+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 36 Bard/23 NB/5 Rng Question

Default 36 Bard/23 NB/5 Rng Question

Since I have melted skin do I need to melee? I know it's bonus damage but a ton of fights aren't melee-friendly...plus I'm cadencing so much it's hard to get auto-attacks in.

Thoughts?

Plane Touched

Ditch ranger... at 5 points, about half your abilities are pet related, and pet is useless after 30.

Was kinda thinking that and doing sab...but I'd lose the (very minor) DPS from auto-attacks, although I cadence spam so much idk if that's even that much.

Edit - Oh and my weapons are trash (level 48ish 20 dps blues vs crafted epic 30 dps bow) so I'm kinda worried that would **** my cadence output.
    Last edited by Mauti; 04-02-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mauti View Post
    Was kinda thinking that and doing sab...but I'd lose the (very minor) DPS from auto-attacks, although I cadence spam so much idk if that's even that much.

Edit - Oh and my weapons are trash (level 48ish 20 dps blues vs crafted epic 30 dps bow) so I'm kinda worried that would **** my cadence output.
    Meh.. gear is a whole nother subject from spec. My vote goes to secret testing (don't post results or nerf will happen next day) of detonate after cadence spam vs using charges. In its current state detonate works off just combo points, albeit for less damage than including charges, but it's worth a look. At the same time, I would imagine there are a few seconds in the beginning of a fight where you can throw down some charges and detonate before your heals are needed. In any case it is still better than 5 points in ranger. At the very least you can use those 5 points to boost dex a little which will boost cadence.

Ok, I'll give it a try. Would the spec still be chilling from range?

I guess part of my issue is I see melted skin, and I really want the damage boost...but I'm spamming actions so much I'm almost never auto-attacking. Am I just playing bard wrong?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mauti View Post
    Ok, I'll give it a try. Would the spec still be chilling from range?

I guess part of my issue is I see melted skin, and I really want the damage boost...but I'm spamming actions so much I'm almost never auto-attacking. Am I just playing bard wrong?
    Sab can be considered ranged yes, in fact there are talents to increase the ranges at which you can attach charges as well as detonate.

I meant more in terms of auto-attacking. But I guess that's such a slim amount of damage (though it procs Melted Skin apparently) it might not even be worth it?

Plane Touched

Sab doesn't use a bow so I do not believe they auto attack. However, in its current state auto attack is crap anyway. Besides, I've watched my wife try to use a bow on her rogue and it was laughable. In the time it took her to fire her bow once, I about killed the mob we were fighting.

Thanks for the input, will give Sab a try.

Wow this edit timer...

After some super-fast testing it looks like even the Dex from sab is only just breaking even with the difference in my ranged and melee weapons, maybe not even quite making up for it.

le bump

need some help with my dilemma here

please respond

+ Reply to Thread