+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: I'm sorry. I think some of you are just horrible at this game. (not a troll)

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default I'm sorry. I think some of you are just horrible at this game. (not a troll)

    This is not a troll post or a flame. It's a true fact. I just decided to roll up a ranger and got him properly macro'ed and geared and all I can say is this guy is not weak by any means. He is dishing some serious pain out and very quickly. There is nothing wrong with rogues at all. If this guy is blazing through content actually faster than my mage did how would he just slump over in the end? He wouldn't, you're just really bad at this game.

    Please learn to play before you post anymore because I honestly think from what I have tried out we are fine and you have to remember one thing. We have UNLIMITED energy source where a mage can run out of mana and it can happen sadly if you're not an archon or warlock.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Come back when you are level 50, after doing PvP. I'll have the tissues waiting.

    Please learn to know what you are talking about and experience the content before you come and insult everyone, thinking your a pro keyboard warrior.
    Last edited by Asukra; 04-02-2011 at 12:22 PM.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Is your ranger lvl 50?

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Varseria View Post
    This is not a troll post or a flame. It's a true fact. I just decided to roll up a ranger and got him properly macro'ed and geared and all I can say is this guy is not weak by any means. He is dishing some serious pain out and very quickly. There is nothing wrong with rogues at all. If this guy is blazing through content actually faster than my mage did how would he just slump over in the end? He wouldn't, you're just really bad at this game.

    Please learn to play before you post anymore because I honestly think from what I have tried out we are fine and you have to remember one thing. We have UNLIMITED energy source where a mage can run out of mana and it can happen sadly if you're not an archon or warlock.
    Play to 50, then see how much your perception changes. Content to 50 is easy to get through as any class(especially one with a pet to tank while they dps). See how many raid and expert groups want your ranger with sub-par DPS. See how long you last in PvP.

    What holds true at level 10 doesn't hold true at level 50. Rogues start great and then scale horribly while other classes scale exponentially. I can make it through content fine too, and actually do better than most rogues seem to be doing in PvP. That doesn't change that parsed out we are, in fact, sub-par dps with less utility than every other class.
    Last edited by Calo; 04-02-2011 at 12:24 PM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asukra View Post
    Come back when you are level 50.
    Nothing would change then. Crit rates, hit rates etc would go down a bit but the skills remain intact and honestly you should learn to play a better. I was even told this with the worst so called spec in WoW at the time and I showed people they were just bad. Trion is a great company with a gaming crew of people they know what they are doing. They have done several tests with people who actually know how to play.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Varseria View Post
    This is not a troll post or a flame. It's a true fact. I just decided to roll up a ranger and got him properly macro'ed and geared and all I can say is this guy is not weak by any means. He is dishing some serious pain out and very quickly. There is nothing wrong with rogues at all. If this guy is blazing through content actually faster than my mage did how would he just slump over in the end? He wouldn't, you're just really bad at this game.

    Please learn to play before you post anymore because I honestly think from what I have tried out we are fine and you have to remember one thing. We have UNLIMITED energy source where a mage can run out of mana and it can happen sadly if you're not an archon or warlock.
    my ranger owned 1-49 and died at 50, this was before 1.1 came out fyi.

    mages suck 1-44 and owned 44-50, this was before 1.1 came out fyi.

    you tell me what is better, to own on the lvling process or at 50?

    just an fyi, i have 2 accounts and play all callings, so if you want to come here and talk about the lvling game and say we are noobs because there is no way we know what we are talking about at 50... then i have nothing more to say to you as your intelligence is not high enough to warrant a respectful comment.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Play to 50, then see how much your perception changes. Content to 50 is easy to get through as any class(especially one with a pet to tank while they dps). See how many raid and expert groups want your ranger with sub-par DPS. See how long you last in PvP.

    What holds true at level 10 doesn't hold true at level 50. Rogues start great and then scale horribly while other classes scale exponentially.

    Sounds good. I will get to 50 and show everybody we can still dish punishment. It's a good challenge.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Ha, ha, and HA! You have no clue what you are talking about. Get it to 50 and get back to us then. Otherwise ****.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    my ranger owned 1-49 and died at 50, this was before 1.1 came out fyi.

    mages suck 1-44 and owned 44-50, this was before 1.1 came out fyi.

    you tell me what is better, to own on the lvling process or at 50?

    just an fyi, i have 2 accounts and play all callings, so if you want to come here and talk about the lvling game and say we are noobs because there is no way we know what we are talking about at 50... then i have nothing more to say to you as your intelligence is not high enough to warrant a respectful comment.

    Mages should do better damage than us. QQ more honestly.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Varseria View Post
    Sounds good. I will get to 50 and show everybody we can still dish punishment. It's a good challenge.
    And thank you for showing us you are a complete idiot. Bye troll!
    Last edited by Naronas; 04-02-2011 at 12:29 PM.

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Varseria View Post
    Mages should do better damage than us. QQ more honestly.
    yup, you are def a child. my post had no QQ, i have a mage, i have a cleric, i have a warrior and i have a rogue. of all 4 of my characters my rogue is the weakest at 50 but had the fastest lvling to 50 via ranger. i know what im talking about but you do not as you are a child that has no idea what lvl 50 has to offer. mages did more dmg than us before 1.1, i don't care if they do more dmg, i like mages, i have one! my post was only refering to rangers, not rogues, rangers suck at 50!!! sure with some prestige gear and nightblade a ranger can be good at pvp, but he's not really a ranger he's a hybrid, and as far as pve goes? no pure ranger is doing any good dps, hybrid builds are fine but then i dont consider them rangers.

    i wont say come back when you lvl 50, i will say come back when you are older as you clearly are too young to know anything worth commenting on.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    31

    Default

    If only it were true. I run a ranger heavy R/MM/Rift and love(d) it. Got to T1 level all full of energy and hope. Had a hard time getting a group but got a few eventually -- put it up to people having a bad view of my type given other BAD players. Got myself to H126, hit a T1 with a really good crowd and at the end one of the guys reported the real time results of his damage parser. I crawled under a rock in sheer embarrassment. I rocked levelling, my shot rotation was solid, I did everything right, and I was nearly useless.

  13. #13
    General of Telara PVStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    972

    Default

    As a level 50 rogue, I have to say that it sounds like the majority of rogues on these forums are just downright terrible. They aren't nearly as bad as everyone makes them seen. I do, however, agree that they are subpar in many aspects, and do need some buffs.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    540

    Default

    People underplay how useful the class is because they want a buff.

    That does not mean that Rogues don't need one.

    The bottom line is that a good Warrior/Mage/Cleric can do more DPS than a good Rogue.

    It does not mean that a bad Warrior/Mage/Cleric can do more DPS than a good Rogue.

    I ran a T2 yesterday and pulled top DPS in my group. However, I think of that less as a credit to my own ability (and extremely unique build) and more as a fault of the Mage and Warrior DPS that were also in the group.

    There are Mages and Warriors in my guild that are good enough that there is absolutely no way in hell I would ever out DPS them. Absolutely 0 chance. And THIS is why Rogues are upset.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 04-02-2011 at 12:57 PM.

    GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Kristi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Numbers do not lie nearly so easily as people. So many people have tried so many different specs and parsed out the dps and come up with the same conclusion, rogue dps is subpar compared to every other soul. So before making a post telling everyone to learn to play, you need to learn to do the math and get a bit more experience under the belt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts