+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stop lumping ROGUES in as saboteurs

Default Stop lumping ROGUES in as saboteurs

Everyday I come here and I hear the mages, warriors and clerics say "rogue's needed a nerf," or "we all knew rogues were gonna get nerfed," or "rogues were doing too much burst." Pick your gripe, but damn stop lumping us all together.

Sabo's may be rogues but few people who play a rogue actually wanted to play a sabo in the first place. The vast majority of the rogues I know and associate with on a daily basis had every intention of playing a prototypical melee or marksman/ranger specced rogue when they came to this game. I'd even go as far as to argue that I don't know a single rogue who bought this game with the intention of playing Sab. People fell into sab after first trying the melee and marksman specs and finding that they're absolutely terrible in comparison to what their direct competition can do. Sab was the most effective way to be significant in the game so disappointed rogues flocked to it and felt forced to play it. The sab nerf is only truly upsetting because now all of the sabs are forced to go back to the under performing builds that originally disappointed them.

Rogues were NEVER over powered, if anything maybe sabs were but thats a different debate entirely. When you make blanket statements like "rogue is over powered," it sidetracks the issues prevalent with the melee and marksman builds. Real rogues are not and never were over powered, stop lumping us all in with whatever your opinion of sab is. Many of us never played sab to begin with, but have been forced to be lumped in with this broad generalization of rogues.

I guess the mages who don't play pyro will understand what i'm talking about shortly.
    Last edited by Smashapotamus; 04-02-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    Briarcliff * Defiant

I can honestly say I was thrilled there was sab. class in Rift. It got me to play beta, as a sab, which in turn got me to buy the game. I adore the class, and its range of different stacking charges for unique fights. Its easy to cross spec into range/melee since charges require no distance requirements.

I currently have Sab/Ranger/Bard specs. All awesome, with a decent variety of abilities. I can say that Sab. was one of the main reasons I joined this game

I want to say that even thou we got nerfed i still enjoy the class and I understand that perhaps we could have been overpowered, and the game devolpers would not reduce our damage unless their was a good reason.
    Last edited by riiptide; 04-02-2011 at 04:00 PM.

im with the OP, i didnt even realize the sabo or riftstalker souls existed until late in beta when someone said i could tank if i was a riftstalker or that saboteurs were OP in pvp...

at 50 i rolled saboteur cause it was the msot effective in pvp and pve, i had 0 intention of being one when i rolled a rogue.

now i play rifstalker, all i do is tank, and i do it well... i have all this epic dps gear but i dont wear it cause i have no soul to use it with, so i tank with the second set of gear i got before 1.1 came out knowing i would need it.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by riiptide View Post
    I can honestly say I was thrilled there was sab. class in Rift. It got me to play beta, as a sab, which in turn got me to buy the game. I adore the class, and its range of different stacking charges for unique fights. Its easy to cross spec into range/melee since charges require no distance requirements.

I currently have Sab/Ranger/Bard specs. All awesome, with a decent variety of abilities. I can say that Sab. was one of the main reasons I joined this game

I want to say that even thou we got nerfed i still enjoy the class and I understand that perhaps we could have been overpowered, and the game devolpers would not reduce our damage unless their was a good reason.
    So what you're telling me is that you played the beta as a sab and intended to go sab prior to ever even playing the game in the first place? Shenanigans.

The first time you ever heard of or played this game you chose a rogue so that you could go sab before anybody even really knew what they were? I doubt it.

The vast majority of rogues who played this game in beta didn't have a clue what the saboteur even was until they had been in the game for a little while.
    Briarcliff * Defiant

I was reading up on the game, the only classes that struck my interest were.

Riftstalker - rogue tank sounded fun.
    Shaman/Druid - I liked the idea of a 2h'd melee healer.
    Sabo - Explosives are always hella fun to play with in-games, I used to be a commando in SWG for the explosions lol

All other classes seemed "meh" to me and I am current maining a Riftstalker/BD/Bard main spec with off spec Sabo, I am enjoying my Sabo the most but being a tank gets you runs easier so I tend to use the tank spec in PvE all the time.

As for all rogues being lumped into the same boat, the forums does it as well notice the ROGUE forum?
    IMO there should be a different forum section devoted to each sub-class within the rogues souls. Then disccusions can be directly devoted to each class and we wont have to search through all other specs just to find a topic we want.

TLDR: If you don't want people to lump rogues in the same boat get the forums to stop doing it first.

100% agree OP, I am sick of poeple only refering to Sabs as Rogues in general and the rest of us falling into this stereotype.

Learn to call out specfic soul trees.

Indeed. I wanted to and still want to play a Ranger and I guess Rangers have ok DPS but are so reliant on the pet and keeping it alive and that damn Raptor is so slow in moving out and away from the boss that sometimes it just dies. 51 pints help a ton but hurts our DPS.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashapotamus View Post
    Everyday I come here and I hear the mages, warriors and clerics say "rogue's needed a nerf," or "we all knew rogues were gonna get nerfed," or "rogues were doing too much burst." Pick your gripe, but damn stop lumping us all together.

Sabo's may be rogues but few people who play a rogue actually wanted to play a sabo in the first place. The vast majority of the rogues I know and associate with on a daily basis had every intention of playing a prototypical melee or marksman/ranger specced rogue when they came to this game. I'd even go as far as to argue that I don't know a single rogue who bought this game with the intention of playing Sab. People fell into sab after first trying the melee and marksman specs and finding that they're absolutely terrible in comparison to what their direct competition can do. Sab was the most effective way to be significant in the game so disappointed rogues flocked to it and felt forced to play it. The sab nerf is only truly upsetting because now all of the sabs are forced to go back to the under performing builds that originally disappointed them.

Rogues were NEVER over powered, if anything maybe sabs were but thats a different debate entirely. When you make blanket statements like "rogue is over powered," it sidetracks the issues prevalent with the melee and marksman builds. Real rogues are not and never were over powered, stop lumping us all in with whatever your opinion of sab is. Many of us never played sab to begin with, but have been forced to be lumped in with this broad generalization of rogues.

I guess the mages who don't play pyro will understand what i'm talking about shortly.
    i agree i made a sab just so i would have a DPS role, my primary was assassin and secondary 51 point bard for uber group .

Plane Touched

I agree as well. When it was discovered that sab was OP it was like all the other souls vanished from the game, and now that they are more in line with the other souls, somehow the whole calling got nerfed. Now the people that played sab for the OPness are forced to speculate on other souls, and the followers that played sab because people said they were OP are lost and waiting for the new OP spec so they can immediately switch to that. It defeats the purpose of having choices and variety when people call out one specific soul as the best.

Soulwalker

developers you need to buff all rogue souls asap if you don't want to lose a hell of alot of subscribers. rogues are meant to be feared, they are a piece of crap in this game. that is all.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by dreamondreamer View Post
    developers you need to buff all rogue souls asap if you don't want to lose a hell of alot of subscribers. rogues are meant to be feared, they are a piece of crap in this game. that is all.
    They can start with auto attack damage.

+ Reply to Thread