+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Bard Build and reasoning

Telaran

Default My Bard Build and reasoning

Early on I used a Bladedancer Saboteur Bard for levelling. Mainly for the Dexterity Bonus of the Saboteur and the Free AoE Snare. Until 40 this was the Build I was using:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0V.VcdVV0sko.V

The final Build is this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...L.EIdqiqskqz.q

Nightblade for Last Hope (20m Sap ability) as well as the Blazing Fury's +15% Damage Per Combo Point (more damage for your Cadence thus more healing per tick) and Coup De Grace's +12% for Finshing Move.

Bladedancer: For the +5% Hit Value because lets face it Our Healing in Dependant not on wether the attack can be Blocked, Parried or Dodged because you know they can't be but our chances of Missing which counts. The 1% in Dodge doesn't hurt. The 6th point in Bladedancer is simply for Combat Pose which is significant. Higher Dex better chance to Dodge and Crit.

Why 51 points for Bard? Simple you are the Ultimate Support Class. Bards can very easily heal instances, in Raids I'm not so sure but I know having the constant Healing from Cadence alone makes the healer job easier and then out Coda or Restoration for those most injured, down to our Motifs which last 30 seconds and buffs everything from Attack Power & Spell Power >> +5% Melee Crit and Spell Crit to +5% Healing Bonus >> Reducing all Damage by 5%. Bard's Ability to give Cost Reduction from Athem of Fervor's -10% to all Spell and Ability Cost. If someone zones in and needs to run to the group simply change to Anthem of Competence and +20% Movement Bonus to anyone In or Out of Combat so they can catch up, then back to Fervor. As for which Fanfare to use I use Vigor and single buff everyone with Combat Pose.

=)

Telaran

Wouldn't Unstable State be better for the second tier in NB? That would boost Cadence damage = more healing. In groups I rarely use damaging finishers so Coup de Grace would be more of a solo PvE farming choice.

Third soul seems largely subjective. There seem to be several decent choices. I like Riftstalker since I can't live without Shadow Shift (particularly in PvP as I use the same spec for all purposes), and the 15% AP boost is pretty good since that would be equivalent to a 30% dex boost (AP portion of dex only - obviously dex also boosts other things), plus the nice End buff with just 4 points invested.

Koe

Bad build is bad.

BD Dex buff doesn't stack with the Bard Fanfare.

Hit isn't needed as you get plenty on gear.

No elemental damage up in NB for cadence damage.

Try 51 Bard/6 Ranger(5% crit and 2% damage reduction)/9 NB(15% CP damage, 9% Elemental Damage, 3% Finisher damage)

+ Reply to Thread