+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Look here Bards!

Soulwalker

Default Look here Bards!

Hi Rogues!

Just wanted to say,

last nite we were in LHx and after a whipe, our healer, the cleric happend to be afk, and our warrior pulled a group of 4 mobs.

and Bard as i am, noticed this and managed to keep the whole group alive, just by stringing away them tunes like there was no tomorrow.

So excuse me, when people say they rather have a chloro. It is because there is too much Crying on these Rogues forums about nerfing.

Its not Nerfing, its Balancing, and i be happy to be the first to let Devs know that they did a mighty fine job. There is no reason to rant about bards, just learn your class and you be fine.

Just my 2 cents.

Efus of Argent
    ♫ ♬ Efus the Bard ♫ ♬
    Kindness to the evil only brings more evil to the kind

Telaran

Bards are still quite playable.

The nerf only affected their utility in raids, and they are still just as powerful in 5-mans as they have ever been.

I don't like barding (spam spam spam spam same stuff all raid)
    Nevertheless in T1 groups its good, in T2 it scales extremely bad.
    They should scale it and the problem is gone/

Telaran

I don't recall ever reading about Bards being bad in 5 man pve groups. In fact, almost everytime I see Bard complaints, its because of raids and pvp. So yeah.

Bards are freaking awesome and the "nerf" is hardly noticeable. Cleric healers have nothing that even comes close to Virtuoso + coda of restoration.

Plane Touched

This really puts my mind at ease about my class choice. Thank you OP for posting this.

Bards are still great in 5 mans. No nerf at all for this.

OK in 10 man as long as not all 10 are getting heavy damage at once. But then again you shouldn't be the only healer in anything with 10, so it is still fine.

Just plain suck in raids. Nah, not that bad, but you just have to be more aware of the location of where heals are needed as your cadence and CoR will only heal the lowest 5 within your radius.

Rift Disciple

Even the raid nerfs weren't horrific - the panic over them was overblown. No, we can't solo-heal all raid AE damage anymore, but who did raids with only one healer?

did they nerf motiff of regen? I remember the tooltip saying 90+ health every 3 seconds and today I noticed it saying 60 health every 3 seconds.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Satsujinma View Post
    did they nerf motiff of regen? I remember the tooltip saying 90+ health every 3 seconds and today I noticed it saying 60 health every 3 seconds.
    You need to go retrain in it. Yea its like 1.4p that we already paid! Double charged. Go see your trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsujinma View Post
    Yes, they did nerf it. Prior to 1.1 the Motif was placed on all raid members within the radius when played and healed them. Now it is placed on you and heals UP TO 10 members within your motif radius.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustfinder View Post
    You need to go retrain in it. Yea its like 1.4p that we already paid! Double charged. Go see your trainer.
    Yea, that pissed me off a bit

Champion

I don't know why you think this is an accomplishment over chloros.

I have a chloro solo heal me in T2s in my guild... all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    I don't know why you think this is an accomplishment over chloros.

I have a chloro solo heal me in T2s in my guild... all the time.
    I didn't read it as an accomplishment OVER Chloro, I read it as a Bard can heal in Raids, and it's not a must to have a Chloro. Chloros are great, no one here has said otherwise.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ronus View Post
    I didn't read it as an accomplishment OVER Chloro, I read it as a Bard can heal in Raids, and it's not a must to have a Chloro. Chloros are great, no one here has said otherwise.
    He's saying because he managed to solo heal he's as viable as chloros... Read it again, he's acting like chloros can't solo heal, and they can and do. They don't even have to pop virtuoso to do it!

Either way he was in a 5 man instance, so what's the point of talking about raids when comparing to 5 man instances?

and I've never believed bards are a healer class, they are a buffer class.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 04-03-2011 at 09:45 AM.

sadly, that's all I'm playing right now is my bard.. PvE or PvP. It may take a little longer to kill something.. but I don't die and mobs and players do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast