+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current Dmg Done PvP

Shadowlander

Default Current Dmg Done PvP

I just ran a black garden, and this is what the dmg done outcome was.

Top 3 were all mages

My dmg done as a Sab

Prior to that I ran a Port Scion
    7 of top 10 Dmg done were mages, with the highest doing 319k and the 10th spot mage doing 189k
    My dmg done as a Sab 116k and i had a banner game, no deaths almost perfect play.

Now... pre 1.1 on my Sab i was really really lucky to clear 100k in a match and was proud of that in a short game, and that was a great game. In the top dmg done was usually a mix of war/sabs/and mages depending on the match and who was playing obviously some ppl are better than others. Now my dmg has been cut by 75% and we see mages dmg nearly tripled, plus their bouncy shield and their absorb. So once again I ask what was the point of the adjustment, is trion srsly that blind? This had to show up in testing somewhere. Or was this a kneejerk adjustment? Can we expect the pendulum to swing so drastically with each "balancing patch". Is anyone else seeing these drastic changes in Dmg?

Plane Walker

I still top damage fairly often as a 51 pt nb. It's not a terribly difficult thing to do. More importantly, you need to realize top damage does that mean that person played particularly well. I remember in the old sab days I sat on the bridge on port scion and spammed shrapnel for a while. I got like 300k+ and probably could have gotten much more if I had an aoe build or spent the whole time aoeing. Just because I got that much damage doesn't mean I was being effective with it. Focusing is usually better, unless you have an aoe premade or something.

Mages were not buffed 3x and we were not nerfed by 75%. Your logic to get those numbers is way off.

Shadowlander

Its not logic dude its simple numbers i know what dmg i was doing and no where in my post did I talk about spamming dmg, i know exactly how to top the charts, dont respond like im ******ed. Im talking about pro players on both sides. I know these mages, i know how they play, i play them 20-30 times a day in WFs, they dont spam dmg either, they play effectively, and with precision. I know my numbers pre 1.1 and i know then now with the same build and same style of play. Pre 1.1 they avoided me like tha plague it was a running joke on both sides, now its completely flipped. They are even pissed that they cant get the exciting games we used to have, when they would get a kill on me the earned it and they knew it, now its a sad joke, they keep yelling at me to reroll so we can compete again.

And port scion is a very long game, i can pull 300k on a bard you idiot dont be stupid please, im looking for serious responses.

Rift Chaser

75% damage decrease has to be a bit exaggerated; I am noticing around a 50-60% decrease. Certain pryo builds were hard to take down before the patch and now they are nearly impossible to kill. Regrettably I play defiant and the guardians seemingly always run in premades so that certainly may skew my perception.

But I honestly think Trion truly wanted to balance the game and wanted to do so quickly, to show that they had the capability to respond to balancing issues post haste. Well that is great if you correctly address and fix the issues at hand. To do that you need to properly test for proposed fixes. A week on an alpha server doesn't cut it. And gutting certain souls when there was merely an "armor penetration bug" affecting damage is downright inexcusable.

What Trion should have done is give the mages their buff, fix the armor pen bug, and give minor POSITIVE tweaks to some other souls. Completely gutting souls and changing the basic mechanics of how they work one month after release isn't a very good model of game balance.

I sincerely wish they would roll back the patch given the parameters I mentioned above and see if this fixes the issues and makes everyone happy. I play a sab, and I have spent over 30k plat trying out new specs looking for a viable one. I am now broke and even if I wanted to try new souls I can't afford to train up the new skills. (I made the mistake of upgrading my mount 4 days before the patch so that was my fault.) Sure I can go out and farm all day for more plat but that isn't my idea of fun. I have rerolled a couple of new classes but mages and clerics are not my cup of tea.

I'm not QQ'ing nor am I quitting but I am concerned.

+ Reply to Thread