+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Range or melee rogue for lvling?

Soulwalker

Default Range or melee rogue for lvling?

just need a helping hand. Whats better for lvling range or melee rogue im lvl 35

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by lust4blood View Post
    just need a helping hand. Whats better for lvling range or melee rogue im lvl 35
    Not trying to be a Troll, just bein' honest, but the answer is neither... Just reroll anything other than a rogue and you should be fine.

Telaran

The answer is ranged rogue. Try anything with ranger involved. If you put 4 points in ranger to get a pet, it will tank everything for you making leveling really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    The answer is ranged rogue. Try anything with ranger involved. If you put 4 points in ranger to get a pet, it will tank everything for you making leveling really easy.
    Pet comes with no points...
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Asriel19 View Post
    Pet comes with no points...
    You can't heal your pet unless you have 4 points in it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    You can't heal your pet unless you have 4 points in it.
    Of course you can.
    0ranger/10bard/xxMarksmen prob the best rogue lvling build. Cadence Will heal you and your pet and do damage at the same time. Can't get better than that. Then use Marks finishers.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tabeeb View Post
    Of course you can.
    0ranger/10bard/xxMarksmen prob the best rogue lvling build. Cadence Will heal you and your pet and do damage at the same time. Can't get better than that. Then use Marks finishers.
    Well, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneof9 View Post
    Not trying to be a Troll, just bein' honest, but the answer is neither... Just reroll anything other than a rogue and you should be fine.
    If you wan't to play a rogue class, play it. Don't reroll just because its not the FOTM. As for leveling, i did 1-50 as assassin and it went prety good, not much downtime, and could sap if there were more than 1 target. I tried ranger out, and while its just as good, i didn't care for the micromanagment
    Looking to buy Rift, or another PC game? Direct2drive is having a Refer a Friend program where you can get 15% off your order. Click the link and you will get a code, just use the code in the "Promotion Code" slot during checkout.
    http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/gCG0c

Soulwalker

Im probably not the best expert as im only in late 30's however my advice s to have 2 build a ranged and a stealth melee, u get the best of both worlds then as u have 2 different playstyles which will keep it interesting, a ranger based one to mow through mountains of mobs as you quest and a 21 points perma stealth assasin +13 pt rift stalker heals based build so if u want u dont have to fight your way through. As for the builds themselves i keep chopping and changing mine and im waiting till the furore of patch 1.1 dies down and people get down to testing some of their builds out. Im however leaning towards trying the BD/RS/Sin buids out now.

Shadowlander

Marksmen 10/Ranger 24/Bard 10

I'm level 34 and find this soul tree to be the best setup for my self.

Ranger/Bard L35 http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...f0coR.VcdmV0oo

Works very well and gets you the upgraded tank pet.

Ignore the morons telling you to roll another class, they obviously never learned to play...
    Is it a dream?
    Nay but the lack of it the dream,
    And failing it life's lore and wealth a dream
    And all the world a dream.

+ Reply to Thread