guardian: Reah, Shilania, Kethrah, Tulania, Azshannya

Banned

Yea tanks arent supposed to be doing damage, they are supposed to stack as much damage reduction as possible so the healers can keep them alive.

Rift Chaser

Cute.
    /10char

Banned

Also to anyone who has actually tried to tank with a Rogue, how hard is it to start doing with all DPS gear? It would seem pointless to try it if you need to have all dodge/parry gear since it was hard enough to get the DPS gear I have now.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Also to anyone who has actually tried to tank with a Rogue, how hard is it to start doing with all DPS gear? It would seem pointless to try it if you need to have all dodge/parry gear since it was hard enough to get the DPS gear I have now.
    With partial DPS gear, it isn't a problem, but for experts you will want to get some toughness gear, unless you want your healer to hate you.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Craft (if you are an outfitter) or Grab some beginner-50 tank gear (like the craftable toughness armor and toughness runes/enchants) for starters, but you'll need to build up a tanking gear-set for higher-end tanking, like T2s.
    Faeblight - Defiant: Ghaeleah, Eladria, Mala, Danoria, Azshannya
    Estrael - Guardian: Reah, Shilania, Kethrah, Tulania, Azshannya

Rift Disciple

i have imporoved guardian phase ******, did you even look at the trees?>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KahnyaGnorc View Post
    The 7% Endurance is the least of what they lose. They lose a damage-immunity cooldown AND lose 3.5% damage absorption.
    lawl, 3 sec of damage immunity is crap. for a 51 point ability that just sucks, and id give up 3.5% dr for the extra hp... did any of you even try this spec? or just come to talk sh it cuz yall think yer good?
    Last edited by 420MySTiC; 04-03-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Shadowlander

I am willing to bet they did. I did. But you don't even need to to know what you are missing. Did you even read the tooltip for Improved Guardian Phase or Improved Rift Barrier? It scales with the points you put into the Riftstalker Soul past 26 and 18 respectively. You put 7 points less into Riftstalker than is possible, and so, as they said you lose 7% endurance and 3.5% mitigation because of that. Most people seem to endorse a 51 Riftstalker build of some kind for that reason.

Reg

Hmm your build isnt the best. Its okay for regular dungeons. For T1s T2s, Rift raid or even GS that build is not maxing out your Damage mitigation.

I have 3 tank specs for different situations. The best tank spec imo is the http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EItIuqdRkkR.xh

51 RS 7 Bard 8 Ranger.

Pretty standard build but it works. Most higher end RS tanking is all about mitigation, dodging is a very bad way to spec for RS. Most mobs and boss hit way too hard 6-8k dmg. Another thing is AoE taunt is very weak for RS tank so just ask your group to give you 5 seconds on the mobs.

MT of Legionnaire
    180 toughness

There Is no Spoon! Only Knives!

Captain-General Of Legionnaire

i currently run 51rs/8bd/7rng and tank t2s just fine. 1 thing that sux is no interrupt, i am thinking if going 51rs/12bd/3rng and yes ranger > bard cause ranger allows me to use quick shot and headshot as well as pull with a ranged weapon.

there are just simply too many fights that an interrupt is needed for, and if u dont have a warrior you are out of luck since no other rogue soul gets it besides BD (which is lame)
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i currently run 51rs/8bd/7rng and tank t2s just fine. 1 thing that sux is no interrupt, i am thinking if going 51rs/12bd/3rng and yes ranger > bard cause ranger allows me to use quick shot and headshot as well as pull with a ranged weapon.

there are just simply too many fights that an interrupt is needed for, and if u dont have a warrior you are out of luck since no other rogue soul gets it besides BD (which is lame)
    I made an interrupt spec and it works fine, it just has 8% less mitigation then my other build with RG up.

All in all it's not that can't be healed through to be honest, and it works great for fights that absolutely need one.

lawl, 3 sec of damage immunity is crap. for a 51 point ability that just sucks, and id give up 3.5% dr for the extra hp... did any of you even try this spec? or just come to talk sh it cuz yall think yer good?
    Combine "Defer Death" and "Shatter the Shadows" and you have 11-13s (depending on your timing) total immunity to damage. for each 2 min fight.

Also if you use bladedancer "sidestep" you get 15s with +50% dodge and Riftstalker "Planar Refugee" 10s with -30% damage reduction, you will have a total of 26-38s of damage reduction/avoidance for every 2 minutes, that quite good
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ........... Whatever ..............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast