+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Start. Your. Own. Group.

Plane Touched

Default Start. Your. Own. Group.

We all know the situation with Rogues in both PvE and PvP.

It's rough. I'm not gonna lie.

But there are alternatives to being "excluded" from PvE and PvP groups:

Start your own group.

And when I say "start your own group," I mean find the people and be prepared to lead the group.

I spent a lot of time in /50 chat looking for groups for experts. Sometimes I got one, sometimes I didn't. I never saw the "no rogues allowed" mentality, but I also hated sitting on my thumb waiting to do something.

So I researched the fights. I watched the videos for encounters. Hell, I even made macros to spam boss strategies to help speed runs up.

So rather that whine about not being able to find a group, I got PROACTIVE.

Not only does this let me run an expert pretty much when I get ready to, but I'm also a better, more-informed player because of it. I know how to handle bosses, I know which fights I need to play a bard or dps.

And I'm even working on a Riftstalker set/spec to handle tanking duties.

When I'm in the mood to PvP, I try to do the same thing. Sometimes there's interest; sometimes there's not. But the last time I checked, the PvP random WF finder did not check callings:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...50780-27-Mages.

The bottom line is that if you have any semblance of objectivity in your thought process, you should know that rogues WILL get a buff at some point. Canceling your account or rerolling now may seem like the thing to do. But as a player who has a lot of experience in MMORPGs and the dubious dumbluck of rolling a lot of classes/specs that were initially weak then later buffed, I gotta tell ya: playing with the odds stacked against you helps you learn to play. When the inevitable boosts to our calling come, the ones who pressed on and adapted during the bad times will be the ones that shine.

One interesting by-product of starting my own groups has been that I've collected a list full of friends who I can call on for help and who, in turn, call on me for help. THIS is what it's all about: finding people you enjoy playing with and getting stuff done.

I realize this doesn't really help people in raid guilds who are being benched. It sucks. I know. But at the end of the day, I'd a hell of a lot rather take my time and develop a solid network of friends to raid with than be a nameless slot filler in another raiding meta guild.

If you quit, that's on you. It's not Trion's fault; they're working on it.

But in the meantime, there -are- ways to workaround the issues regarding rogues.

If you choose to ignore them, it's your own damn fault.

Plane Touched

I've tried starting groups. Lots & lots of times. I've tried not saying I'm a rogue, yet when the people that DO join realize what I am, they suddenly have other things they need to do.

If people dont want rogues when THEY are making the groups, why would they magically want rogues when YOU are making the groups?

They dont want Rogues period. Who is making the group is a moot point.

Edit: I'm not in the 50 bracket yet, I'm in the 40-49.

Maybie the 50 bracket has nicer people in it or something.
    Last edited by voidtek1969; 04-02-2011 at 03:35 PM.

to the OP this works for dps, when dps is equal. If however ur class is known to be sub par by its very nature you will have issues. Also if u bother to read a lot of the stuff it's not casuals who give to damns about their performace and just want to preserve a "play style". You try to start a damn greenscale raid or even one of the harder t2's. Yeah a brain dead schmuck can start a basic AP and CC run. Hat isn't what we are talking about.

rose-colored glasses FTL.

LF19M - Greenscale's Blight - Full on rogues
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Villainelle View Post
    LF19M - Greenscale's Blight - Full on rogues

Player X: I'll go, tank or heals

[Player X] Has joined the group

Player X: are you a bard?

You: no, ranger

[Player X] Has left the group

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by voidtek1969 View Post
    I've tried starting groups. Lots & lots of times. I've tried not saying I'm a rogue, yet when the people that DO join realize what I am, they suddenly have other things they need to do.

If people dont want rogues when THEY are making the groups, why would they magically want rogues when YOU are making the groups?

They dont want Rogues period. Who is making the group is a moot point.

Edit: I'm not in the 50 bracket yet, I'm in the 40-49.

Maybie the 50 bracket has nicer people in it or something.
    No.

You've never started a group and had somebody drop because you're a rogue.

Unless it's another rogue who doesn't want to compete with you for drops.

Or unless you have a cancerous attitude that other players have already gotten sick of (probably).

This is the horse crap over-dramatic bull that people are posting to try and justify their whines.

My god. So many of you people are so used to everybody in real life around you hanging on your every word, whim or whine that you think people in a massive game like Rift actually care. You find out they don't. You find out that you're just another subscriber instead of the attention-loving drama queens you are in real llife. Then you embellish your "arguments" (aka whines) with cherry-picked, one-in-a-thousand or flat out made up anecdotes to make it as dramatic and attention-grabbing as possible.

Grow the **** up.
    Last edited by Murdertrain; 04-02-2011 at 05:15 PM.

My guild loves me for who I am
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Red Exodus View Post
    My guild loves me for who I am
    Thank you.

The more I think about the impact of this patch, the more I have a recurring thought regarding whiners who lost their raid spot: They deserved it.

People who break their necks (and sacrifice their pride) to chase server firsts in a guild that could care less about them deserve this.

Play with friends. You'll never lose your spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdertrain View Post
    Thank you.

The more I think about the impact of this patch, the more I have a recurring thought regarding whiners who lost their raid spot: They deserved it.

People who break their necks (and sacrifice their pride) to chase server firsts in a guild that could care less about them deserve this.

