+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just hit 50 and starting to work on prestige.

Soulwalker

Default Just hit 50 and starting to work on prestige.

Aight I just hit 50 and seems the port is the only wf that pops in which we usually lose defiant side, in fact always lose. I got some T1 gears so far and want to work on prestige but feel well behind the power curve due to people already stacking heavy pvp already. I have tried a bunch of specs, and I really feel like I simply am not contributing much.

What spec would you recommend for a rogue just starting 50 warfronts?
    I see all the QQ threads, but even with all of our badness, what would be the MOST optimal in your opinion/experiance.

Thanks in advance.

Plane Touched

Rogue is a little watered down in PvP--but you already know that.

If you want to really help your team win, then there are 2 options that I can suggest right now: that is Bard or MM/NB.

I don't have specs, and I don't have time to find and link them, but they're fairly fresh posts. You should have no trouble finding them.

Bard is self-explanatory: learn to play it well and you'll be a huge asset for your team. They can often turn the tide of battle.

The other game-changing spec is MM/NB for Fell Blades in the NB tree. Putting a 50% heal debuff on your opponents with a few Fan Outs can help a TON in major battles.

If you're looking for damage done/killing blows, then you'll have to do something else. Bard doesn't kill anything and the MM/NB is basically a support DPS.

But at the end of the day, the buffs/heals of a bard or the mass debuffs/decent damage of MM/NB will help you win more than racking up a bunch of meaningless killing blows.

You're already behind the PvP curve, in a sense. And in that situation, playing a support is even more beneficial as you're not able to blow many people up as a rogue--especially if they're geared and stacking a lot of Valor.

Team player till you're geared.

KB chaser (if that's what you're into) when you're geared properly.

Whatever you choose, good luck.

Soulwalker

Awesome post thanks, after reading this I looked up some specs, I haven't played NB much and had a lot of experience as riftstalker, so went with bard/rs 34/32 and worked awesome. Thanks for the feedback.

Ascendant

I might end up trying a bard build when I hit 50 (49 currently with TONS of quests left in the "last" three zones and rested xp all the way to 50). I pushed into the 40s as sab pre-1.1 and when word of the nerfs came down I started messing with NB/SIN for gits and shiggles "just in case" the sab nerfs ruined the soul. When the range nerf was reversed sab retained some viability, but right now it seems to do best as AoE suppression. Lots of damage from Shrapnel Charge in clustered areas like Black Garden and around flags in Codex, but really the only purpose it serves is to soften up the crowd and try to overtax the healers. Overall, however, it lacks the punch it once had and healing is too effective.

With 33NB/32 SIN right now I get the perma-stealth, a wide array of openers, and a nice mix of ranged and melee offense combined with the 50% healing debuff. The only thing that I'm finding difficult is making the transition from ranged to melee. I always try to open from stealth simply for the surprise element and NB/SIN is quite deadly in that regard. Unless I get swarmed when I break stealth, I usually score a kill. And being that I play as Defiant, when we fall so far behind as to be assured another loss, I can always just run around Incapacitating people to irritate them :P

I tried the ranger/NB build that was posted here very recently, and I don't like it. The primary issue I had was that with just Ranger/NB, if Escape Artist and Break Free are on CD I'm a free kill to any melee with a snare. I haven't tried MM/NB yet but that might be a side project for tomorrow.

I'm trying to adapt to the role of a rogue in PvP and right now I'm finding that we're all around support, not in-your-face offense. It doesn't matter what build we go with. We lack the damage output to be the killing machines we were in with pre-nerf saboteur, and without the 50% healing debuff from NB there's nothing we can do that can't be easily healed through. (Even with ranger/NB and the healing debuff I could wail on a healer for ages and if they had any support at all..even splash heals from a chloro...I couldn't kill them).

I still have a hard time accepting the situation rogues have been left in when a warrior gets in my face and I see 2-3 four-digit crits blast up the left side of my character. Or a cleric wipes the floor with me (cabalist seems to be one of the most underrated PvP builds these days). And we all know about the pyro. I can't see us being left in this position for long so right now I'm just doing my best to contribute in warfronts as best I can and familiarize myself with different builds so that when rogues get the bump they sorely need I'll be positioned to take advantage of the changes.

In the meantime, I stab yo face with fire.

+ Reply to Thread