+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP soul: Penetrating strikes?

Plane Touched

Default PvP soul: Penetrating strikes?

Infiltrator tier 1, penetrating strikes.

Increases armour penetration by 10% at Rank 5. I have some thoughts about this..

Firstly, is it worth it? I'm only Rank 2 at the moment .. and I enjoy the BD mobility high up in the tree to go deeper in infiltrator at the moment.

Secondly, doesn't this seem a little weak compared to the mage equal (+15% damage at Rank 5)?? perhaps the mage soul is too strong?
    "Awesome group seeks 4 more"

ofcourse its crap(max 5%dm against PLATE), infact i only managed to succesefully intergrate pvp soul (defencive line) into my NB

our offensive line seems kinde crappy, only really good skill is that adds more damage with stacks (up to 20%)

ofcourse magic resist, breakfree and anathema are nice ones you can get them

also, BD for pvp?...not the best choise
    Adapt or Die

i think 10% armor penetration is so weak and whole rouge dmg patch on pvp is very weak..

facts-- 10% armor penetration, if someone have 3000 armor that with this pasive u negate 300 of his armor, in fact ur dmg grow around ~2%
    Im rouge, have atm without buff 2494, so if any rouge with this pasive atack me he should take me ~245 armor, when i take off my boots (289armor) its take me around 2,35% reduce dmg.

So if u rank 3 u can spend 12 points and ull get - ~8% more dmg and +10% for crit chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Varvacsen View Post
    i think 10% armor penetration is so weak and whole rouge dmg patch on pvp is very weak..

facts-- 10% armor penetration, if someone have 3000 armor that with this pasive u negate 300 of his armor, in fact ur dmg grow around ~2%
    Im rouge, have atm without buff 2494, so if any rouge with this pasive atack me he should take me ~245 armor, when i take off my boots (289armor) its take me around 2,35% reduce dmg.

So if u rank 3 u can spend 12 points and ull get - ~8% more dmg and +10% for crit chance...
    its not crit chance(you wish), its crit damage, just like that sin skill
    Adapt or Die

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MadGelo View Post

also, BD for pvp?...not the best choise
    BD is there for the buffs (dps/defence) and mobility.

If deep NB and Sin don't kill straight away, hey just get kited IMHO...

I tried the Ranger/NB/RS on the other post but I always end up back in Sin/BD
    "Awesome group seeks 4 more"

open world pvp: nothing beats 51 NB and 15 INF(stick to the right in the tree)

works fine in Codex and BlackGarden aswell
    Last edited by MadGelo; 04-02-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    Adapt or Die

I would gladly pick the less damage from aoes one, but i can't if i want to pick the damage increasing stuff.

Which doesn't make much sense since taking less damage from aoes is something a melee rogue would want.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsichore View Post
    I would gladly pick the less damage from aoes one, but i can't if i want to pick the damage increasing stuff.

Which doesn't make much sense since taking less damage from aoes is something a melee rogue would want.
    who said that you cant?...

you have 21 points max you can spend afaik

25% dm reduction from aoe is crappy tho

-stun, -50% dm for 4 sec after CC, no disarms and brush it off are nice tho
    Adapt or Die

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolytic View Post
    Infiltrator tier 1, penetrating strikes.

Increases armour penetration by 10% at Rank 5. I have some thoughts about this..

Firstly, is it worth it? I'm only Rank 2 at the moment .. and I enjoy the BD mobility high up in the tree to go deeper in infiltrator at the moment.

Secondly, doesn't this seem a little weak compared to the mage equal (+15% damage at Rank 5)?? perhaps the mage soul is too strong?
    It is kind of a weak talent, its still a DPS increase though. The mage talent is obviously much better, but some of the higher talents in the rogue DPS line are good.

If people are going to start trying to balance classes tier by tier in talent trees there either going to be a lot of upset people or things are going to get very boring.

+ Reply to Thread