Play with friends. You'll never lose your spot.
    "Play with people who don't care if your class is gimp and u will never loss your spot"

News flash that kind of guild will not clear a single 20 man raid zone, period. If you have cleared all the t2's (which I doubt) u would knowthere are fights that REQUIRE x dps in y amont of time and that dps needs to be done at range. Even the devs in one of their latest posts finaly acknowledged this issue. If you are in a Guild that doesn't care if they carry someone 3/4 through a dungeon nd then have to stop because the game says the classes u have are inadequete that's fine but me I expect to kill stuff period, not get to a point where the game says "sorry but your calling won't cut it on this fight". This is exactly what is happening.

This anti elitist crap that ignores the realities of the game the OP will likely never see makes me laugh.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    "Play with people who don't care if your class is gimp and u will never loss your spot"

News flash that kind of guild will not clear a single 20 man raid zone, period. If you have cleared all the t2's (which I doubt) u would knowthere are fights that REQUIRE x dps in y amont of time and that dps needs to be done at range. Even the devs in one of their latest posts finaly acknowledged this issue. If you are in a Guild that doesn't care if they carry someone 3/4 through a dungeon nd then have to stop because the game says the classes u have are inadequete that's fine but me I expect to kill stuff period, not get to a point where the game says "sorry but your calling won't cut it on this fight". This is exactly what is happening.

This anti elitist crap that ignores the realities of the game the OP will likely never see makes me laugh.
    every t2 can be cleared with rogues dpsing easily. if you think otherwise perhaps its time for you to rethink playing.
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Muq

I'm a rogue and I top DPS in 5 mans and raid.(if not that then top 5)

I'm not gimp, I have no problem grouping.

Protip: You don't have to be sab to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by crater View Post
    every t2 can be cleared with rogues dpsing easily. if you think otherwise perhaps its time for you to rethink playing.

With melee's dpsing? When a mage would do so easier requiring less hps on the part of the healers thus making the instance more certain with fewer to no deaths? Not damn likely. Sorry when the devs themselves say they realize that there are many encounters that are to focused on ranged classes its an issue. Some players can say it doesn't exist till they are blue in the face but the devs themselves say otherwise.

I do betwee 650 and 700 dps on my NB, as long as I don't have to joust. When I have to joust dps drops, why because I am not hittin anything. If I don't joust I die. This wacks group wide dps to the point that the encounter can be a fail. The mage blasts away at 800 minimum, hell the cloro can just about equal me while healing. No need to joust, no loss of dps, no risk of Eating an AE in the face. This is balance? Not hardly. I don't give a crap abou Sabs. I am tired of the sab comment in every rogue thread. I hate that brain dead class. Look beyond sabs and actually compare the other soul to mages, even dps warriors, if its possible with the myopia that is clearly running rampant.

Rift Disciple

With melee's dpsing? When a mage would do so easier requiring less hps on the part of the healers thus making the instance more certain with fewer to no deaths? Not damn likely. Sorry when the devs themselves say they realize that there are many encounters that are to focused on ranged classes its an issue. Some players can say it doesn't exist till they are blue in the face but the devs themselves say otherwise.

I do betwee 650 and 700 dps on my NB, as long as I don't have to joust. When I have to joust dps drops, why because I am not hittin anything. If I don't joust I die. This wacks group wide dps to the point that the encounter can be a fail. The mage blasts away at 800 minimum, hell the cloro can just about equal me while healing. No need to joust, no loss of dps, no risk of Eating an AE in the face. This is balance? Not hardly. I don't give a crap abou Sabs. I am tired of the sab comment in every rogue thread. I hate that brain dead class. Look beyond sabs and actually compare the other soul to mages, even dps warriors, if its possible with the myopia that is clearly running rampant.
    i play a ranger. whats with the saboteur rant? i just reread the entire post by everyone, and i don't see mention of saboteurs at all.. take some meds or something, jesus.

like i said before, there are no dps rogues in the game at the moment that are not able to do t2's easily, i guess you must have missed me saying that... even though you quoted me...?

weird.

if your group is having difficulty with t2 encounters because simply your self perceived lack of dps in fights that require you to 'joust' i think that your group has a much larger issue.
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Plane Touched

The epeen-flapping ignorance you spew makes me laugh.

Telling people their opinion is essentially null-and-void because they aren't blazing through content is elitism at its best. And stupidity at its finest.

I am COMFORTABLY in T2s.

As a PUG.

My DPS is ALWAYS respectable and often top in the group.

If an encounter is just fubar for melee, no problem. I go bard. You know, that whole ADAPT to the fking SITUATION thing these soulsets let us do?

Yes, melee is boned in many encounters. But so what. The game's a month old. The devs have already addressed it. So why cry like somebody stole your mama's teet from you?

In the meantime, I'll do WHAT WORKS.

And I'll have fun.

And I'll laugh my *** off at you people who are so myopic that you can't evaluate the situation objectively and adapt accordingly.

If you're in a guild that refuses to allow you to run because you do 200 less damage per second, or lacks the creativity to find a spot for you as a bard UNTIL THINGS ARE STRAIGHTENED OUT, then you have a lot more problems than the calling itself.

And son, I know all about bleeding edge content.

#2 on server guild and server first kills on ALL Cataclysm raid content in WoW.

And guess what, we did it with people we liked.

Maybe you're the problem. Maybe your guild just doesn't like you. Could it be the attitude?

I made the choice to play Rift casually. And casually for me is defined as deep into T2 having not played beta and starting a week after the game went Live.

Much like you make the choice to play a rogue.

If the patch ruined your Riftlife as much as you say, you could already have a rerolled toon in the 40s. Maybe even 50.

So if you're so concerned about raiding, why didn't you do that until rogues are "fixed?"

Or do you just want to ***** and moan?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast